Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Man, it's shit losing Smejki! Why did some fucker post shit on 8chan in the first place? Dumbass kids everywhere.
What.
It's not been confirmed, I'm reacting to this:

Smejki , what's up with the dice game?
I don't think he's allowed to talk with us anymore, either because his interaction led to shit like this: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/407330798 or because they're in Stealth mode after release, at least till they fix some Bugs and shit and the game is in a more playable state.

Elex

Arbiter
Jesus people are retarded, side quests are fedex? The fetch shit is "activities", they're specifically called that, they even have a special tab in the journal and they're there for you as an alternative way to make money, if you want to LARP as a pissful soyboy.
I actually like some of those fetch quests since you can boost different stats through the tasks they give, like the thieving ones from Peshek increase lockpicking or pickpocketing, clearing camps improves stealth/strength/defence depends on you do it, the poaching task increases bow stat and hunting, so on and so forth. And hey, like you said, those activities pay really well too.
many quest and activities are basically tutorial/suggestion for activities in game.

https://www.pcgamer.com/kingdom-com...and-im-on-a-violent-mission-to-get-them-back/

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Jesus people are retarded, side quests are fedex? The fetch shit is "activities", they're specifically called that, they even have a special tab in the journal and they're there for you as an alternative way to make money, if you want to LARP as a pissful soyboy.
I actually like some of those fetch quests since you can boost different stats through the tasks they give, like the thieving ones from Peshek increase lockpicking or pickpocketing, clearing camps improves stealth/strength/defence depends on you do it, the poaching task increases bow stat and hunting, so on and so forth. And hey, like you said, those activities pay really well too.
many quest and activities are basically tutorial/suggestion for activities in game.

https://www.pcgamer.com/kingdom-com...and-im-on-a-violent-mission-to-get-them-back/
Lol, he probably pressed the wrong button on the controller and dropped them out of his inventory, and in the morning couldn't see them on the floor. This is about Talmberg, the first time you get to sleep.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Any decent estimate for when the game will be in a good playable state? Weeks? Couple of months? In a year?

AwesomeButton

Patron
I read the whole thing... so, my understanding is that PC Gamer have some kind of a "mentally challenged" quota and that's how this guy got hired.

Any decent estimate for when the game will be in a good playable state? Weeks? Couple of months? In a year?
"Five minutes, Turkish"

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

If you're not constantly thinking about the game while sleeping, working or shitting I'd wait for the Director's Cut/GOTY edition. Vavra hinted a few times it could be something special, with a lot of additional content, everything much more polished etc. Wait at least a year, the game isn't going anywhere.

AwesomeButton

Patron
To tell you my own moronic little story, I went to Sasau the day before yesterday, to learn to read. Don't ask me why would I want that. Yesterday I got to meet the scribe guy and learned to read, level 3 in like five minutes. Then I thought to pay a visit to the monastery, and because I just can't say no, I take the quest to help out there. This brings me to the herbalist fellow from whom I'm looking for help. Instead of help, he sends me to weed out his garden. Last night I spent half an ingame day weeding out his garden. As a result, I'm a level 6 herbalist, higher than any other skill level I have. The moral of the story - never learn to read, kids.

Hellion

Arcane
The game is fully playable and completeable even in its current state. I finished the main storyline's quest 2-3 days ago having experienced only a single random crash-to-desktop due to a memory leak or something. It's not without its bugs and glitches (and hilarious AI moments), and a few secondary quests are indeed bugged, but nothing that's completely game-breaking (except for one quest that is planned to be fixed with the upcoming patch).

If you're not a kickstarter backer and feel dread at the prospect of having to reload an earlier save even once, you'd better wait a couple of months until a few more patches are out the door. But the game is definitely not as broken as people make it out to be.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I'll play slowly so I don't reach the allegedly more buggy later party of the game before a patch.

Quatlo

Arcane
The enemy parries can get ridiculous, some random miner managed to master strike like 10 of my hits.
I dont get it where this combat system is going, you get these techniques you can never use because either enemy just parries you and combos your face or dies in 2 hits so you dont finish the technique anyway.

Volken

Scholar
Man, it's shit losing Smejki! Why did some fucker post shit on 8chan in the first place? Dumbass kids everywhere.

SJWs man... Codex is under the constant attack of evil forces. SJWs have infiltrated the Codexian bunker long time ago and now are fixated on the unholy mission to annihilate it in every plane of existence be it physical, factual or philosophical. Our only hope is unbroken faith in God Emperor of Mankind and his bastard son Hidetaka Miyazaki.

:despair: Will Codex survive the Gehenna?

Quatlo

Arcane
Whats this? Homosex in my game? B-but you were supposed to be the based ones! Reee!

JSsiA7r.jpg

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Just historical correctness - why do you think anti-homosexual laws became a thing in the late middle ages - because there was a "problem". ; )

AwesomeButton

Patron
>game is unplayable for up to a YEAR after release
the absolute STATE of popamolers
It's unplayable? Wow, I must have missed that information, because I've been playing it since the 14th.

Edit: There are individual retards such as Dragonul, who can't play it but that's not a common problem.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Holy shit so Eurogamer went full-retard. It's beyond what even Polygon or Kotaku write. This fools directly accuses not just Vavra, but the entire game of bigotry and sexism:

All of which means that a shadow lingers over Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Instead of challenging the Dark Age it reinterprets 615 years later, the game seems to delight in it. Instead of seeing notes in the margin of a history book, we get what feels like a glossy pamphlet advertising an escape into an oddly romanticised past.

http://archive.is/XI9zq

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Holy shit so Eurogamer went full-retard. It's beyond what even Polygon or Kotaku write. This fools directly accuses not just Vavra, but the entire game of bigotry and sexism:

"What if a group of black Africans came through and stayed at an inn and someone got pregnant? Even one night is enough for a pregnancy."

lmaooooo

The game's Codex even feels the need to describe the ideal woman of the time: "a thin, pale woman with long blonde hair, small rounded breasts, relatively narrow hips and a narrow waist".

Hahahahaha :hero:

Elex

Arbiter
https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/96

- Massively increased enemy health!
- Stamina regeneration has been significantly reduced.
- Attacks will now use significanlty more stamina.
- Stamina will be reduced more when the player is hit or blocks an attack.
- Stamina will take slightly longer to start regenerating.
- Enemies will now attack more often when fighting multiple enemies.
- Enemy damage slightly increased.

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/103
Reduces the amount of money you get from selling items to vendors by circa 50%.
This makes stealing and herbalism less overpowered.

modders are already doing a great work without any real support.
the game already can be customized to fit any level of larping autism you want.

also look like it's not really about bug, it's more about AI balance (because you can change Ai to attack more etc etc)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom