Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Please, suggest me a great recent single player game for pc to buy.

Mazisky

Magister
After months of online stuff now i want to play a good engaging single player game with a nice story.

Last i played was the Witcher 3.

Tell me what options i have, thank you.

TBA: In my steam library i have (but not played yet because no will at the time), Re7 and Spellforce 3.

Also i was looking for Evil within 2 or Wolfenstein 2 but very mixed reviews.

Just tell me some good single player heavy story game

Mojobeard

Augur
Not sure how recent any of these are:
Would really recommend the original Evil Within, if you haven't played it. It's the Resident Evil 4 formula perfected.
EW 2 is not that good. The open world aspect doesn't work, and the linear late game is never quite as good as the first game's. But if you can get it cheap, there are worse things to spend money on.

Nioh, if you want a decent action game. Think mission based Dark Souls with Diablo loot. The plot is confusing Jap history.

DOOM if you can get it for cheap, if only for the visuals. It gained some popularity last year, since people realized it's actually half decent.

Metal Gear Solid V is still very very good. The controls and mission openness are one of a kind. Problem is that it's not quite finished, the story just stops at one point.

Many suggested Prey. Definitely not a bad option, just wasn't my cup of tea, but can't put my finger on why. From recent similar games, I think Alien: Isolation and Deus Ex: HR did it better.

Mazisky

Magister
Ok, thank you for all the suggestions:

I've already played and finished many times Pillars, Grim dawn was nice but i left half game cause of boring environments and setting, unfortunately i kinda hate post-apocalyptic stuff, the reason why i've always avoided Fallout.

I am playing Re7 now and it's pretty fun. So i guess i'll like EW too, maybe i'll buy the first one cause cheaper.

Also, i think i'll try Prey too, it seems to have Halflife vibes.

Expedition vikings i really wanted to play that game cause i love both turn based and rpg, unfortunately it's not avaiable in my language and i've been told is pretty story heavy...my english sucks so i am screwed.

I avoid Kingdom Come because i prefere fantasy, hate hystorical ones, expecially in middle ages.
A random Witcher game can have all the typical situations and events of a realistic medieval game plus thousand of fantasy stuff. Also, fighting humans for 60h is boring,

Don't like japanese games cause of weirdness, with the exception of horror ones.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Bought Prey 3 times already. Once for myself and 2 copies as birthday presents for friends with good taste. People need to play this game.

Also its nothing like Half Life. Its basically the descendent of System Shock 2.

Mazisky

Magister
Bought Prey 3 times already. Once for myself and 2 copies as birthday presents for friends with good taste. People need to play this game.

Also its nothing like Half Life. Its basically the descendent of System Shock 2.

I'll install it as soon i finish Resident Evil 7 (that i am enjoying quite a bit)

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Actually Prey is like Dead Space 1, Deus Ex 1 AND System Shock 2 combined, with a dash of half-life thrown in for good measure.

It takes alot of the great things about the past said games and does it well. Enjoying my experience immensly.

Resident Evil 7 is also really solid experience. Had a blast playing the game with dark room and full audio. Creepy stuffffffff.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, it was on sale for 20 bucks last week.
Good shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom