Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

sparq_beam

I'm very ambivalent about the combat system. The master strokes are always annoying, it's not fun when your opponent can do it against most of your attacks, and it's not fun when you do it. Feinting and landing a regular attack is more satisfying, and there's a nice crunchy sound when you score a hit with a mace. A simpler system would be better, with no master strokes and no clinches, based entirely on managing your distance to the enemy, feinting, and parrying with no slow-mo and with directional restrictions, like M&B.

It's a real shame, because there's a lot of good stuff in the game, but ultimately, for me, this kind of game revolves around combat.

Jinn

Arcane
Hmmm, sounds like it's worth waiting for some possible added increased challenge/balancing even more than technical problems. Good to know. I've been extremely tempted to get this, but now it seems like a wise idea to wait a bit.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Hmmm, sounds like it's worth waiting for some possible added increased challenge/balancing even more than technical problems. Good to know. I've been extremely tempted to get this, but now it seems like a wise idea to wait a bit.
It's very playable and enjoyable at this point, don't get the wrong impression, but if you are put off by the bugs and lack of polish, yeah, probably a good idea to wait.

Jinn

Arcane
It's very playable and enjoyable at this point, don't get the wrong impression, but if you are put off by the bugs and lack of polish, yeah, probably a good idea to wait.

I'm actually not one to be particularly bothered by bugs and the like. I've more been holding off in the hopes of some improved optimization because I know I'll probably only be able to play it at around 30fps with my AMD FX-8350 and Geforce 1060 6gb. Besides that, though, you would say its been providing you with some good challenges?

Last edited:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I'm actually not one to be particularly bothered by bugs and the like. I've more been holding off in the hopes of some improved optimization because I know I'll probably only be able to play it at around 30fps with my AMD FX-8350 and Geforce 1060 6gb. Besides that, though, you would say its been providing you with some good challenges?

Dude, my hardware is a generation behind yours and it runs like a dream on my PC at a mix of high and very high.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
side quests I've done -
a horse race
collecting birds
3 part fetch quest that required to search an area, participate in an archery contest and tame a horse
a mystery to solve about murder and shady construction workers
courted theresa
spent the night at the bath with hans copon, played dice, got drunk, had to break into a place to get wine and then go pick flowers

all of these could be completed in multiple ways and had story to them..

what are you people talking about?

Tigranes

Arcane
Half of the sidequests are just fine, the other half pretty quickly devolve into fetch quests. I just ignore the fetch boar meat, fetch hare skin, take out the next bandit camp, etc. sidequests - and some of the thievery ones, too, a few of them are completely uninteresting in terms of approaching the victim and casing the place.

Just like TW3 suffered from MMOitis as a result of going open world, I think they could have done with a more focused and closed world approach here. KCD quests/writing/gameplay shines in highly scripted set pieces, and there's not really anything 'emergent' going on, again like TW3.

The 'big' sidequests, from the monastery mystery to the Waldesians, tend to be done pretty nicely.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
I have an impression that side quests (yellow star) have context while activities (exclamation mark) are fedex shit, isn't that the case?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I must agree with Lambchop19,i expected a lot of quests to be bugged from reading the forums. Turned out the idiots don't know how to play such games,there are a few obscure things but all the quests are finishable and don't have many bugs.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I don't think poaching quests can be properly called "fetch" quests. It doesn't matter where you get the meat. 9/10 times I already had whatever was needed in my inventory. I go poaching for fun and bow skill upgrades. Finding a buyer for all that meat is an afterthought.

With that said, the lady Stephanie thing IS a fucking fetch quest and its ending is shitty railroading. If you try a shirt you end up boning some old hag, no choice given. I was merely thinking about selling the shirt for some early game cash, but then the game went full Brazzers with its plot and I was like "WTF...?! Stop! I don't wanna cuck the guy who saved me in the prologue!".

KateMicucci

Arcane
I don't think poaching quests can be properly called "fetch" quests. It doesn't matter where you get the meat. 9/10 times I already had whatever was needed in my inventory. I go poaching for fun and bow skill upgrades. Finding a buyer for all that meat is an afterthought.
Are you carrying around 80 pounds of rotten meat with you?

Nael

Arcane
5-6lDDC-Ej7R25X232Q85x4vMU5vqDRcYoVf8QE3X24.jpg

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Spellforce 3 and Seven: The Days Long Gone are all too fresh wounds for Jinn :)

Jinn

Arcane
Spellforce 3 and Seven: The Days Long Gone are all too fresh wounds for Jinn :)

Well, I bought this just now anyway!

Also, still have a lot of love for Seven despite it's horrible optimization problems.

Have yet to try Spellforce 3, but I still very much so look forward to it.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
We famous nao! :lol:
https://8ch.net/v/res/14351288.html

please god I hope they stop coming here, I am a newfag and I am tired of newfags
I like how someone got banned for agreeing with Smejki. Great board.

I like how they think we are just a bunch of filthy normies and are acting all edgy and try hard.

Lel figgits don't even know what they don't know.
lmao, they deleted the thread. what kind of weak bitches are calling themselves /v/ these days? pathetic.
It was deleted a while ago, I expected it to be deleted earlier with how little it had to do with video games and how there is a KCD thread.
8/v/ used to be a good board, I have been there since 2014 but nowadays a large portion of the userbase is edgy newfags from Reddit and 4chan who pretend to be super cool oldfags by calling everything shilling and being edgy all the time. It all gets so tiring, you can't talk about any game that was made by a company that has a fucking SJW janitor or some shit. In that thread it was about Smejki calling Wolf2 a shitty game due to it being a shitty game, all political reasons aside and people who scream SJW CUCK being annoying, which is true. Some of the more reasonable people said that who cares and that he is right, others were those same edgy newfags vowing not to play the game because one script monkey out of the 60, 100(?) employees that Warhorse has an opinion about a game they didn't like, not even a positive opinion even.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Anonymity has it's advantages and disadvantages, but I prefer usernames because it means that retards you don't like and contribute nothing can be more easily filtered and disregarded.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Can anyone give me directions on where to find ingredients for Lullaby? I've already got enough Dandelion, but there is also Poppy and two other which I can't remember so I only need three ingredients, I guess.

I like it that I'm still barely literate and already brewing potions according to recipes.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
With that said, the lady Stephanie thing IS a fucking fetch quest and its ending is shitty railroading. If you try a shirt you end up boning some old hag, no choice given. I was merely thinking about selling the shirt for some early game cash, but then the game went full Brazzers with its plot and I was like "WTF...?! Stop! I don't wanna cuck the guy who saved me in the prologue!".
Yeah, that was... unfortunate. Especially considering at that time you are already having an interest in Theresa.

On the other hand, your superior told you to undress and put your skills to good use. As a good Christian, you cannot say no to this, can you?

Last edited:

Inziladun

Magister
How do I practice sword fighting in the arenas around the towns? I ask to be trained and it just ups my level I want to actually fight.
Talk to Captain Bernard in Rattay. Not sure about the other arenas.

Anyone else have their Bernard stuck at Neuhof? I imagine it's because I told the Widow I'd compromise and leave her a Guard for a couple days. But that was literally weeks ago at this point and he' still there. Imagine this is a bug but it shouldn't have been the captain to stick around in the first place. They also left all their horses their too but that' not as much of a deal.

A little annoying because I'd like to be able to spar. Slaying bandits isn't nearly as fun tbh.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
My jacket is too damaged tailor's kit isn't able to patch it up. Any idea how to repair it?

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
How do I practice sword fighting in the arenas around the towns? I ask to be trained and it just ups my level I want to actually fight.
Talk to Captain Bernard in Rattay. Not sure about the other arenas.

Anyone else have their Bernard stuck at Neuhof? I imagine it's because I told the Widow I'd compromise and leave her a Guard for a couple days. But that was literally weeks ago at this point and he' still there. Imagine this is a bug but it shouldn't have been the captain to stick around in the first place. They also left all their horses their too but that' not as much of a deal.

A little annoying because I'd like to be able to spar. Slaying bandits isn't nearly as fun tbh.

Have you finished the Ginger quest and talked to Sir Radzig?

imweasel

Anyone else have their Bernard stuck at Neuhof? They also left all their horses their too but that' not as much of a deal.
He should go back to Rattay with the rest of the guards once you report your findings in Uzhitz back to him.

The guards left their horses in Neuhof in my game too.

My jacket is too damaged tailor's kit isn't able to patch it up. Any idea how to repair it?
Ask a tailor to repair it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom