Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Beowulf

Arcane
Smejki , what's up with the dice game?
Are the results of the throw decided at the start of the AI turn?
That is - does the algorithm generate dice values and steps for the AI player turn instantly? Like a chain of steps: player throws, here are the results of a throw, the player picks two dice valued 5, throws again, picks up one die valued 1, throws again and gets "bust" result.

Because someone could look into that, as the AI quite often gets enough points to win the game, but still continues throwing with the chances getting slimmer and gets 0 points on the winning throw eventually.

Or the algorithm is just poorly written, as it doesn't check for the "match target value" win state.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
So it is about bugs right now, not the popamole :lol: :bounce: :lol:

Bro, seriously, by this point you must be the only human being on this planet who thinks the game is popamole. One of the first quests is hunting tiny agile rabbits in the woods with a shaky bow for an hour. Real time. Even most Codexers downloaded the save and bow mods bc game2hardcore.

I know it's tough to admit one was catastrophically wrong but let it go, it'll set you free.

I play other, better games instead and let this be a monument on my SSD for how I could be wrong ;) that was a different time - entirely - when Knotanalt was still around the only Codexer I truly respect.

P.S. And I have no problem being "the only human being on this planet who thinks" because I know I am right and there will be many more. Suck it up popamoler, deeply :lol::lol::lol::lol:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Not even Oblivion or Skyrim had such a short lived difficulty
3Qbdlm0.png

You kill a dragon at level 1 in Skyrim...
How have you not left the thread in embarrassment by now?

We famous nao! :lol:
https://8ch.net/v/res/14351288.html

please god I hope they stop coming here, I am a newfag and I am tired of newfags
I like how someone got banned for agreeing with Smejki. Great board.

I like how they think we are just a bunch of filthy normies and are acting all edgy and try hard.

Lel figgits don't even know what they don't know.
lmao, they deleted the thread. what kind of weak bitches are calling themselves /v/ these days? pathetic.

That is - does the algorithm generate dice values and steps for the AI player turn instantly? Like a chain of steps: player throws, here are the results of a throw, the player picks two dice valued 5, throws again, picks up one die valued 1, throws again and gets "bust" result.

Because someone could look into that, as the AI quite often gets enough points to win the game, but still continues throwing with the chances getting slimmer and gets 0 points on the winning throw eventually.

Or the algorithm is just poorly written, as it doesn't check for the "match target value" win state.
the victory conditions are way too low imo. you can win in one or two turns easily.

Tigranes

Arcane

The game is so simple and the AI so dumb, it seems almost impossible to lose the game - just like the TW3 minigame. I was never sure what was the point of putting in a game you can almost never lose.

(AI regularly throws away good hauls to go for 2 or 3 die throws and then busts.)

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just wondering for anyone that knows a lot of medieval stuff - is the bandits in the game too well equipped? The game doesn't really seem to make a difference between bandit and mercenary since both are called "bandit". I do understand mercenaries being better equipped though, I just find it a bit weird having heavily armored guys sitting in the middle of the woods waiting to attack someone. I'm talking from a balance point of view as well, since it makes it easy to get really good equipment fast and early too. It will also make you rich as a troll, trumping every other noble man in the land.

The game is so simple and the AI so dumb, it seems almost impossible to lose the game - just like the TW3 minigame. I was never sure what was the point of putting in a game you can almost never lose.

(AI regularly throws away good hauls to go for 2 or 3 die throws and then busts.)
I think you just stated the reason. Minigames were in TW2 & 3. They are emulating successful games. The smart thing to do, really. They just clearly haven't been abl to give it much attention beyond making it functional.

TBH, I don't mind the dice game at all. It just needs a bit of polish. It's a nice divesion and as long as it doesn't become a pain/central plot point, I'm fine w it.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
I think you just stated the reason. Minigames were in TW2 & 3. They are emulating successful games. The smart thing to do, really. They just clearly haven't been abl to give it much attention beyond making it functional.

TBH, I don't mind the dice game at all. It just needs a bit of polish. It's a nice divesion and as long as it doesn't become a pain/central plot point, I'm fine w it.

The Witcher 1 and 2 dice game was always 1 victory over 5-6 defeats. Shit was not easy to win and you had to do a lot of save and reload if you didn't want to actually lose money.

Is this game supposed to be difficult? I already killed the first boss (Runt) and only died twice. Once for pushing my luck against well equiped bandits while injured and the second against Runt (mostly bad luck, killed him almost instantly afterwards).

So far I have equiped myself with the best stuff Rattau has to offer and I feel like I'm very OP.

The Witcher 1 and 2 dice game was always 1 victory over 5-6 defeats. Shit was not easy to win and you had to do a lot of save and reload if you didn't want to actually lose money.
I guess it was just really easy for me.

But my point is that that is why it's there. Honestly, how are we expecting that AI to be good when there are problems with the AI in the actual game that they haven't fixed yet. I think the combat AI has and should take precedent.

KateMicucci

Arcane
Just wondering for anyone that knows a lot of medieval stuff - is the bandits in the game too well equipped? The game doesn't really seem to make a difference between bandit and mercenary since both are called "bandit". I do understand mercenaries being better equipped though, I just find it a bit weird having heavily armored guys sitting in the middle of the woods waiting to attack someone. I'm talking from a balance point of view as well, since it makes it easy to get really good equipment fast and early too. It will also make you rich as a troll, trumping every other noble man in the land.
There wasn't much of a difference between mercenaries and bandits. Banditry is what mercenaries did when they weren't working. A big problem around the 1400's was getting your mercenaries to go away once the war was over.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Think of the bandits as mercenaries or deserters from Sigismund’s army. I’m not an expert on the late medieval Holy Roman Empire, but well armed groups of “bandits” would be fairly common in a war zone, particularly in a situation like 1403 Bohemia where the monarch is imprisoned and a foreign army controls the country. If you look at France at its low points during the Hundred Years’ War, you constantly had well armed mercenaries roving around the countryside, robbing people or extorting entire towns for protection money. The technical term is routiers. In fact, in France in 1362 an army of 12,000 out of work mercenaries/brigands beat a larger force fielded by the French authorities at Brignais.

Also, when rulers ran out of money (which happened very often because fielding an army is expensive), they would stop paying their troops cash and instead let them loot/extort the locals to make up the difference. This would result in well equipped men-at-arms effectively acting as bandits all over the place. I believe this is the situation Sigismund finds himself in: rather than paying his soldiers he’s letting them plunder.

Tigranes

Arcane
Is this game supposed to be difficult? I already killed the first boss (Runt) and only died twice. Once for pushing my luck against well equiped bandits while injured and the second against Runt (mostly bad luck, killed him almost instantly afterwards).

So far I have equiped myself with the best stuff Rattau has to offer and I feel like I'm very OP.

One key determinant is whether you're stealing and looting everything in every single building, which some players do. Without such 'open-ended' thievery, or the treasure map loot, I think it's a bit more difficult than that, though not super challenging by any means.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Matthew and his bald moron friend a pair of wannabe worthless mafia banditos :lol::lol:

Also Miltiades leaving you jumping out of the window while also putting your rep with locals to the bottom with every quest :lol:

Best thief in this game is a muscle thief.

I am looking forward for replaying this game in a year hopefully patched by fully embracing medieval criminal world and shaking every old lady on my way for coin.

Not really stealing, if I do is mainly to improve skills. Most of the money I make by looting my fallen enemies, and those bandit eradication quests are my main source of income.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Do you guys find any good reasons to do side quests in this game? I can hardly find any incentive. I constantly have all I need and I'm progressing in the ranks of the army nicely etc. Why would I trek around to find stuff?
Fucking open world games have forgotten to give us reasons to play all the random content scattered around

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Do you guys find any good reasons to do side quests in this game? I can hardly find any incentive. I constantly have all I need and I'm progressing in the ranks of the army nicely etc. Why would I trek around to find stuff?
Fucking open world games have forgotten to give us reasons to play all the random content scattered around
Only reason to do them is for the story and the horse quest for the best saddle(maybe it is bugged). Most of them are annoying fetch quests with a lot of pointless running around. The one with the ghost is the worst i have seen. The fast travel should have been instant(with lost ingame time),it is horrendously slow. The one with killing bandits/cummans are cool,another one i like is the fist fighting ones.

Yeah, TW3 had excellently written side quests (for a video game). I enjoyed most of them just for the story, but there really wasn't much in-game need for them seeing as how you could beat the game naked on max difficulty if you wanted to.

Then again, you could say the same about almost any game since and including BG.

Sinatar

Arbiter

No reason. The side quests are the drizzling shits in this game. The worst kind of busywork fedex horseshit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom