Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Has anyone tried this mod, and if so, what do you think? https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/83 Brozef?

Haven't tried it. The game runs basically bug free for me and I am not gonna screw it up by trying out any extensive mods. Also first playthroughs should be done vanilla :obviously:

Since having gone back to the main quest there was a short relapse of decline though
the runt fight was stupidly easy. fainted once, stabbed his face twice and he fell over immediately. and not only was I not allowed to loot the bastard, but I had to sit through 10 minutes of cutscenes which told a completely different story to my 2 second fight. :decline:
whoever is responsible for all these stupid cinematics should be hanged

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Runt can be absurdly easy or absurdly hard. You can actually loot him though.*
*if the game bugs out and the cutscene doesn't trigger, he has a sword called Fearnot and some average-good gear.
bnqDUr.png

nzttd2.png

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Indeed, this shit is worse than most final fantasy games... The hours of mediocre cutscenes they shoved into the game is just ridiculous and a monumental waste of resources.

Imagine all those man hours and voice acting money going into the actual gameplay and/or fixing all this shit performance and bugs... WH really got their priorities wrong.

Shadenuat

Arcane
It seems like high-level weapons simply do too much damage in the hands of the player
If a simple mace does 35 while Bailiff's does 90 (my damage now is 129), and add skill & perk bonuses, if enemy health is actually 100 like yours, and my hounskull & else gives me 28 head armor... one can only imagine what, if those are all mostly flat numbers, it does to enemies in worse equipment. You touch them and they fall.
Whatever happens with game's numbers during second half of the game, triple to quadriple damage raise in combat system is bad news.

:littlemissfun:

Also I don't know if it's intended or a glitch, but some merchants stockpile shekels. Like my miller began with 1k, and last time I brought him some loot he had 8k.

Last edited:
Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It seems like high-level weapons simply do too much damage in the hands of the player
If a simple mace does 35 while Bailiff's does 90 (my damage now is 129), and add skill & perk bonuses, if enemy health is actually 100 like yours, and my hounskull & else gives me 28 head armor... one can only imagine what, if those are all mostly flat numbers, it does to enemies in worse equipment. You touch them and they fall.
Whatever happens with game's numbers during second half of the game, triple to quadriple damage raise in combat system is bad news.

Yeah I would much prefer a system where, as you level, you just learn new techniques, ways to decrease stamina use, and ways to avoid damage and not have leveling increase damage of simple attacks. And the best weapons should feel noticeably better, but shouldn't instakill everyone.

When I first trained with Bernard I got all excited because I thought that's how combat would be for the rest of the game. Instead the game's combat has three stages:
1. Hit enemies 20 times to kill them
2. Use combos and techniques to kill enemies
3. Hit enemies 1-2 times to kill them

Stage 1 is up till you get to Bernard, stage 2 is until you get a good weapon, and stage 3 is the rest of the game.

Preferably stage 1 would be more like 3-5 times and it would be actually hitting someone that is difficult. Then stage 2 is the rest of the game, but as you get more advanced techniques most combats get easier because successfully executing advanced techniques will do lots of damage. But then fighting someone equally as advanced would make successfully executing a technique more difficult (in a way that didn't feel bullshit).

Tigranes

Arcane
My experience has been that you might fight an armoured dude for many rounds, many of your hits being blocked or doing only limited/mitigated damage, but then the moment you get one or two really clean hits, that might decide the battle - hence Runt could be a slow war of attrition that your character will almost certainly be worse off of, looking for that opening for the head, but for players who by luck or skill or whatever can get that clean hit from the start, it ends up being a 'simple win'.

In one sense, I think that's great - I like the fact that these are swordfights where you carefully feel out the enemy and one big mistake or great move from either side makes a significant difference, instead of a linear war of attrition where you're taking off 20 hp each time like clockwork or whatever. It should really hurt, on either end, to get a clean hit on an unprotected area.

The problem is the instances where the AI is bad at handling initial transition in/out of locked-in battle mode, so that you can run up and get that battle-winning hit for free (or do it with arrows I guess, the ability to kite and shoot being an unsolved problem in just about every open world RPG). Combine that with what I'm hearing of weapon damage scaling too high, and I think that's why sometimes the system works and you get this nice probing duel, but for other players, especially if you like to switch targets, run around, run away, etc. a lot, then the system breaks down and you end up getting deflating ridiculous victories.

Not sure how to solve the problem, honestly - you can see a similar problem in all Piranha Bytes games, where combat works far better 1v1 but it becomes so easy to purposefully or accidentally smash people in silly ways when you're dealing with irregular terrain, far distances and/or multiple combatants. Whether in the big Pribyslavitz [sic] fight in KCD, or mass battles in TW2/3, big battles end up with players just circling around on engaged enemies and smashing their face in from behind.

Nael

Arcane
Really enjoyed all the quests and yes... Even the cutscenes so far but that Lady Stephanie romance...

Ugh.

Yikes.

Shadenuat

Arcane
hence Runt could be a slow war of attrition that your character will almost certainly be worse off of, looking for that opening for the head
Funny thing armor is the only actual part which stands between you and death in this game. I was once all cocky somewhere midgame with best armor and bugged out warfare skill, and engaged respawned nightingale bandits without helmet.

Everything was fine before I got a random combo to the head with low level hatchet which took 70% of my hp and instantly popped bleeding all over the screen.

But while player has no trouble turning enemy armor to 0 in literally few hits (just check enemy loot after combat if you have 100+ damage and see all the red 0's), they seem to be rather bad at dealing with your armor.

So I'd say there is trouble on both fronts, but at the very least they should scale damage down and smoothen the overall damage curve. It's just numbers it's easy to fix.

Yeah I would much prefer a system where, as you level, you just learn new techniques
Which this game thankfully supports by design, so hope they will work on it.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
-which makes it weird that they havent figured how to make it rain indoor. Gothic 1 has this feature. No biggie tho.
what are you saying? that you can't hear thr sound of rain indoor?
You can see raindrops indoors, clipping through the roof of the house.
BTW wh_cam_DumpLocation 1
in console (~) returns cam position to your clipboard. I'll hapilly forward those to our guys so they could fix the instances
I found this place next to the church in Sasau, where there is apparently a rip in time-space:
Y4j9INz.jpg

I can't make a gif of it but if you stand at that location I'm sure it will make sense to you.

I tried "wh_cam_DumpLocation 1" but all I got as a response in the console was "wh_cam_DumpLocation = 0 []". Nothing got dumped.

Brancaleone

Liturgist
My experience has been that you might fight an armoured dude for many rounds, many of your hits being blocked or doing only limited/mitigated damage, but then the moment you get one or two really clean hits, that might decide the battle - hence Runt could be a slow war of attrition that your character will almost certainly be worse off of, looking for that opening for the head, but for players who by luck or skill or whatever can get that clean hit from the start, it ends up being a 'simple win'.

In one sense, I think that's great - I like the fact that these are swordfights where you carefully feel out the enemy and one big mistake or great move from either side makes a significant difference, instead of a linear war of attrition where you're taking off 20 hp each time like clockwork or whatever. It should really hurt, on either end, to get a clean hit on an unprotected area.

The problem is the instances where the AI is bad at handling initial transition in/out of locked-in battle mode, so that you can run up and get that battle-winning hit for free (or do it with arrows I guess, the ability to kite and shoot being an unsolved problem in just about every open world RPG). Combine that with what I'm hearing of weapon damage scaling too high, and I think that's why sometimes the system works and you get this nice probing duel, but for other players, especially if you like to switch targets, run around, run away, etc. a lot, then the system breaks down and you end up getting deflating ridiculous victories.

Not sure how to solve the problem, honestly - you can see a similar problem in all Piranha Bytes games, where combat works far better 1v1 but it becomes so easy to purposefully or accidentally smash people in silly ways when you're dealing with irregular terrain, far distances and/or multiple combatants. Whether in the big Pribyslavitz [sic] fight in KCD, or mass battles in TW2/3, big battles end up with players just circling around on engaged enemies and smashing their face in from behind.
It's good they tried for a "realistic" combat system, which means that distance becomes paramount (with all the necessary implications related about weaving in and out of distance, feints, changes on the fly, etc. etc.). The problem is, while we as humans deal with all those things instinctively, AI has quite a bit of trouble with all of that if it has to compete on an equal footing (and rightly so, the fact that we do it instinctively does not mean that it's not really complex). And the possible solution of giving enemies some kind of flat advantages would futher lessen the "realism". I do agree that there is no easy solution here.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Fuck it, I bought it for PS4. Beat the shit out of Kunesh, too easy. Texture streaming and LOD is garbage.

Dexter

Arcane
I'm not sure I understand the complaints about the game being buggy.

First I thought all the reports are from the XBOX version that still doesn't have the second patch due to Microsoft being retarded with their certification but now Skallagrim's saying he's playing on PC and showing these shocking bugs too. I've never seen anything close to it. Really no idea what's up with that.

The bug he shows off at 2:30 actually happened to me & Kunesh during the Tutorial, wish I had gotten a video since it was a bit hilarious trying to fight him under the ground, I only got a few bad screenshots of how it looks down there instead though and after I let him beat me the game threw me into an Unending Black Screen: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ce-release-thread.120418/page-21#post-5488284

Then I discovered that SLI can actually scale negatively under given circumstances and provides bad Shadow Flickering and that the Ultra setting for "Lighting" is bugged and halves the FPS inside buildings and leads to strange strobe lighting effects and even worse Flickering:

So I can totally believe that the game is full of Bugs waiting to be discovered, even grave and game-breaking ones. I have encountered a few afterwards even though nothing as bad as that, but I found it kind of strange that this even happened during the Tutorial, which should be arguably the most well-tested part of the game and not a good Omen. So I totally get the buggy/glitchy complaints and don't think they're particularly far-fetched, just that some people probably get more lucky than others.

("buhurt" i.e. Battle of Nations)
That's not a very fortuitously chosen name.

Elex

Arbiter

Also I don't know if it's intended or a glitch, but some merchants stockpile shekels. Like my miller began with 1k, and last time I brought him some loot he had 8k.
more stuff sell to merchant richer they get.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The 4th or so wayfarer I encountered was a knight who had 10k equipment on himself, which I got after crouching in his face and pressing F.
God will punish you for such dishonesty to a noble knight :argh:
Well...I accepted his challenge for a wager and during the fight I hit his head and... "perk activated: head cracker".

I took that as a sign that God wanted me to loot all his stuff.

hivemind

can you actually beat runt at the end of the tutorial or are you railroaded into losing that fight in a cutscene?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So it is about bugs right now, not the popamole :lol: :bounce: :lol:

Bro, seriously, by this point you must be the only human being on this planet who thinks the game is popamole. One of the first quests is hunting tiny agile rabbits in the woods with a shaky bow for an hour. Real time. Even most Codexers downloaded the save and bow mods bc game2hardcore.

I know it's tough to admit one was catastrophically wrong but let it go, it'll set you free.

Nyast

Cipher
Whoever designed that monastery quest ( the one you enroll as a monk ) at WH should be immediately fired. It is cringe worthy. Heavy spoilers:

This quest assumes you're disguising as a novice monk to enter the monastery.. inside which you've done multiple quests already, and where every single person knows / recognizes you.

FFS, the monk that allows me entry to the monastery ( John IIRC ), is happily shouting "Hey it's Henry !" in the streets as I cross him, and 2 seconds later, I talk to him and he swallows that I'm the new novice Karl ? Wtf ?

.. talk about immersion killer.

Also, a warning: this quest seems like it could stretch hours and is highly incompatible with the saving system..

You lose all your inventory at the beginning, so no savior schnapps. Also, you have to follow a strict schedule, so you can't go to bed at any time you want. It's midnight here and I'd like to interrupt my game to go to sleep, but I can't because if I go to bed during the day (in game) I'll be punished. So I'm going to lose my progress on that quest so far, just because there's no saving mechanics. Wtf.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom