Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

DoomIhlVaria

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm not sure I understand the complaints about the game being buggy.

First I thought all the reports are from the XBOX version that still doesn't have the second patch due to Microsoft being retarded with their certification but now Skallagrim's saying he's playing on PC and showing these shocking bugs too. I've never seen anything close to it. Really no idea what's up with that.

Nearly all his bugs seem to be slow or no loads from disk. I suspect either his drive is failing or he's using a total potato spinning platter drive. Even consoles aren't loading NPC conversations that slow. On my machine, it takes 0-3 seconds.

Also, never trust anyone with long hair who uses the word "skalli" to describe himself.

Chrio

Novice
Nearly all his bugs seem to be slow or no loads from disk. I suspect either his drive is failing or he's using a total potato spinning platter drive. Even consoles aren't loading NPC conversations that slow. On my machine, it takes 0-3 seconds.

Havent had any long loading times whatever, poorfags just should buy an ssd, have 1.5 tb, havent used a normal hdd in ages because its trash compared to ssds.

KateMicucci

Arcane
So a game that actually praises the white european culture got quite successful. I hope they wont stray off the path in the upcoming sequel.

Incoming DLC with a playable woman is a bit worrying tho. :(
I don't understand why anybody would want this. Ciri sequences were the worst part of TW3. Would rather have some dlc that adds content for henry.

Elex

Arbiter
https://www.pcgamesn.com/kingdom-come-deliverance/kingdom-come-deliverance-the-good-thief
One of the first quests you get after finishing up the game’s opening moments involves stealing a ring. At first you are asked to dig up a dead body and take the ring - but when I do so the ring has already been taken. Now I must steal the keepsake from the thief, breaking into his house and gaining access to his locked trunk. Easy, right? I have spent dozens of hours thieving it up in Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim so this should be a breeze. Just sneak in at night time, pick the lock, and be on my merry way. If only it were so simple.
Despite everything games have taught me up until this point, it turns out that committing senseless murder isn’t always the best solution to your problems.
apparently people are slowly getting what is the point of KCD.

Just ask the executioner for the ring, even my non leveled base charisma / speech dumbfuck henry managed to pass that check.
that happen because they don’t listen to blacksmith dad and instead they go on and play like another random game.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

First I thought all the reports are from the XBOX version that still doesn't have the second patch due to Microsoft being retarded with their certification but now Skallagrim's saying he's playing on PC and showing these shocking bugs too. I've never seen anything close to it. Really no idea what's up with that.

Also, never trust anyone with long hair who uses the word "skalli" to describe himself.

Look into his eyes, there's nothing but "micropenis" written all over them. I know this guy from some videos he made on swords and airguns btw, he is an annoying bitch and poser who always makes videos that run for a full 20 minutes about something that could be said within 2, and then even complains that the game is wasting his time LOL. If the loading times annoy you then simply buy a Samsung 960 NVME M.2, bitch.

Chrio

Novice

Look into his eyes, there's nothing but "micropenis" written all over them. I know this guy from some videos he made on swords and airguns btw, he is an annoying bitch and poser who always makes videos that run for a full 20 minutes about something that could be said within 2, and then even complains that the game I wasting his time LOL. If the loading times annoy you then simply buy a Samsung 960 NVME M.2, bitch.

With this face he shouldnt use a facecam in his vids.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Skall might be occasionally obnoxious just like every HEMA fagget except maybe Matt Easton who actually genuinely knows what he is speaking about, but he is not bad fellow and has some good content, especially weapon testing and unboxing. I did unsubscribe from him last year though, feeling he just lost his steam and was becoming repetitive. There is only so much one can rant about katanas and weapons from Skyrim being unrealistic. At least youtubers like Shad for example have some running series (like castle reviews). And because Skall joined the chorus about tournament contact sparring in full armor ("buhurt" i.e. Battle of Nations) on a more obnoxious side of HEMA community (unlike Easton, surprisingly).

You want to see a really obnoxious HEMA personality, look up Metatron.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't understand why anybody would want this. Ciri sequences were the worst part of TW3. Would rather have some dlc that adds content for henry.
But that wasn't because it was Ciri that was the player model. I'm curious how they will pull off a woman protagonist, given the more limited activities it would be realistic for her to partake in.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Was this Czech interview with the cinematic director posted?

http://vizualniefekty.cz/jak-jsme-tvorili-cutsceny-pro-kingdom-come-deliverance-1/

Basically - guy got hired after he cold emailed Warhorse about selling them some 3D assets from his previous project. (he used to work in VFX)
Since Vávra had so little time to do ALL THE THINGS, he gave up directing the cutscenes to Klekner. He mentions lack of time to iterate a lot, meaning he had to do everything right the first time.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
The objective to ask Ulrich to help in the quest about coin forgeries does not close after you cleared the camp yourself.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Has anyone tried this mod, and if so, what do you think? https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/83 Brozef?

agris , I saw your post where you are sharing your settings and system specs, and discovered they are from my own system's generation, so I tried to run with your settings. On trying that I discovered that the settings you mention are identical to mine, except object quality which I kept, I want as detailed faces as possible. My processor is faster (4970k), and my gpu slower I believe (gigabyte windforce gtx 780 factory OC). But my point is that when I turned all LoD sliders to the max, as you have done, this improved visual quality and performance at the same time, similar to how some people claim turning up things to ultra has improved performance.

My explanation would be that streaming better quality textures and objects is actually slower than loading bigger chunks at once into vram + ram. How would you explain it, I'm curious.

I think your explanation is plausible. Likely this results in few freezes, but when they do occur, they might be longer because there's more data being flushed and new data loaded in VRAM at a given instance. If a system can handle the disk and memory IO, and the streaming code is good enough, that might not result in any lag. For us though? We will likely have fewer, but maybe more severe lags.

cause how hard they made lockpicking.
g i t
u
t

Seriously, you people understand how combat works but can't pick a lock?

speak for yourself, i've been able to pick only one lock (i don't feel like breaking 20 lockpicks for each very easy) and in combat my best is reposte to death because 90% of the fights feel like the last combat of agent smith versus neo. combos get dodged, feints get parried, stabs both.

Right after getting saviour schnapps, I used my first one just before picking my first lock. This let me play with the system via reloads, and I got better at it. Much better. Dare I say this save system and initial lockpicking difficulty curve are... well balanced? I sure as hell appreciated having to give both thought.

As another user said, it's much more damaging to the pick to advance the golden ball past beyond the sweet spot than to let it lag behind. So go slow with the ball. The ball is also locked within the circumference of the locking mechanism, and it's terminal rotating point, so the absolute easiest locks to pick are where the gold ball is on the outer edge and near the lock's end. This provides two benefits. The first is that your cursor can't go beyond the cicumference, so by keeping it pressed against it, you don't have to worry about extending the radius of the ball beyond the sweet spot. Second, because the tangential speed of circular motion is related to the radial distance from the center, you don't have to be quite as precise with moving the ball, while rotating the lock, when the sweet spot is at the edge. You can be twitchier - more imprecise - and it translates to less relative distance away from the sweet spot, than when the sweet spot is near the center of the lock. Less distance = less damage to the pick.

Lastly, the sweet spot changes between interactions with the lock. So if you get a bad location (i.e. closer to the center of the lock), just hit escape and re-engage lockpicking.

I went from being very frustrated to kinda liking it. It helps that you level up quickly, where it gets much easier even at 3 lockpicking. To be fair, my mouse has dedicated buttons to reduce the sensitivity which really helps during picking, but I think that's a common feature of mice?

Last edited:

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Last edited:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
no mention of fixing the buggy ass "house of God" side quest?
also there was a quest I was hyped about before release and that was being a monk but the monastery seems bugged to hell so I am scared to start based on my experiences with the house of God quest

:despair:

I'm not sure I understand the complaints about the game being buggy. Maybe I've just been lucky, but the only weirdness I've seen so far is the "Game Saved" message staying on the screen permanently and one time when I Fast Traveled I ended up in some weird black void. And this compares favorably to Bethesda games, which basically all still crash regularly after years of official and fan patches.

I can understand the complaints about performance. I suspect that the game is pretty CPU heavy and my i5-3570k is probably bottlenecking me, especially post-Meltdown. Running at 2560x1600 on a GTX 1080 I need to set the graphics quality to just "High" for a consistently smooth experience (30+ FPS everywhere, though spending most of the time at 50+). Very High was mostly smooth with occasional slowdowns. Ultra High was smooth half the time and jittery the other half. The game still looks great though. And I've probably been spoiled by six years of running everything I own at max settings with a new video card purchase every once in a while.
I have the exact same processor as you do (running at 4.2ghz) and a 1070 running at 2560x1440 and have similar performance, however after getting to the later villages I was seeing more significant frame drops, so I capped my fps at 30 (perfect frame pacing with RTSS) and haven`t looked back. I prefer a solid 30 to 30-45ish. I get 60fps outdoors with no actors around but that`s not representative of the game - in fact, it surprised me how much time I want to spend in towns.

Drax

Arcane
kcd-geoviktw.png
Argentina 0.43
:lol::lol::lol:

Am I the only argie to have bought this game?

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Combat unfortunately becomes hilariously easy after you get a good weapon and armor. I can reliably take of groups of 5 banditos (the later game strong ones with plate armor and big axes) without cheesing with the bow or anything. And I'm not even very good at the combat - I rarely get perfect blocks, ripostes, or combos. But since everything dies in 2 hits I can just run around feinting, stabbing, and wrecking scrubs all day. It doesn't even seem to have much to do with my sword skill level because it was getting too easy so I switched to mace and it's the same thing.

The combat had a short sweet spot right after first training with Bernard where you knew enough to win fights with inferior equipment. Where doing combos was important (and possible - late game enemies block so much it's really hard to get a combo off), and you needed to block or else take lots of damage. Once I stole Hans' sword though I became an unstoppable juggernaut and forgot how to do all the cool stuff with the combat because now it's unnecessary. I still do feints, but honestly those are only important for harder enemies (like Ulrich), otherwise you can just right click spam and kill dudes.

It seems like high-level weapons simply do too much damage in the hands of the player (and maybe too little in the hands of the enemies), while strong enemies simultaneously are too good at blocking. I think the combat system could be great if it emphasized the important of combos, blocks, and ripostes more by not letting you kill people so easily without them but also maybe making them harder to block. As it is now though, once you get the equipment, running around and right-clicking/occasionally feinting seems to be the optimal strategy but it isn't particularly fun. And I have no idea how so many people had so much trouble with Jason Statham and Ze German unless they had shit gear: I bopped Runt on his stupid unprotected head 2 seconds into the fight to kill him, and Ulrich I just feinted a few times for massive damage.

Otherwise I'm still having a blast, though I have started to notice a lot more bugs. I ran into the House of God bug that results in infinite loading screens - had to reload about 3 saves back to get it working (Jenkem I didn't notice anything nearly as bad in the actual monk quest). Also if I talk to the Charlatan after stealing the shroud he goes into his greeting animation but never says anything, which prevents me from saying anything or leaving the conversation. Those were the only gamebreakers, though I've found a few other minor things.

Also, I changed my mind about lockpicking. It's pretty much fine - you should suck ass at it at level 1, but it's not that bad once you get to 3. Also, if I turn down sensitivity when picking locks it's way easier. I guess it still might be really hard on a controller though.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Misery for KCD, naow.

Come on you slav faggots. Stop idling around squatting in some decayed urban corner and make yourselves useful.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Combat unfortunately becomes hilariously easy after you get a good weapon and armor. I can reliably take of groups of 5 banditos (the later game strong ones with plate armor and big axes) without cheesing with the bow or anything. And I'm not even very good at the combat - I rarely get perfect blocks, ripostes, or combos. But since everything dies in 2 hits I can just run around feinting, stabbing, and wrecking scrubs all day. It doesn't even seem to have much to do with my sword skill level because it was getting too easy so I switched to mace and it's the same thing.

The combat had a short sweet spot right after first training with Bernard where you knew enough to win fights with inferior equipment. Where doing combos was important (and possible - late game enemies block so much it's really hard to get a combo off), and you needed to block or else take lots of damage. Once I stole Hans' sword though I became an unstoppable juggernaut and forgot how to do all the cool stuff with the combat because now it's unnecessary. I still do feints, but honestly those are only important for harder enemies (like Ulrich), otherwise you can just right click spam and kill dudes.

It seems like high-level weapons simply do too much damage in the hands of the player (and maybe too little in the hands of the enemies), while strong enemies simultaneously are too good at blocking. I think the combat system could be great if it emphasized the important of combos, blocks, and ripostes more by not letting you kill people so easily without them but also maybe making them harder to block. As it is now though, once you get the equipment, running around and right-clicking/occasionally feinting seems to be the optimal strategy but it isn't particularly fun. And I have no idea how so many people had so much trouble with Jason Statham and Ze German unless they had shit gear: I bopped Runt on his stupid unprotected head 2 seconds into the fight to kill him, and Ulrich I just feinted a few times for massive damage.

Otherwise I'm still having a blast, though I have started to notice a lot more bugs. I ran into the House of God bug that results in infinite loading screens - had to reload about 3 saves back to get it working (Jenkem I didn't notice anything nearly as bad in the actual monk quest). Also if I talk to the Charlatan after stealing the shroud he goes into his greeting animation but never says anything, which prevents me from saying anything or leaving the conversation. Those were the only gamebreakers, though I've found a few other minor things.

Also, I changed my mind about lockpicking. It's pretty much fine - you should suck ass at it at level 1, but it's not that bad once you get to 3. Also, if I turn down sensitivity when picking locks it's way easier. I guess it still might be really hard on a controller though.

Not even Oblivion or Skyrim had such a short lived difficulty, but at least it doesn't have niggers, must be goty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom