Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I couldn't give less than a shit about the "experience" of being raped or the experience of being a wombyn and i consider this DLC to be decline.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
If they stay true to their lore and codex entries, women can't do much on their own anyway, especially not traveling about on their own.

imweasel

KCD is one of the buggiest games I have played in a long time. It has numerous game breaking bugs and annoying shit, e.g. I rode into a creek, then my horse just toppled over and fell into a coma. He wasn't dead, but I couldn't revive or use him anymore after that. I had to reload.

The save system and bugs will fuck you over real hard until you learn how to brew saviour schnapps. You can brew that shit by the gallon, so you can essentially save as much as you want even without the mod.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i am always kinda optimistic about the game, but this is literally just cumming all over the place. even with mixed media reception.

i dunno, an anomaly or this is the changing of trends in consumer's preference in videogames? even reception in social media/official media before release was lukewarm at best, skeptic at worst.

Nyast

Cipher
I'd like to point out, now that I'm reaching the last parts of the game ( or so I believe ), that the amount of bugs seems to increase the further you are in the story. I'm now seeing a lot of script / quest bugs, events happening in the incorrect order, or even dialog options that are assuming an earlier version of a quest that I've already completed.

So yeah, there are lot of bugs but it isn't immediately noticeable until you reach out the second half of the game. The first half ( Rattay, murder investigation, Godwin priest, etc.. ) is actually pretty decent. The later parts.. not as much.

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
Was fast traveling and doing some shit for a dirty peasant when i got a encounter with a wayfaring knight who challeneged me to a duel (not the faggy soyboy knight a real one)

I said i dont kill niggas for free and so he said he would give me a piece of armor if I won.

I kicked his ass (he fought well) and he gave me a dyed milanese brigandine which was worth 5k in the armorsmith shop in Rattay.

Then I smacked him in the head and took the rest of his shit as well.

10/10 great game

GOTYAY. But "seriously", teaches him the lesson. He would have killed someone with that attitude.

jungl

Augur
Found 3k worth of noble gear in a easy chest. Sad some people will never see it cause how hard they made lockpicking.

Dzupakazul

Arbiter
If they stay true to their lore and codex entries, women can't do much on their own anyway, especially not traveling about on their own.
I mean, you could very well be the sole heir to your father's business or a widow to a blacksmith inheriting his business. I can recall at least a few characters like this from books dating back to the 19th century.

Game already makes some concessions in not allowing you to die of an infected wound within weeks of battle while covered in typical shit and mud layers that adventurers bathe themselves in, and it makes some more concessions to tell a "hero's journey" story; it also tells a story that starts small in scope, with your character comprising a part of a bigger militia (and it's not unheard of for women to need to defend their property or hunt if need be). I think Vavra's team has enough imagination to make it a compelling storyline to play out. Dressing up as a man and taking other such precautions could be a fun, immersive, roleplaying challenge as well.

Inziladun

Magister
Anyone else having persistent quest items in their inventory? Looks like i'm stuck with the Bloody Hoof Pick, Bloody Rock and The Bowl From the Cave for the rest of my days. Slightly annoying.

Shadenuat

Arcane
qr0itZX.jpg

See game, you can do it. No need for dumb prompts with quest compass. Should have done more quests like that.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
qr0itZX.jpg

See game, you can do it. No need for dumb prompts with quest compass. Should have done more quests like that.

I 100% agree with you. This game's biggest plus for me is the immersive qualities.

That said, with how buggy the game is, I'd probably assume the quest was broken without a quest log. I think a year from now, a mod that disables the compass / map markers completely would be a great addition.

Right now.. I need the constant reminder that the game hasn't fucked up on me.

nooo Vavra, you never apologize to these people, now there is blood in the water.

He should be apologizing for the buggy fucking game.. ;)
No. He shouldn't. Its an awesome game with certain imperfections for sure, but its still miles better than the kind of trash being released these days in the name of RPG. A first attempt, and what a brilliant one at that. Kudos to Warhorse and their entire team for the amount of hard work and dedication they have shown for providing the best, and the most authentic RPG experience. There's still a lot of time for them to fix the issues. No need to rush over anything. Its silly to ask them to apologise for problems they have already acknowledged and are working towards fixing them and/ or adding certain changes.

You know what's ruining the gaming industry more than Pop-A-Mole developers? Fanboys.

When developers can do no wrong, and you stop looking at their games objectively - your opinion is no longer useful in any way. You are a PR drone who works for free, worthless in every way.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
After putting a lot of hours in it this weekend, Im of the mind to claim that the combat in this game is in no way an improvement in quality to melee and ranged combat in Skyrim...

It's just so fucking broken, exploitable and the AI is completely retarded.

The ranged combat especially is responsible for taking way any and all challenge to non scripted encounters.

I would of been happy with Mount & Blade style combat, with maybe some Parry / Dodge timed mechanics.

This current system has a bunch of shit that doesn't matter at all. Even the AI doesn't know how to use the combat system. :lol:

Elex

Arbiter
https://www.pcgamesn.com/kingdom-come-deliverance/kingdom-come-deliverance-the-good-thief
One of the first quests you get after finishing up the game’s opening moments involves stealing a ring. At first you are asked to dig up a dead body and take the ring - but when I do so the ring has already been taken. Now I must steal the keepsake from the thief, breaking into his house and gaining access to his locked trunk. Easy, right? I have spent dozens of hours thieving it up in Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim so this should be a breeze. Just sneak in at night time, pick the lock, and be on my merry way. If only it were so simple.
Despite everything games have taught me up until this point, it turns out that committing senseless murder isn’t always the best solution to your problems.
apparently people are slowly getting what is the point of KCD.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Would be nice if we could alchemy some soap and wash our clothes. That's not in the game, right?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
https://www.pcgamesn.com/kingdom-come-deliverance/kingdom-come-deliverance-the-good-thief
One of the first quests you get after finishing up the game’s opening moments involves stealing a ring. At first you are asked to dig up a dead body and take the ring - but when I do so the ring has already been taken. Now I must steal the keepsake from the thief, breaking into his house and gaining access to his locked trunk. Easy, right? I have spent dozens of hours thieving it up in Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim so this should be a breeze. Just sneak in at night time, pick the lock, and be on my merry way. If only it were so simple.
Despite everything games have taught me up until this point, it turns out that committing senseless murder isn’t always the best solution to your problems.
apparently people are slowly getting what is the point of KCD.

Just ask the executioner for the ring, even my non leveled base charisma / speech dumbfuck henry managed to pass that check.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm not sure I understand the complaints about the game being buggy.

First I thought all the reports are from the XBOX version that still doesn't have the second patch due to Microsoft being retarded with their certification but now Skallagrim's saying he's playing on PC and showing these shocking bugs too. I've never seen anything close to it. Really no idea what's up with that.

cause how hard they made lockpicking.
g i t
u
t

Seriously, you people understand how combat works but can't pick a lock?

speak for yourself, i've been able to pick only one lock (i don't feel like breaking 20 lockpicks for each very easy) and in combat my best is reposte to death because 90% of the fights feel like the last combat of agent smith versus neo. combos get dodged, feints get parried, stabs both.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
After putting a lot of hours in it this weekend, Im of the mind to claim that the combat in this game is in no way an improvement in quality to melee and ranged combat in Skyrim...

It's just so fucking broken, exploitable and the AI is completely retarded.

The ranged combat especially is responsible for taking way any and all challenge to non scripted encounters.

I would of been happy with Mount & Blade style combat, with maybe some Parry / Dodge timed mechanics.

This current system has a bunch of shit that doesn't matter at all. Even the AI doesn't know how to use the combat system. :lol:
The combat is overcomplicated where it should be simple and too simple where it should be complicated. There's nothing in the game to break a block and disrupt the enemy for an opening like a kick or shieldbash, and the perfect parry/riposte/counterattack system just means you should never take the first strike and just turtle instead, all the time.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

First I thought all the reports are from the XBOX version that still doesn't have the second patch due to Microsoft being retarded with their certification but now Skallagrim's saying he's playing on PC and showing these shocking bugs too. I've never seen anything close to it. Really no idea what's up with that.

Amazing, this is a youtuber who is actually well spoken and sounds like he knows what he is talking about!

I haven't had any of his performance problems though. I don't know what his system is but I gain more and more respect for my 5 years old CPU and GPU.

DoomIhlVaria

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here I'm very into cock and ball torture

Nearly all his bugs seem to be slow or no loads from disk. I suspect either his drive is failing or he's using a total potato spinning platter drive. Even consoles aren't loading NPC conversations that slow. On my machine, it takes 0-3 seconds.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm not sure I understand the complaints about the game being buggy. Maybe I've just been lucky, but the only weirdness I've seen so far is the "Game Saved" message staying on the screen permanently and one time when I Fast Traveled I ended up in some weird black void. And this compares favorably to Bethesda games, which basically all still crash regularly after years of official and fan patches.

I can understand the complaints about performance. I suspect that the game is pretty CPU heavy and my i5-3570k is probably bottlenecking me, especially post-Meltdown. Running at 2560x1600 on a GTX 1080 I need to set the graphics quality to just "High" for a consistently smooth experience (30+ FPS everywhere, though spending most of the time at 50+). Very High was mostly smooth with occasional slowdowns. Ultra High was smooth half the time and jittery the other half. The game still looks great though. And I've probably been spoiled by six years of running everything I own at max settings with a new video card purchase every once in a while.

I'm in the same boat.

I've had a few little niggly things that were far from game-breaking (actors spawned on top of each other, PC "popping up" above alchemical table, questionable AI, etc).

If you can show me a huge open world game without some hiccups then I'd really like to see it.

The same for me. In 40 hrs the worst thing that happened was some clipping errors and sometimes I have to click multiple times to transfer stuff to my horse.
The only annoying part is the console centric control scheme.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom