Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
So what's this about? I only understand Vavrra...something something...naazi ideologie something something.

Two 30 year old virgins talking for almost an hour about a computer game they don't like, while some guy called Cemal fucks the girl that flirted with them in Kindergarten.

Burning Bridges

Those guys are talking shit.

They should have given me the job of those pricks. I would have said that Daniel Vavra is a stupid asshole, he took my money and that the game is dumbed down popamole, games for millenials in general suck and this whole industry should go fuck themselves :lol: I would then show how I uninstall KCD, switch to one of the few flight simulation and E/A games that I still play and that are not lame non game entertainment without gameplay.

Nael

Arcane
So what's this about? I only understand Vavrra...something something...naazi ideologie something something.

Two 30 year old virgins talking for almost an hour about a computer game they don't like, while some guy called Cemal fucks the girl that flirted with them in Kindergarten.

Or "A bear and his twink discuss why they don't like this game, trying to appear objective while sporting a Fallout 4 poster in the background."

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Can it beat DOS2's 93k peak? :takemyjewgold:
iud3FAt.png
Not following the thread, really, so it might've already been mentioned, but:

n1nPB99.png

http://steamcharts.com/app/379430
This is no longer a mystery. Going by Steam alone (which might be a big mistake, but is still indicative of general reception & popularity imo) Kingdom Come: Deliverance is absolutely shitting all over all available SocJus garbage.

Especially considering it's lukewarm reception by (((journos))), this is absolutely hilarious and marks Vavrá as the principle madman of the year (so far). Fucking stunning that something like this, that actively tries to be relatively hardcore, blows up like this.

Are we seeing a paradigm shift towards less shit stuff?

Subnautica, a SJW game, is objectively a more impressive looking and fun game than Kingdom Jank: Oblivion. You can easily say that the time you spend in Subnautica is of better quality, and the game is cheaper too, different game genres aside. The only reason this game got so many sales is because it's the only one of its genre. Allow me to repeat myself: Bannerlord will shit down this game's neck once it comes out (if it comes out), fantasy history be damned.
You can argue "objectivity" all you want, faglord, it doesn't change the fact that Kingdom Come: Deliverance pisses all over Subnautica in a bout of shitlord glory.

As for differing genres, well, no shit? It's a completely different genre with completely different appeals - this is completely beside the point.

My point was that for a very long time, we've been seeing the popularization of less and less mechanically meaningful games in an attempt towards mass appeal, and there are hundreds of thousands of people that's never actually even played anything more advanced or complex than Skyrim. While things like Kingdom Come: Deliverance or Divinity: Original Sin 2 might not pass ass undying instant classics by any measure, I think it's interesting to see that they are, for the vast majority of people new to the genres or these type of games, a marked increase i complexity compared to most things they've ever played.

It tells us that in the current market, increased "hardcoreness" or complexity is by no means necessarily a malus, and that a lot of people who likely have no experience with things more complicated than Popamole #43 are interested in more complex things. But for many of them, there's literally not been anything high-profile for almost the entirety of their lives. Am I being overly optimistic? Probably, but I still think it's interesting, seeing these games succeed.

Elex

Arbiter
Not following the thread, really, so it might've already been mentioned, but:

n1nPB99.png

http://steamcharts.com/app/379430
This is no longer a mystery. Going by Steam alone (which might be a big mistake, but is still indicative of general reception & popularity imo) Kingdom Come: Deliverance is absolutely shitting all over all available SocJus garbage.

Especially considering it's lukewarm reception by (((journos))), this is absolutely hilarious and marks Vavrá as the principle madman of the year (so far). Fucking stunning that something like this, that actively tries to be relatively hardcore, blows up like this.

Are we seeing a paradigm shift towards less shit stuff?
don’t know about sjgames, but about other rpg, and “niche” rpg, it’s clearly the most succesful.

probally also in the kicstarted released game category.

Last edited:

Luzur

Good Sir

I posted that for ya on their video, translated into german even.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't think it praises, rather that it presents a place at a given point of time, with little political commentary. Then everyone is allowed to draw their own conclusions.

thr

Novice
Incoming DLC with a playable woman is a bit worrying tho. :(

This was promised during Kickstarter campaign, way before all the "feminism in gaming" bullshit started. You will just play part of the story as Theresa (the part where she is getting raped).

hivemind

>boss "fight" video
>53 seconds of gameplay
>7 minutes of cutscenes including a combat finisher cutscene

rly makes me think

DoomIhlVaria

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm not sure I understand the complaints about the game being buggy. Maybe I've just been lucky, but the only weirdness I've seen so far is the "Game Saved" message staying on the screen permanently and one time when I Fast Traveled I ended up in some weird black void. And this compares favorably to Bethesda games, which basically all still crash regularly after years of official and fan patches.

I can understand the complaints about performance. I suspect that the game is pretty CPU heavy and my i5-3570k is probably bottlenecking me, especially post-Meltdown. Running at 2560x1600 on a GTX 1080 I need to set the graphics quality to just "High" for a consistently smooth experience (30+ FPS everywhere, though spending most of the time at 50+). Very High was mostly smooth with occasional slowdowns. Ultra High was smooth half the time and jittery the other half. The game still looks great though. And I've probably been spoiled by six years of running everything I own at max settings with a new video card purchase every once in a while.

Kaivokz

Arcane
I'm really impressed with the way their investigations feel while you're handling the whole bandit business.

For instance, when you're looking for Reeky, villagers will point you toward his father. You can talk to him to find out that his son has been poaching and selling to the innkeeper, and then the innkeeper can (if you're persuasive enough, I think) let you know that his poaching hideout was probably in some sort of cave or mine. Then you can head off and search all the known mines in the vicinity. But, if you talk to the bailiff (and maybe other people, too) he tells you that Reeky frequently visits a specific wench down at the bath house. She lets you know that he returned to town acting nervous and said that he buried a large sum of money on his pa's land (you can go dig it up)--and she can tell you that when he returned from poaching trips, he would always bring her fresh firewood, so his route probably took him through the local woodcutter's camp. You can then go ask the woodcutters about it. However, if you don't know that Reeky is a poacher and has a hideout somewhere in the vicinity, when you talk to the bath house wench, you don't know to ask about it and so lose out on a lead that could cut your search time in half. (Unless you go back to her.)

It's executed very well.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I finally run into my first quest bug sadly - in Robin Hood quest. Sadly I probably would have to arrest the guy. Oh well. Guess I'm playing a bad sheriff in this fairy tale.

Nael

Arcane
I'm not sure I understand the complaints about the game being buggy. Maybe I've just been lucky, but the only weirdness I've seen so far is the "Game Saved" message staying on the screen permanently and one time when I Fast Traveled I ended up in some weird black void. And this compares favorably to Bethesda games, which basically all still crash regularly after years of official and fan patches.

I can understand the complaints about performance. I suspect that the game is pretty CPU heavy and my i5-3570k is probably bottlenecking me, especially post-Meltdown. Running at 2560x1600 on a GTX 1080 I need to set the graphics quality to just "High" for a consistently smooth experience (30+ FPS everywhere, though spending most of the time at 50+). Very High was mostly smooth with occasional slowdowns. Ultra High was smooth half the time and jittery the other half. The game still looks great though. And I've probably been spoiled by six years of running everything I own at max settings with a new video card purchase every once in a while.

I'm in the same boat.

I've had a few little niggly things that were far from game-breaking (actors spawned on top of each other, PC "popping up" above alchemical table, questionable AI, etc).

If you can show me a huge open world game without some hiccups then I'd really like to see it.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

I'm in the same boat.

I've had a few little niggly things that were far from game-breaking (actors spawned on top of each other, PC "popping up" above alchemical table, questionable AI, etc).

If you can show me a huge open world game without some hiccups then I'd really like to see it.

And complaints about the balance, although they have work to do with the balance and perks, show me one open world rpg which is balanced.

Talking about AI exploits, you can waltz through vast majority of Fallout New Vegas with scoped and silenced rifle, making the combat pretty much pointless.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I think, aside from the virtually non-existing lip-sync in the German dub, it's not more buggy than a Bethesda game at launch.

Burning Bridges

This was promised during Kickstarter campaign, way before all the "feminism in gaming" bullshit started. You will just play part of the story as Theresa (the part where she is getting raped).

That's actually great, as male gamers will identify much more with rape victims if they have shared the experience themselves. Now if there was a way to force every player to play through this DLC and write a short essay about it ... In any event I just hope they make it realistic, with as much shit, blood and screaming as possible.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Was fast traveling and doing some shit for a dirty peasant when i got a encounter with a wayfaring knight who challeneged me to a duel (not the faggy soyboy knight a real one)

I said i dont kill niggas for free and so he said he would give me a piece of armor if I won.

I kicked his ass (he fought well) and he gave me a dyed milanese brigandine which was worth 5k in the armorsmith shop in Rattay.

Then I smacked him in the head and took the rest of his shit as well.

10/10 great game

Elex

Arbiter

That's actually great, as male gamers will identify much more with rape victims if they have shared the experience themselves. Now if there was a way to force every player to play through this DLC and write a short essay about it ... In any event I just hope they make it realistic, with as much shit, blood and screaming as possible.
but she is not getting raped, at least not when you saved her, and if you don’t save her she tell that escaped.

Henry experience is pretty tragic, with nightmares etc etc.. but theresa have a tragic experience too, she was on suicide watch before finding henry half dead.

so i suppose is more about war and being alone as a female in the 1403.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom