Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I really hate how some quest are hidden in a way,you just have to talk to the right npc to start it. For example bailiff in the first city give you a water carrier quest but there is no way to know this and the bailiff is pretty hidden. Another one is a named guard at the monastery.

Now just imagine how many quests you've missed IRL.
I really hate how some quest are hidden in a way,you just have to talk to the right npc to start it. For example bailiff in the first city give you a water carrier quest but there is no way to know this and the bailiff is pretty hidden. Another one is a named guard at the monastery.
I kinda like that. I just spoke to Divish randomly and he gave me a quest. It feels more organic than scouring the map for quest icons.
Come on guys,i am not a nu wave soyboy. I do like some quest hunting and no compass,but this game do make you believe that the quest are market and there is no such quest hunting. Eater go with no shiny quest giver icons or go with all the quests are marked. This feels like a half-assed job.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
why arent there any gypsies in the game

for real tho

Because they arrived later.

I think it's exactly around this time that they were going through Europe. (by 1420 they were in France and Italy)

(*sigh* why am I posting this on the Codex? Ah well..)

Hermann Korner, a German ex-mercenary captain and monk wrote in 1417 in his "Chronica Novella":

"They are of unpleasant appearance, dark like Tartars. They travel in wagons and camp in the fields on the outskirts, because they practice thievery and worry they would get attacked in town."

I mean...I can kind of see why they wouldn't want this kind of landmine in the game. (and of course, there probably aren't any written records of gypsies being around Rattay at this time, so...) Unlike the Cumans who are invading the region, you'd just have these guys as the object of local xenophobia.

Reading further into this, it's probably no accident Korner mentions Tartars, there are multiple mentions of rumors that gypsies were Tartar/Turk/Cuman spies.
(yeah, arriving during these "interesting times" was probably not great for them.)

Last edited:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
As I have 55" plasma telly, I played KCD through it with the joypad, playing game like this is fucking annoying playing on controller. Especially shooting the bow is so much worse than keyboard + mouse combo, didn't try melee yet though, but that could work better. The game looks fantastic on the big screen though, so have to figure out something so I can set up my keyboard and mouse directly facing the telly as turning half the body toward the tv is very annoying.

Someone in here said that they'd like the game to be in third person...in my experience I've always preferred to play on first person, as I find controlling the game from third person perspective very cumbersome.

thr

Novice

for real tho

I think it's exactly around this time that they were going through Europe. (by 1420 they were in France and Italy)

WH have said they researched it extensively and came to the conclusion that they arrive a little bit later than the game takes place, although it was close.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer

for real tho

WH have said they researched it extensively and came to the conclusion that they arrive a little bit later than the game takes place, although it was close.

Ah, ok. See the edit of my post, it's probably like 10-15 years difference.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Any Krauts here? What is this prick saying? I think he was the one who posted a "Vavra is racist" video before the release.

He's saying "My Name is Niels, I'm 36 years old and never touched a woman."

No, that's what his eyes are saying...
His face is also tired.

I guess that's Jörg Luibl, their chief editor.
Pretty reasonable and coherent voice when it comes to CRPG reviews. I bet he praised a few turds too though. For example he was not among the few who withstood the Skyrim hype train.
He is very unforgiving about little immersion breakers like stupid guard AI that ignores dead bodies, NPCs that allow you to steal their stuff and general glitchy AI behavior. Other than that he just doesn't give a fuck and is absolutely capable of handing out a less than 60% score to a AAA release like DA:I.

Oh and he specifically mentions that discussion about minority quotas in the game, calls it stupid and beside the point. For him the point are the bugs and how they prevent him from enjoying a game he was very much looking forward to enjoy. He directly accuses Bohemia of being lazy fucks and doesn't believe that there is any excuse they could come up with that can explain shit like the broken bow shooting tournament.
I don't think Jörg gives a single fuck about politics btw.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Some people in the comments accuse him/the magazine of only taking a stand now because it's not a big budget Bethesda game, and that he wouldn't do that if it was.

That's good, people need to say this more to these "eeew bugs" retards like ACG or this prick. The same idiots were masturbating over Skyrim, Fallout or Witcher, jizzing 9/10s and 10/10s all over them. On PC Witcher 3 was glitchier than KCD and nobody made a big deal out of it because the marketing budget for this popamole action adventure was double of the development budget.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
more about that 4Players video review up there and since someone called him a SJW or some something itt:
He specifically mentions that discussion about minority quotas in the game, calls it stupid and beside the point. For him the point are the bugs and how they prevent him from enjoying a game he was very much looking forward to. He indirectly accuses Warhorse of being lazy fucks and doesn't believe that there is any excuse they could come up with that can explain shit like the broken bow shooting tournament.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'll take a look at it for you, but don't expect much. The modern German male rarely has anything interesting to say...

Edit:

Ok, he's not unreasonable, but I guess he can't tolerate jank and buggy games the way a lot of us have learned to over time.
Basically explains their scoring of the game. Says he actually likes the developer's goals and ideas etc but just can't handle the bugginess of these types of games anymore. He wants the devs to do better. Doesn't understand how they did not catch many of these bugs and such. I don't think he gets how wildly the amount of bugs experienced varies between players.
Apparently he got lots of crashes on ps4 pro (serves him right, pfft. Buy a cheap prostitute = you get bugs, moron) and lots of scripting bugs and whatnot. Better on PC.
He wants to really like it but can't because of these issues. Would like to mention and go into detail on the good stuff but he won't, wants to put his foot down basically.

Some people in the comments accuse him/the magazine of only taking a stand now because it's not a big budget Bethesda game, and that he wouldn't do that if it was.

I don't know enough about the guy (nothing, really) to be able to tell whether he's usually legit or not, and I can't be bothered to watch more German stuff tbh.
The combination of neo nazi hairstyle, unkempt beard and soyboy/hipster clothes is hilarious though. Can't take him seriously.
He "can't handle the bugginess"? Well, good luck then, go make your own open world game where NPCs behave believably all the time and within a large spread of possible activities and reactions to player actions. I'll wait.

It's really ugly watching how these sleazeballs switch from PR mode to "critical journalist with a keen eye and high standards", once he finds a victim that's safe to kick around, who won't cut tens of thousands (if not more) dollars' worth of marketing budget from his shitty site.

Not following the thread, really, so it might've already been mentioned, but:

n1nPB99.png

http://steamcharts.com/app/379430
This is no longer a mystery. Going by Steam alone (which might be a big mistake, but is still indicative of general reception & popularity imo) Kingdom Come: Deliverance is absolutely shitting all over all available SocJus garbage.

Especially considering it's lukewarm reception by (((journos))), this is absolutely hilarious and marks Vavrá as the principle madman of the year (so far). Fucking stunning that something like this, that actively tries to be relatively hardcore, blows up like this.

Are we seeing a paradigm shift towards less shit stuff?
I am on the verge of buying this on Steam right now, just to join the wave :) I admit I've been playing it pirated up to now, planning to wait until the GoG release. I'm definetly buying it though, I already have scores of hours in it. I did the same with Witcher 3 back in 2015.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Dragonul likes clicking buttons but can't give a single example to counter my point.

Good on you, retard.

Elex

Arbiter
Any Krauts here? What is this prick saying? I think he was the one who posted a "Vavra is racist" video before the release.

He's saying "My Name is Niels, I'm 36 years old and never touched a woman."

No, that's what his eyes are saying...
His face is also tired.

I guess that's Jörg Luibl, their chief editor.
Pretty reasonable and coherent voice when it comes to CRPG reviews. I bet he praised a few turds too though. For example he was not among the few who withstood the Skyrim hype train.
He is very unforgiving about little immersion breakers like stupid guard AI that ignores dead bodies, NPCs that allow you to steal their stuff and general glitchy AI behavior. Other than that he just doesn't give a fuck and is absolutely capable of handing out a less than 60% score to a AAA release like DA:I.

Oh and he specifically mentions that discussion about minority quotas in the game, calls it stupid and beside the point. For him the point are the bugs and how they prevent him from enjoying a game he was very much looking forward to enjoy. He directly accuses Bohemia of being lazy fucks and doesn't believe that there is any excuse they could come up with that can explain shit like the broken bow shooting tournament.

so basically the vote for kcd is rght because all game recive low scores?

This is the same fagg that gave Fallout 4 90 score :lol: it is all you have to know. 4players.de is a fucking joke.

ok so no it’s not fair apparently!!

STOP confusing me!!

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I'll take a look at it for you, but don't expect much. The modern German male rarely has anything interesting to say...

Edit:

Ok, he's not unreasonable, but I guess he can't tolerate jank and buggy games the way a lot of us have learned to over time.
Basically explains their scoring of the game. Says he actually likes the developer's goals and ideas etc but just can't handle the bugginess of these types of games anymore. He wants the devs to do better. Doesn't understand how they did not catch many of these bugs and such. I don't think he gets how wildly the amount of bugs experienced varies between players.
Apparently he got lots of crashes on ps4 pro (serves him right, pfft. Buy a cheap prostitute = you get bugs, moron) and lots of scripting bugs and whatnot. Better on PC.
He wants to really like it but can't because of these issues. Would like to mention and go into detail on the good stuff but he won't, wants to put his foot down basically.

I don't know enough about the guy (nothing, really) to be able to tell whether he's usually legit or not, and I can't be bothered to watch more German stuff tbh.
The combination of neo nazi hairstyle, unkempt beard and soyboy/hipster clothes is hilarious though. Can't take him seriously.
He "can't handle the bugginess"? Well, good luck then, go make your own open world game where NPCs behave believably all the time and within a large spread of possible activities and reactions to player actions. I'll wait.

Nice rebuttal dum-dum ''Oh you don't like this broken ass game'' go make your own then. What kind of dumb ass talking points are those? You are paying 50-60$ for a game that should be at least in a decent state, there are so manny issues with this one, from the amount of quests that get triggered earlier than they should or completely break along the way, to the terrible AI that glitches out and freezes in place and so many other problems and all you can say is, go make your own game?

I don't even know what to tell you anymore, you seem to be that stupid and ignorant that you let these people serve you a plate full of shit at full price.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Nice rebuttal dum-dum ''Oh you don't like this broken ass game'' go make your own then. What kind of dumb ass talking points are those? You are paying 50-60$ for a game that should be at least in a decent state, there are so manny issues with this one, from the amount of quests that get triggered earlier than they should or completely break along the way, to the terrible AI that glitches out and freezes in place and so many other problems and all you can say is, go make your own game?

I don't even know what to tell you anymore, you seem to be that stupid and ignorant that you let these people serve you a plate full of shit at full price.

Nice try, Jörg Luibl.

Seethe

Arbiter
Not following the thread, really, so it might've already been mentioned, but:

n1nPB99.png

http://steamcharts.com/app/379430
Can it beat DOS2's 93k peak? :takemyjewgold:
This is no longer a mystery. Going by Steam alone (which might be a big mistake, but is still indicative of general reception & popularity imo) Kingdom Come: Deliverance is absolutely shitting all over all available SocJus garbage.

Especially considering it's lukewarm reception by (((journos))), this is absolutely hilarious and marks Vavrá as the principle madman of the year (so far). Fucking stunning that something like this, that actively tries to be relatively hardcore, blows up like this.

Are we seeing a paradigm shift towards less shit stuff?

Subnautica, a SJW game, is objectively a more impressive looking and fun game than Kingdom Jank: Oblivion. You can easily say that the time you spend in Subnautica is of better quality, and the game is cheaper too, different game genres aside. The only reason this game got so many sales is because it's the only one of its genre. Allow me to repeat myself: Bannerlord will shit down this game's neck once it comes out (if it comes out), fantasy history be damned.

AwesomeButton

Patron

Dude, you either have a frightening level of functional illiteracy, OR you are switching my argument for your strawman. Let's see if you handle my point presented more simply, or you get lost again:

I have a higher tolerance for buggy open world games than I have for non-open world games.

I believe people in general should have a higher tolerance for bugs in open world games than they have for non-open world games.

thr

Novice
2OriQsE.png

It seems the game isn't doing great only on Steam. This is fucking nuts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom