Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dev Log #56: Experimental Branch with Version 1.0.3.13

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
How are the pistols now? More feasible than before? Itching for a playthrough, but last time I played, I played with crossbows and traps, but would be nice to have a game where pistols are actually feasible.

ciox

Liturgist
Depends on what pistols you're talking about, energy and chemical pistols have been seriously buffed but firearm pistols seem just as bad as before.
Firearm pistols aren't so bad that you can't finish Hard with them in a traps build but they're obviously dragging behind other weapons, I think mainly because of the excessively low minimum damage on the top pistol (.44 hammerer), and because your "Snipe" feat just kind of sucks, talking about Execute.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Pistols are fine - chemical one has tons of control, and sometimes fierce damage - like 1400 with fire (Rathound King), energy one has huge damage, good damage and ease of use.

Failed my will save and started a new Dominating Classic playthru.

Basically playing a stealth psion. started with 10 will/8 int/7 agi/6 dex. All levelup points in will. Maxing all 3 psionic/stealth skills, rest in crafting. Mandatory hack/lockpick cause muh loot. A bit in throwing and traps cause grenadeir feat and using poisoned caltrops/poisoned bear traps.

started with pack rat hound sure steps and enabled psi empath asap. then got psychosis, force user,premediation,psionic mania,grenadier,neural overclocking,locus of control till now. psionic glass cannon build, not that anything can facetank in dominating.

Having mixed feelings about psychosis/psionic mania vs tranquility/meditation. on one hand the guaranteed psi crit for some health is juicy as an openor from stealth (specially with neural overclocking), but the inc psi cost affects utility stuff like force wall and frighten too.

premidiation/tranquility/meditation allowed opening with 3xelectrokinesis which is beastly even without psionic mania on the other hand.

And poisoned caltrops/beartraps/molotov grenades and force wall with force user feat is just lol. Ohh lets not forget muh flashbangs and frag grenades. Payed thru the drill component quest and lv14 (very close to 15) before exploring any further with dynamites/unblocked rail platform.

The levelup speed is just :lol: on classic with dominating spawns.

Personally, I will just play the expansion on hard, as a lot of encounters require poisoned caltrop/beartrap cheese and requires a lot of backtracking to buy/sell/craft even with packrat fear for consumables.

Dominating is quite a bit tedious for me tbh but the xp whore I am leaves me in a dilemma.

Emily

Arcane
Classic xp right now seems like a cheat mode. Will there be some rebalancing of it in the future?

Emily

Arcane
Classic xp right now seems like a cheat mode. Will there be some rebalancing of it in the future?

You mean on DOMINATING, or on difficulties below it?
Been playing on hard and I always level up way past oddities,especially on non hacking non lockpicking builds.
And I heard on Dominating that it is even worse but since I play ironman I havent really considered playing on it.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Waiting on the expansion like:

Skeleton_Armchair_HDR_440957.jpg

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

Both.

The one thing I like about XP mode is that oddities dry out in certain areas despite my will to explore them. They're also unevenly placed.

Wish there was a change to reduce all XP gain by 30-40% (I was lvl 25 before Tchortists) after level 6-8. Also increase max uses per oddity like 3x and similarly lower XP after some level.

Been playing on hard and I always level up way past oddities,especially on non hacking non lockpicking builds.
And I heard on Dominating that it is even worse but since I play ironman I havent really considered playing on it.

It's not that bad. Certain enemies need Molotovs and early Chemistry for better grenades, some stalling tactics. I'm playing a character with 3 CON and it's fine, as a second playthrough. But currently SMG builds are sorta OP.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Styg, you beautiful madafaka.

I will buy the expansion rite now for 500 dorrars. I know its rdy! JUST DO IT! Send me the DL-link, I send you the moni :x

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Has there been a release date/quarter/year/something given yet?

Honestly, I'm kind of wishing they started on a whole new game at this point. I loved Underrail, but waiting years and years for an expansion is annoying as fuck. I'd much rather wait a few years longer for a whole new game. I'm not sure I'll live to play the next game at this rate, and I want the next game way more than an expansion.

Styg, seriously, put up some "buy the devs coffee" nothing DLC for underrail and make it an unlimited purchase so we can fucking fund your team to a size that can make games much faster. You have to realize that making an awesome game and then continuing to develop at a snails pace is torture for your fans. We will give you the money that will allow you to upshift from first gear to at least second or third gear.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Styg posted something on steam, which basically amounted to, "still working on it, 2-3 more devlogs to go and then release"

Which could be anywhere from 3 months to 3 years XD

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Just don't try finishing the game without like 200+ in Stealth. You'll run out of bullets and die, or just die. In DC there's no freedom of movement like on lower difficulties. Things respawn faster than they can be killed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom