Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

after playing for hours it's time for some closure.
the game sucks. everything is clunky, slow, henry takes hours to un/sheate a sword, i could piss farther than henry shoots arrows, perks are either mandatory or totally useless and above all too few to have any kind of choice, some skills even have more points than perks, there's a complex reputation system but too few people to interact with and almost no way to actually interact, even failout let give water to beggars, the food and sleep system is there only to scare and annoy newcomers, after the tutorial it becomes trivial, i still don't know why henry washes himself, it makes no noticeable difference, the lock-based combat is definitely not suited for big battles and the game could use less ironclad ninjapeasants dodging better than bruce lee, most of the quests are fedex or go there and kill, once you kill your first big animal you have so much meat you are instantly rich but henry is so weak he can't carry for shit, even if some models and animations are top notch 99% of the others are pure crap, the map is not as big as it seems but often is only extremely annoying to navigate (and absolutely impossible to do without gps. road signals motherfucker, do you know them?), same for dialogues, some are well written and orchestrated while others feel written by kids and recorded with barbie's first karaoke's microphone...
almost every system in this game seems made to annoy, irritate, waste time. but the game is fun, it somehow manages to be more, much more, incredibly more than the sum of its parts, and i wish it will have the biggest modding community ever, because as usual some random bloke will do a better job than paid professionals.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
My final verdict for the game: I like it but it doesn't really feel like I'm playing an RPG. It feels more like ... a medieval STALKER game? I mean the combat in the end is full on popamole which is probably the main reason behind my feelings

Like someone here on Codex said - the medieval Arma :)
medieval arma+mafia
So, pretty much like real-life middle ages :D

Elex

Arbiter
Don't want to spoil anything since I don't know how far into the game you are. But I'm pretty far into the main story (I think). I'm in Sasau. I do try to think out of the box, but you kinda have to do some questionable things.
Yeah, I'm not there yet, but I don't mind spoilers.
Tell me what's up and I'll try to get there myself and see if there are any options you've overlooked.
It would be a bit disappointing if the devs stopped offering varied quest solutions half-way through the game, considering that that is one of the game's strengths imo.

You have to infiltrate a monastery to find out a traitor bandit hiding there as a monk-newcomer. You are supposed to kill this man for the bandits to gain favor for them. When you figure out who he is you can escape with him alive and fake his death. But to get to that point you have to lie and steal from the monks. Thanks to the quest getting broken, I couldn't escape with the man and had to escape solo, get back and assassinate the former bandit with a bow. Now I'm being hunted in Sasau for murder. There is a lot of sneaking around, manipulate and steal in that mission. I have nothing per say against the mission, it reminds me of the Risen one in the temple, but it doesn't feel like the most chivalrous things to do. There seem to be a lot of quests in there as well that I couldn't be bothered with and after this mission and got thrown into another stealth mission part of the main story :)

As a extra note. You can not leave as a monk, you are supposed to spend your life in the monastery. So when I stole the keys it was kinda cool that the game let me get out of the monastery. But the problem here was that all my stuff that I had to leave behind in a coffer was now considered stolen. Sure, I understand it now belongs to the church. But it's funny later on when you try to repair it in Rattay the blacksmith gets all pissy over the stolen goods that he have repaired 10 times before.
i think the point of stealing and sneaking mission is give an option for not killing people.
so this way you can complete the main quest without killing people, and killing is a worse sin than stealing.

Parabalus

Arcane
The deer never seem to move even if I have shot them with arrows, they're all cozy with their grass eating.
Fighting the dude now and he attacks me plenty, it is a big challenge for me though since I'm usually terrible at this kind of actiony combat.
Don't really know what to say then. Even if I stand perfectly still he often just has a staring contest with me and can look at me for a good 5 to 10 seconds. If he attacks his combos are brutal and will take you out quick though.

This was somewhat fun for me. You one hit all the thrash in a camp then 1v1 their leader, who is the only one who can really hurt you.
Something that is retarded about the theft system is that the game has a "Stolen in: (place)" system. I assumed what this meant was that if I stole something in Rattay I could sell it in Uzhitz, but no, every trader knows every stolen item in the world apparently, even if it's looted off a corpse in the middle of the fucking forest.

I think if you get discovered selling stolen stuff you take a greater rep hit if it's from the same reagon.
a medieval STALKER game?

:incline::incline::incline:

The character building is really thin, since you end up having almost all perks in a skill, they should have doubled the potential perks so you have more tradeoffs.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
the game sucks. everything is clunky, slow, henry takes hours to un/sheate a sword, i could piss farther than henry shoots arrows, perks are either mandatory or totally useless and above all too few to have any kind of choice, some skills even have more points than perks, there's a complex reputation system but too few people to interact with and almost no way to actually interact, even failout let give water to beggars, the food and sleep system is there only to scare and annoy newcomers, after the tutorial it becomes trivial, i still don't know why henry washes himself, it makes no noticeable difference, the lock-based combat is definitely not suited for big battles and the game could use less ironclad ninjapeasants dodging better than bruce lee, most of the quests are fedex or go there and kill, once you kill your first big animal you have so much meat you are instantly rich but henry is so weak he can't carry for shit, even if some models and animations are top notch 99% of the others are pure crap, the map is not as big as it seems but often is only extremely annoying to navigate (and absolutely impossible to do without gps. road signals motherfucker, do you know them?), same for dialogues, some are well written and orchestrated while others feel written by kids and recorded with barbie's first karaoke's microphone...
almost every system in this game seems made to annoy, irritate, waste time. but the game is fun, it somehow manages to be more, much more, incredibly more than the sum of its parts, and i wish it will have the biggest modding community ever, because as usual some random bloke will do a better job than paid professionals.

Clothes being dirty affects your charisma score, which affects your dialogue skills.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The usual Codex cycle, or any gamer's cycle:
First few hours, everything is new, the player is unused to the mechanics - "Wow, this game is difficult", add "HUGE INCLINE" if the game has a reputation for C&C.
After a few days, the player has mastered the mechanics - "Banal, shit, boring", "Bugs everywhere", "No challenge", "You can abuse the AI"

:lol:

AwesomeButton

Patron
Clothes being dirty affects your charisma score, which affects your dialogue skills.
I think I've yet to fail a dialogue so far due to my clothes being dirty. I don't understand what part does charisma play and what part do my speech skills play in a persuasion attempt.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I think I've yet to fail a dialogue so far due to my clothes being dirty. I don't understand what part does charisma play and what part do my speech skills play in a persuasion attempt.

I had my dirty sneaky clothes on, I had very low charisma and in the dialogue I had one point in the royalty score. Reloaded it to test, put on my clean high charisma clothing, and I had 10 on the royalty score. Not sure if it affects persuasion too.

Cromwell

Arcane

?? Charisma is the red crown stat speech is the white stat? Dirty clothes means a lower charisma number, it doesnt affect speech meaning you can still talk like a pro conman even if youre dirty as fuck but usually your charisma will be higher since its technically easier to push via clothes and stuff while you have to grind for speech( or perk it)

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I recommend getting the speech perk that shows the ability scores of whomever you are trying to convince, its extremely useful in preventing failed persuasion attempts.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

That's what people consider fun nowadays, having a game full of time wasting activities that reflect real life, I mean how miserable can your life be that you enjoy doing the most mundane and time wasting crap and you still keep asking for more. These are the same retards that complain about Oblivion, Syrim but this game represents the same idiotic formula with it's only sthick being based on reality.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

?? Charisma is the red crown stat speech is the white stat? Dirty clothes means a lower charisma number, it doesnt affect speech meaning you can still talk like a pro conman even if youre dirty as fuck but usually your charisma will be higher since its technically easier to push via clothes and stuff while you have to grind for speech( or perk it)

I think the red crown speech stat (which I call royalty, can't remember the official name for it) is affected by your speech skill and the charisma, shows how "impressive" you look, you put on high-class clothes or shining clean and fixed armor etc people sees you as knight or higher class person.

I'm not sure what affects persuasion, other than speech-skill, but the intimidation is affected by the gear you wear, and maybe speech-skill.

Elex

Arbiter
The deer never seem to move even if I have shot them with arrows, they're all cozy with their grass eating.
Fighting the dude now and he attacks me plenty, it is a big challenge for me though since I'm usually terrible at this kind of actiony combat.
Don't really know what to say then. Even if I stand perfectly still he often just has a staring contest with me and can look at me for a good 5 to 10 seconds. If he attacks his combos are brutal and will take you out quick though.

I think there is some kind of confidence stat or something for hostile npc's, there is a perk that makes enemies attacking you either run away more often, or, if not running away, less fierce or so. You can look it up in-game, but I forgot which skill it is under... Warfare maybe?

Could be that your gear/skills or whatever does it (and maybe the perk if you picked it) made the guy more hesitant to strike at you?
i think is called intimidation?

stuff like blood on armor and weapons affect that.

AwesomeButton

Patron
You are right, I was mixing up charisma, thinking it's a base stat.

Intimidation is pretty cool. I was able intimidate a random asshole on the road from out of trying to pin the murder of a woman on me, which he had tried to rape. I remember someone earlier in the thread outraged that the guy had pinned the murder on him.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
You are right, I was mixing up charisma, thinking it's a base stat.

Intimidation is pretty cool. I was able intimidate a random asshole on the road from out of trying to pin the murder of a woman on me, which he had tried to rape. I remember someone earlier in the thread outraged that the guy had pinned the murder on him.

There are a lot of those random encounters, sometimes its a corpse, other times its an animal, sometimes you find someone trying to loot/poach, others there is no one around and they show up if you try to loot the corpse and accuse you of murder.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hunted some rabbits, etc. which resulted in "stolen" meat.
Innkeeper wouldn't buy it.
Went to the innkeeper's house, cooked the "stolen" meat, resulting in non-stolen cooked meat - which is more expensive.
Innkeeper is glad to buy it.

I have a feeling that this maybe should be fixed :lol:
I mean, if they apply magical stolen knowledge to storekeepers, it should at least be consistent.

What's up with stolen goods in general?
For the majority of stolen stuff, you just have to wait a day and it no longer counts as stolen, while some items have remained for many days and still kept the stolen status.
I just don't get it.

if it's raw meat, they know you poached it. commoners can't just kill wildlife in 1403. if it's cooked, who knows where you got it? you need to give the merchants some plausible deniability.
Sure, but I just went to his own house, cooked it and then offered it again.
It's quite weird, no matter how you look at it.
The bigger problem with it is how easy it is to get around the restriction. Which is why I would keep the stolen tag for meat that was cooked from stolen meat.
After all, if you steal meat that is already cooked, it also has the stolen tag.

Let's be honest, the stolen tag only rarely makes any sense.
There are some exceptions, like trying to sell a blacksmith a sword he made himself, or game (as you said, it was generally forbidden), or trying to sell a shield with the Talmberg coat of arms to someone in Talmberg.
But for the majority of things, there would be no way anyone could know it was stolen. Like a guard finding some sausage in your pockets and magically knows it was stolen.
The tag exists primarily for gameplay reasons, to add at least some difficulty to getting rich from stealing.
Therefore, I'd suggest improving the logic behind it to not make it even easier to sell stolen game by just cooking it. And to not let the stolen tags disappear so quickly.

Of course, there's always:
do you do the quest for teresa's uncle physzek? The millers in this game basically are "thieves guild" of this game. They buy all stolen items no biggie.
Yeah, I know that one.
But I don't really like it. Makes things far too easy IMO. There should at least be some significant downside to it (like getting FAR less dough from it).
The fence also always seems to have shitloads of money, which isn't really helping the "too easy" problem.

I must say, the longer I play, the more strange quirks like that I find. All of them fixable, of course, so I hope there'll be some kind of mod for all of them.

Last edited:

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Any Krauts here? What is this prick saying? I think he was the one who posted a "Vavra is racist" video before the release.

I'll take a look at it for you, but don't expect much. The modern German male rarely has anything interesting to say...

Edit:

Ok, he's not unreasonable, but I guess he can't tolerate jank and buggy games the way a lot of us have learned to over time.
Basically explains their scoring of the game. Says he actually likes the developer's goals and ideas etc but just can't handle the bugginess of these types of games anymore. He wants the devs to do better. Doesn't understand how they did not catch many of these bugs and such. I don't think he gets how wildly the amount of bugs experienced varies between players.
Apparently he got lots of crashes on ps4 pro (serves him right, pfft. Buy a cheap prostitute = you get bugs, moron) and lots of scripting bugs and whatnot. Better on PC.
He wants to really like it but can't because of these issues. Would like to mention and go into detail on the good stuff but he won't, wants to put his foot down basically.

Some people in the comments accuse him/the magazine of only taking a stand now because it's not a big budget Bethesda game, and that he wouldn't do that if it was.

I don't know enough about the guy (nothing, really) to be able to tell whether he's usually legit or not, and I can't be bothered to watch more German stuff tbh.
The combination of neo nazi hairstyle, unkempt beard and soyboy/hipster clothes is hilarious though. Can't take him seriously.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

and thus we are left with New Vegas and Morrowind as the only good open world RPGs.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Not following the thread, really, so it might've already been mentioned, but:

n1nPB99.png

http://steamcharts.com/app/379430
Can it beat DOS2's 93k peak? :takemyjewgold:
This is no longer a mystery. Going by Steam alone (which might be a big mistake, but is still indicative of general reception & popularity imo) Kingdom Come: Deliverance is absolutely shitting all over all available SocJus garbage.

Especially considering it's lukewarm reception by (((journos))), this is absolutely hilarious and marks Vavrá as the principle madman of the year (so far). Fucking stunning that something like this, that actively tries to be relatively hardcore, blows up like this.

Are we seeing a paradigm shift towards less shit stuff?

Last edited:

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Combat with really high level enemies is awfully tiring, especially ones with shields. High level enemies like Ulrich the Knight who is in a quest later on almost never attack you, rarely giving you a opening and if you attack first they just perfect block and riposte/counterattack which you can't block.

Yup. Once you clear the first 2 sets of camps (Bandits and Cumans) and unlock the third, the combat becomes a ridiculous slog. It takes eons to kill enemies because they have 100% parry/riposte accuracy on your attacks (and that's with 20 warfare and 20 mace), so you have to stand there and wait for them to swing at you and slowly wittle them down with ripostes. But the AI is incredibly passive at this point so this takes for. fucking. ever.
You can faint or try a clinge or a combo.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can you solely play as a thief in this game, just doing stealth and stealing from people? Or do you still have to engage in combat scenarios frequently due to the main quests and such?

You can usually kill anyone you need to kill via stealth, either by poisoning their food or by strangling them in their sleep/cutting their throat from hiding. AFAIK there are only one or two mandatory fights in the game.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Any Krauts here? What is this prick saying? I think he was the one who posted a "Vavra is racist" video before the release.

I'll take a look at it for you, but don't expect much. The modern German male rarely has anything interesting to say...

Edit:

Ok, he's not unreasonable, but I guess he can't tolerate jank and buggy games the way a lot of us have learned to over time.
Basically explains their scoring of the game. Says he actually likes the developer's goals and ideas etc but just can't handle the bugginess of these types of games anymore. Apparently he got lots of crashes on ps4 pro and lots of scripting bugs and whatnot. Better on PC.
He wants to really like it but can't because of these issues. Would like to mention and go into detail on the good stuff but he won't, wants to put his foot down basically.

Some people in the comments accuse him/the magazine of only taking a stand now because it's not a big budget Bethesda game, and that he wouldn't do that if it was.

I don't know enough about the guy (nothing, really) to be able to tell whether he's usually legit or not, and I can't be bothered to watch more German stuff tbh.
The combination of neo nazi hairstyle, unkempt beard and soyboy/hipster clothes is hilarious though. Can't take him seriously.

Soooo it is an admission of not playing any games? There is no suck thing as non-buggy games! What a fucking hipster cunt,bet he sucks arab's dicks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom