Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is it just me or is there another faction we don't know about in that screenshot? I don't remember seeing that coiled snake emblem before.

True. There is a part of the main city called The Serpant’s crown or something so it might be related.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Top symbol is pallegina's paladin order if i'm not mistaken.
edit : Minor factions ? Maybe they've been confirmed for months and I just completely missed the information.
Anyway, if the game structure tends more towards new vegas than poe1, it'd be pretty fucking cool.
edit 2 : I know you're talking about the snake. This was an unrelated post.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
An indigenous faction is quite likely, considering the symbol and the fact the screenshot shows poor relations with it but good relations with foreigners. Although I wouldn't be surprise that it's purely illustrative with no actual numbers behind it.

Sentinel

Arcane
I am the center of the universe.
pillars-of-eternity-2-deadfire_6022004.jpg
That pseudo italian/latin is so fucking cringeworthy.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It might also be a religious faction of some kind, the people in Tikawara say that they worship Berath as a snake-like deity. They are twin snakes, though, while it's only 1 here, but it's also coiled in an infinity symbol, so that might symbolize the infinite cycle of life and death.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I am wondering what faction with the three stars relates to. I know Eothas is associated with 3 stars, but this could be different.

Ent

Savant
A psyblade was the first character I made - simple but effective. I'm assuming thats a Devoted/Soul blade?

Doktor Best

Arcane
So when will we get our season pass key? I already activated my gog key but the dlc pack is still on "pending".

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Like Naesaki said, it probably has collector value and nothing else. Or you don't have the internet.

Naesaki

Novice
I mean the first games guidebook was alright, though like all guidebooks for games that are frequently updated. A fair amount of the walkthrough side of the book obviously ends up outdated pretty quick (item stats and class balancing etc etc) though the lore tidbits and such were neat and it had a fairly nice design, though since I found the copy in a charity shop in near mint condition for £1 I can't really complain.

2house2fly

Magister
I check the pirate sites occasionally to see if the beta has been uploaded, but I have not seen hide nor hair of it. One of the things that makes me less than confident about widespread audience interest in the game, since I was able to pirate the beta for the previous game pretty easily

frajaq

Erudite
I'm scared this game is gonna sell like shit because people will come from DOS 2, which had full voice acting and co-op, and are going to be really disappointed

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom