Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
The fag "could" do this, it "could" do that. But it hasn't. BG2 wing buffet already has knockdown and blowback.

To the other fag: never said BG2 dragons were hard (again, foremost commentator on Infinity + SCS tactics). But you can't just plink from point blank and drop one (not easily, anyway).

d1nolore

Savant
The fag "could" do this, it "could" do that. But it hasn't. BG2 wing buffet already has knockdown and blowback.

To the other fag: never said BG2 dragons were hard (again, foremost commentator on Infinity + SCS tactics). But you can't just plink from point blank and drop one.

I'm currently working on another project but once I finish that perhaps I'll make a dragon battle to show what a do nothing bitch you are.

:smug:

d1nolore

Savant
Well Immortal actually knows what he's talking about being that he referenced Timestop in his defence of TB being possible.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Again, neither you nor he even know what a TB combat system is.

I have never met such feeble scrubs as those of the NWN "community". :lol:

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
What have you created besides a shit blog?

I am a commentator who can cite my in-depth write-ups about this and that (many of which have no equal/equivalent). Neither you nor the other fag have cited a single thing. It's all, "This and that is so EZ to mod!!1" No back up, nothing forthcoming. This is a pathetic showing by you both and I expected better even from a lowly troll duo such as you constitute.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
What have you created besides a shit blog?

I am a commentator who can cite my in-depth write-ups about this and that (many of which have no equal/equivalent). Neither you nor the other fag have cited a single thing. It's all, "This and that is so EZ to mod!!1" No back up, nothing forthcoming. This is a pathetic showing by you both and I expected better even from a lowly troll duo such as you constitute.

You are basically a tourist who sifts content off every community.. to poorly regurgitate what you "think" about it and attempt to garner views. You have the technical skills of small pebble and now that Beamdog has shunned you and your blog has accumulated..... 1 million views.. ANNUALLY?? (but like maybe 100 comments, wow user engagement) You think you are some kind of top tier reporter.

Do you know how cringey you sound?
This is fucking embarrassing. I almost feel bad slapping you around.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I'm a commentator, not a modder. You both claim to be modders and have zero to show for it. 16 years and nothing but shitposts? I blush in embarrassment for you both.

Lhynn

Arcane
712 player-made modules listed by me in Core and faggots can't cite Jack.

This is a fucking dragon battle:

firkraag.jpg

A NWN dragon "battle", just fire arrows from point blank:

Both of them are shit. No flight, fight in closed spaces, no traps everywhere, even the treasure is paltry and weak and they are dumb creatures.

What you can do in PnP far surpasses what you can do in either game. BG2 certainly has better fights, but you can cheese the fuck out of them in both games, especially if you have the stats, and they both can look equally silly.

Regardless, as Roguey said, content in OC and expansions was created for a single character. In most PW dragons got modified. Even in the most vanilla PWs i remember seeing modified dragons of 5 times the size of your regular nwn dragon that could do hundreds of points of damage with their breath weapon. And thats before we get into their spellcasting.

Still, the absurdity of stat bloat of 3rd edition made almost every encounter from the Monster Manual a joke.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
But yeah, FPC rules is my point, too. ReadThread.

I did. I'm a bit concerned about how erratic you've become. Hope your new job responsibilities aren't being too much of a drain.

NWN is what it is. Like getting mad at a tangerine for not being an orange.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
What you can do in PnP far surpasses what you can do in either game.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. Without your insight, who would have thunk it?

content in OC and expansions was created for a single character.

The OC was designed primarily with multi-player in mind. All design parameters but the tacked-on companions point to it.

nwn dragon that could do hundreds of points of damage with their breath weapon. And thats before we get into their spellcasting.

Dmg is only part of the equation.

Lilura your blog page looks like total garbage tbh

Cite your write-ups.

Lhynn

Arcane
BG2 battles > NWN ones.
They can be, if we are speaking of the OC.

BG2 battles > NWN ones.
How is this relevant to what i said? if you cheese for it not to be a battle, its the same in both cases.

The OC was designed primarily with multi-player in mind. All design parameters but the tacked on companions point to it.
The OC was designed as a tacked on feature to test the game. It was very bad because they diverted resources somewhere else in development. And they made the right choice, and at this point attacking it is retarded.

Dmg is only part of the equation.
Which is why i also talked about spells, flight and traps. Whats wrong with you? Feels like you want to argue for the sake of arguing.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It was very bad because they diverted resources somewhere else in development.

Unfortunate then that the official expansions lacking that excuse were only marginally better. :M

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
How is this relevant to what i said? if you cheese for it not to be a battle, its the same in both cases.

The troll said "BG2 dragons are designed for parties (that's why BG2 dragons are harder)". But OC was designed primarily for multi-player (yet dragons are still butterflies in comparison).

Cite PW possibilities all you like: you said player-made modules and couldn't cite Jack.

Next time, try to develop a memory more than one post long.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Lmfao.. Dragons are Hard in BG2? I can't remember the last time I made a build in that game that couldn't solo a dragon in a few rounds.

You mean create a character. Making a build implies choices, and the only significant choice you can make in AD&D and BG2 after character generation is to dual class.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The troll said BG2 dragons are designed for parties (that's why BG2 dragons are harder). But OC was designed primarily for multi-player (yet dragons are still butterflies in comparison).
The toolset scales encounters based on your level/number of players and since the OC can be played in single player, they damn well made sure that the the average Bioware player could complete it while playing alone.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
It was very bad because they diverted resources somewhere else in development.

Unfortunate then that the official expansions lacking that excuse were only marginally better. :M

SoU was made by Turbine AFAIK.
Nobody is or ever has disputed that the best content is custom module made. The OC / Expansions are all pretty lackluster. IMO

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
SoU was made by Turbine AFAIK.
Floodgate. And it started out that way, but they botched it so incredibly hard that Bioware had to take over the project and redo almost everything themselves (Gaider inherited chapter one, Whiteside who'd go on to make Kingmaker did the prelude, and Bartel the Witch's Wake guy had to put a permanent halt to that to work on chapter two).

Nobody is or ever has disputed that the best content is custom module made. The OC / Expansions are all pretty lackluster. IMO

My experience so far is that the "best" just isn't good enough. :rpgcodex: Good writing, level design, and non-obnoxious combat are a tall order for professional developers, much less amateurs drawn to baby's first RPG toolset.

Lhynn

Arcane
Id say they were both a massive improvement over the original. The second expansion was even fairly good.

You mean create a character. Making a build implies choices, and the only significant choice you can make in AD&D and BG2 after character generation is to dual class.
And this is actually ideal for pnp, but not as desirable for computor games.
Cite PW possibilities all you like: you said player-made modules and couldn't cite Jack.
PWs are all player made modules. Also i havent played nwn in 5 years, but why would you need me to cite modules? there are literally chickens with MM dragon stats in a bunch of modules, i cant believe you havent run into those sort of things.

Next time, try to develop a memory more than one post long.
Im pretty sure you edited the previous post after my reply.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I took a gander at the dragon stats in the toolset and they're pretty much the ones found in the d20 SRD. While it's true they don't have their wing and tail abilities, that's likely more of an animation budget issue than one of design. Those dragon animations are difficult. As I've noted in the past, Baldur's Gate and pre-expansion Icewind Dale didn't have any dragons, nor did Temple of Elemental Evil even though dragons were in the elemental nodes in the module. I suppose it's something they could have added in an expansion or patch but they decided to prioritize other things (like cloaks and horse-riding :P)

Lhynn

Arcane
Horse riding was so useless and gimmicky.

Interesting about the dragon part, but thats my point anyway. In 3rd edition most monsters from the MM designed to challenge a party could easily be tackled by a decently built character for the CR.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Interesting about the dragon part, but thats my point anyway. In 3rd edition most monsters from the MM designed to challenge a party could easily be tackled by a decently built character for the CR.

Yeaa.. It could of been a cool concept if any module actually utilized it..

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I remember in the early days of Dragon Age: Origins, some Bioware-fans were very upset about the lack of horses and horse-riding. They finally got their wish in Inquisition, so you can count on Bioware to pander to their fans' weirdest desires eventually.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom