Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Hahahahahaha dragonul09 is going full retard on the steam discussions.
Screenshot_2018_2_18_This_game_has_the_worst_AI_in_history_and_the_rabid_fanboys_are_defending_it_to_death_videos_included.png

The poor fuck won't stop his jihad against the game. Vavra must have really fucked up his feelz. At least use a real problem you little cunt!
At least this proves that he hasn't even bought the game and is most likely playing a pirated version. So his whining about having paid "$50" for a game made by a small team as a debut on a budget and under time pressure after a KickStarter that dares to have AI bugs he can exploit and not to be perfect at Launch rings very hollow and makes it clear that he's willing to use disingenous arguments and his true purpose as with ELEX is shitting up forums and threads with outdated videos like the one from the PS4 before the Day1 Patch to get people that haven't even played the game and don't know his videos don't reflect reality 99% of the time to shit on it too for whatever reason, even though reposting the same videos of AI bugs or glitches over and over doesn't really constitute a very good argument.

Did Untitled Project triggered your hemorrhoids or something ? What's that gotta do with bad programming and with the content shown in the video? It's so sad seeing so many idiots on this forum defending this pile of manure, 50-60$ for a bunch of cutscenes and a mediocre story, fucking pathetic.
That's not even Euro Jank, it's pure common trash, Euro Jank should give you some headaches but still be a challenge along the road as buggy as it may be, but this game gives you nothing besides trowing deadwood AI at you that act like target practice rather than enemies. It's sad that people give this pile of manure a pass especially being a 50$ title, yet they dare to bash other games on the basis that they are not real arpeges.
As you can see those videos are fresh, the game is patched, stop blaming the players for the incompetence of the devs, fucking shit eaters like you are why we get 50$ games in alpha state.

He did the same thing when he shit all over the ELEX thread, he kept reposting the same two or three webm's from like a month earlier as if this constituted an unbeatable argument and talking about Dwork Souls: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/elex-release-thread.118754/page-142#post-5369834 http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/elex-release-thread.118754/page-143#post-5370417 when for most other people it simply wasn't an issue and he was still at it over dozens of pages.

What's especially funny is when he even contradicts himself and gives away that his primary purpose is just to shit on a game or developer under any circumstance, for instance when he claims that it's a CryEngine problem that they couldn't possibly fix, before claiming that they "half assed" their game:
I don't think you understand how Cryengine work, there's no fixing AI ever, modders have tried for years to improve Crysis and it's AI is still one of the worst out there. Things will improve but the AI will 99% stay the same, if Crytek couldn't improve their own games on their own engine, I'm pretty sure Warhorse is not going to do shit about it.
It's clearly that they half assed this game and you are too stupid to see past the eat shiting fanboy wall.

We have bypassed Skyrim and are approaching GTA V level of peak concurrent players
This game is exploding beyond exploding. I'm mean....in concurrent players it's doing better than Skyrim ever has. Fucking Skyrim. Wtf is going on?
Skyrim had nearly ~300,000 players playing at once near its Launch in 2011, it has an all-time peak of 287,411 on Nov 13, 2011: https://steamdb.info/app/72850/graphs/ It's just that SteamCharts data doesn't go that far back. It has surpassed The Witcher 3 in concurrent users though, although the Retail and GOG versions are obviously not counted on Steam: https://steamdb.info/app/292030/graphs/

I see I have some butthurt stalkers, it's nice of you compiling everything I said about this pile of Oblivion leftover trash, I appreciate doing this even if you are a nasty little freak.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
dragonul09 I am baffled at how stupid you are mate. You must have hard time whipping your ars. I only hope they don't decide to give you the
dumbfuck.gif
one,i will feel bad if we have the same tag,you are far too stupid for this one. From all the problems that the game have,you decided to pick the only one that doesn't exist.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The game's success echoes what i said from the beginning. This is the type of "RPG" people have always been craving, but the industry hasn't responded to this demand (and no, making everything open world doesn't really count), leaving Bethesda as the sole beneficiary of this untapped market, which has made them filthy rich despite all their games being utter and total garbage.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
It feels so GOOD to be called "good knight" for the first time after 30+ hours. It really feels like I've earned all the time spent training with Captain Bernard, hunting down and killing bandits, and also earned the armor I'm currently wearing. It's nothing in other games, but it really matters here. I truly feel like I've accomplished something (also helps that I have high charisma and I look like a killer).

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
dragonul09 I am baffled at how stupid you are mate. You must have hard time whipping your ars. I only hope they don't decide to give you the
dumbfuck.gif
one,i will feel bad if we have the same tag,you are far too stupid for this one. From all the problems that the game have,you decided to pick the only one that doesn't exist.

I really feel sorry for you, we all know life is hard with you being bulgarian and all that, but I'll try to be a little more tolerable and malleable, maybe that will help with your day to day life.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

dumbfuck.gif
:lol:

One thing I found interesting was that the imossibru questline he complained about is what this reviewer cites as an awesome point in his game:

(12:55)

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
The game's success echoes what i said from the beginning. This is the type of "RPG" people have always been craving, but the industry hasn't responded to this demand (and no, making everything open world doesn't really count), leaving Bethesda as the sole beneficiary of this untapped market, which has made them filthy rich despite all their games being utter and total garbage.

The industry won't take notice, of that you can be sure.

gongal

Educated
This game, a lot of it's writing and characters is basically Mafia set in medieval ages. Which is kinda cool and not something I expected from this.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
dumbfuck.gif
:lol:

One thing I found interesting was that the imossibru questline he complained about is what this reviewer cites as an awesome point in his game:

(12:55)

When did I ever complained about any impossible mission? I keep saying that the game is too easy and you keep coming back eating more shit, you clearly have some mental problems.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
After playing some 10 for the last 3 days, here's my toughts so far.

Before releasing I said many times that while the combat looked really bad, the content (quests and exploration) seemed good and hoped for the RPG mechanics to be good.

Sadly, so far both the content and mechanics seem bad.

The combat is everything I said it would be - clunky, slow, boring and frustating - and more - after experimenting with it I am pretty sure that all enemies have more health than Henry, since even when I fought, 1 on 1, against bandits not even equiped with a Gambeson a wielding a Seaux, and I with a Gambeson + Mail Coif + helmet and wielding a Sword with almost 20 more damge than his, the bastard did more damage to me in 2 strikes than I did to him in 5.

The combat AI is also not very balanced, in the regard that one shitty peasent does the same quantity of dodges, blocks and parries that a knight does (and they do a lot).

The AI itself. Well... It does react to a lot of things (like a dog barks they go check it, and many other cool shit), however they are really slow to start those reactions. The player makes an action and they usually take some 10 seconds before starting their reaction to it.

The RPG mechanics are bad. It a bit like the problem in some old RPG's like Daggerfall were you have skills and you'll only use 2/3 trought the whole game. And there's also a lot of perks and skills that are just plain fucking retard.
For example the Reading skill. I know barely anyone know to read or write those days, but couln't they just have made that into a perk that to unlock you had to find someone who could teach you and then either pay him or make a quest for him. Reading perks include shit like "You will get a reading bonus when sited".

:deathclaw:

What even is a reading bonus. Or another perk that discover every single point of interest in your map. Great design right there. Does wonder for the exploration.
The herbalist skill makes no fucking sense, again it could just be a perk in the Alquemy skill that made the player reconize plants, and in the 2nd tier of that perk he would know their effects. I mean Henry can't read he can identify every single flower, berrie and grass in the land.

The lockpick minigame is ridicolous. And not once I manageto try and pickpocket someone. The button just doesn't appear, not even when the NPC's are sleeping.

Moving on.

The Quests so far have been either, fetch quests, follow someone or investigate a big area for X. I don't know if it gets better but after 10 hours I can't get to do an activity that isn't shit.

Exploration so far I would almost put it on the level of Skyrim. It just isn't any kind of reward or a cool little quest/level like you would get in Gothic or Morrowind. There's just seems to be nothing of interest.

The optimization is also one of the player's biggest enemies. I can run Battlefield 1 on Ultra with 60+ fps. Yet even if I make a mix between Medium and High I barely surpass the 30fps mark. I also get 2-5 second freezes almost every 5 minutes.

Some nitpicks:
The UI is cleary for consoles. So are the controls.
The blue screen filter when running out of stamina is anoying. So is the red filter for low health.
Why the fuck when resting/waiting the cursor is so slow in the last hour?
The animations for opening doors and picking up items are unecessary.
Want to talk to someone? Loading Screen. Wanna Haggle the price of something? Loading Screen. Picking plants are we now? How about a Cutscene for it.

Pros so far:
The world is very well designed and actually very historically acurate. Very impressed that they even managed to capture the mentalaty of people from those days fairly well (not an easy feat).
But then again even the days of the KickStater they stated they pretty much wanted the game to feel like a time capsule. So I guess they succeeded their main objective.
And for me, so far, it just what the game is really. A good looking time capsule of 15th century Bohemia masquerading as a game.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

When did I ever complained about any impossible mission?
mystery.png

who would be dumb enough to stay in a fight with 6-7 enemies at a time
eqVJYXL.png

you don't seem to know what this game has to offer. When the bailifs give you those repetitive activities to clear those bandit/cuman camps, he sends you alone to clear them, no one is coming with you. You alone are sent to clear a camp of 9-10 bandits
rKU4qY3.png

you clearly have some mental problems.
3nKByin.png

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Btw one important point - it's sort of Codex exclusive - the technical designer of this game is a dude called Viktor Bocan, the lead designer for Operation Flashpoint.

Basically Vavra was responsible for the story and characters and Viktor is the systems designer. If you think the story is great and you enjoy watching the SJWs being apoplectic tweet something at Vavra. If you're a systemfag and think the game is incline because of the underlying mechanics just know Vavra has little to do with that.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm stuck in the game now because of boredom. I'm in a quest that I can't seem to escape, and it requires me to use all the skills I have neglected because I have not roleplayed as a damn bandit/thief nor a herbalist. I'm in the

monastery, infiltrated it. I know and have talked to the guy that I'm supposed to find, but now I have to skulk about and steal stuff and the likes, which goes against my character... So, is there an easy way out of this god forsaken mission? I don't want to kill the guy either, but it seems it stand between robbing the monks blind and going against god or just killing the dude.

Shadenuat

Arcane
What even is a reading bonus.
Increased skill growth when reading skill books & faster reading.

The lockpick minigame is ridicolous.
Don't know why PC user would say that actually. Once you reach about level 3 it's not hard at all.

The combat AI is also not very balanced, in the regard that one shitty peasent does the same quantity of dodges, blocks and parries that a knight does
That's clearly not true, some enemies are way better at doing master strikes and parrying than others. Peasants in peasant hats you meet on the road < better equipped bandits < sith lords in black brigandines/cuman leaders < Syrio of Braavos of Rattay whacking your shit with wooden weapons during training. YMMV.

You should grow your skills first before meeting bandits anyway, it's still an RPG and stats help a lot, with good stats and equipment you can break through weak enemies.

As for quests there are cool quests in game, what you say are mostly activites to just get cash and raise skills and train; yet even those are actually not infinite and some have continuation (after hunting bandits you can travel to other town and hunt cumans).

There are new quests in game as time passes so check old places again as plot progresses.

Last edited:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
When did I ever complained about any impossible mission?
mystery.png

who would be dumb enough to stay in a fight with 6-7 enemies at a time
eqVJYXL.png

you don't seem to know what this game has to offer. When the bailifs give you those repetitive activities to clear those bandit/cuman camps, he sends you alone to clear them, no one is coming with you. You alone are sent to clear a camp of 9-10 bandits
rKU4qY3.png

you clearly have some mental problems.
3nKByin.png

I clearly said that no one in real life will ever send a peasant to clear a camp of bandits/cumans by himself, I clearly tried to take a jab at Warhorse, they keept boasting at how real their game will feel and it's complete bullshit. Also by taking 6-7 enemies by yourself like that fella said in that video, that he took them down by one shoting everyone and he felt like a god and he was not even that far in the game, does that tell you something ? Does your little brain process what I said about this game, you know being too easy?

But spam more pictures, like a little facebook whore, that really help your arguments.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom