Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Parabalus

Arcane
The 4th or so wayfarer I encountered was a knight who had 10k equipment on himself, which I got after crouching in his face and pressing F. You can likely just F guards in one area and get similar gold counts, then avoid that region while your rep resets.
Get power armor in Navarro = cult classic freedom

Strangle a knight and live life of luxury by selling his armor = not balanced popamole

No, that was my point, you don't expect open world games to have any semblance of economic balance, it's a core part of the appeal.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Also when you play a game, you play to win
Against fucking whom? computah? :lol:

...I think you have some unresolved issues dude. Don't play tabletop Warhammer, people will beat you up for exploiting rules lol.

No, that was my point, you don't expect open world games to have any semblance of economic balance, it's a core part of the appeal.
Yeah but I think KCD with it's loads of money sinks and good start and low monetary rewards "tried". You can't predict everything, but a perk is a part of designed character system - it doesn't happen due to game systems working in open world, it's just a glaring OP thing right in the core rules so to speak.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Does killing 5 bandits as a peasant easily really helps your argument?
I've participated as a major battle at this point in the story. Not really a peasant. More like young veteran.
You are saying the exact same thing that I did, you can easily defeat everyone with melee or bow.
again, learn to read.

I said they were lightly armored and weren't cuman-level. They were weak and that's why they were easy. I didn't say all opponents were easy and I implied that some (cumans) were hard.

Tired of teaching you to read, man.

This is how you rationalize using cheats when you can't game the AI, isn't it?
Also when you play a game, you play to win, not to exercise normal and obvious strategy
:hmmm:
It can't handle my unorthodox strategy.
But you seem to be too stupid to understand this, keep leaving in your world and pamper the AI by doing your ''obvious'' strategies.

What cheats you mentally challenged midget? I use a bow to kill my enemies, just because they can't keep up with me that doesn't mean I cheat, are you stupid or you enjoy acting like one? And also could you not spam emotes and start using some arguments, it's tiresome having you act like a little girl and frankly it's embarrasing for you and everyone else.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Against fucking whom? computah? :lol:

...I think you have some unresolved issues dude. Don't play tabletop Warhammer, people will beat you up for exploiting rules lol.

Yeah but I think KCD with it's loads of money sinks and good start and low monetary rewards "tried". You can't predict everything, but a perk is a part of designed character system - it doesn't happen due to game systems working in open world, it's just a glaring OP thing right in the core rules so to speak.

I have unresolved issues because I want a mildly challenging game? Where on earth do you retards come from? Is this the mentally challenged forum, do I need a red line on my documents to participate in it?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Does killing 5 bandits as a peasant easily really helps your argument?
I've participated as a major battle at this point in the story. Not really a peasant. More like young veteran.
You are saying the exact same thing that I did, you can easily defeat everyone with melee or bow.
again, learn to read.

I said they were lightly armored and weren't cuman-level. They were weak and that's why they were easy. I didn't say all opponents were easy and I implied that some (cumans) were hard.

Tired of teaching you to read, man.

This is how you rationalize using cheats when you can't game the AI, isn't it?
Also when you play a game, you play to win, not to exercise normal and obvious strategy
It can't handle my unorthodox strategy.
But you seem to be too stupid to understand this, keep leaving in your world and pamper the AI by doing your ''obvious'' strategies.

What cheats you mentally challenged midget? I use a bow to kill my enemies, just because they can't keep up with me that doesn't mean I cheat, are you stupid or you enjoy acting like one? And also could you not spam emotes and start using some arguments, it's tiresome having you act like a little girl and frankly it's embarrasing for you and everyone else.

:whatho:

I have unresolved issues because I want a mildly challenging game? Where on earth do you retards come from? Is this the mentally challenged forum, do I need a red line on my documents to participate in it?

:butthurt:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I have unresolved issues because I want a mildly challenging game?
If you want a challenging game why do you use the playstyle that you found to be least challenging?

With your logic any game out there should be challenging, maybe we should all go naked in fights just to prove our manliness. What is the point of going with the lesser and weaker playstyle? I already proved that the AI is shit on multiple fronts and the only way to make it challenging is to go mano a mano with the whole camp of bandits/cumans, does that make me smarter and more manlier? But go ahead and make more excuses for Peasant Simulator 2018

Shin

Cipher
I read through the last couple of pages and saw (20 times) that it has more concurrent players than the Witcher 3 and Skyrim... doesn't that mean it sucks now? Fucking AAA+ popamole shit with release day DLC if you ask me.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Shin
We discussed this 2 pages ago, steamcharts didn't exist at launch of Skyrim and that peak that was tracked was on July 2015 probably on a free weekend. Real numbers of Skyrim launch was apparently 200k.

Shadenuat

Arcane
With your logic any game out there should be challenging, maybe we should all go naked in fights just to prove our manliness
By your logic no game is challenging because some sort of exploit or a superior tactic to exploit AI always exists and always destroys the challenge (Dark Souls - Magic/Bow).

Also, RPGs are not really about challenge most of the time. What challenge there is in PS:T? To click on dialogue options?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

What cheats you mentally challenged midget?
:nocountryforshitposters:

It was an offhand remark that you were probably the same sort that rationalizes cheating. Wasn't saying it was a cheat. You aren't 1/10 as smart as you obviously think you are, whiny.

And also could you not spam emotes and start using some arguments
P9vYpns.png

With your logic <insert ridiculous strawman>, maybe we should all <insert ridiculous strawman>.
p much every one of your posts

I have unresolved issues because I want a mildly challenging game?
If you want a challenging game why do you use the playstyle that you found to be least challenging?
This.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parabalus

Arcane

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
With your logic any game out there should be challenging, maybe we should all go naked in fights just to prove our manliness
By your logic no game is challenging because some sort of exploit or a superior tactic to exploit AI always exists and always destroys the challenge (Dark Souls - Magic/Bow).

Also, RPGs are not really about challenge most of the time. What challenge there is in PS:T? To click on dialogue options?

This game has too many flaws in it's AI you thick headed baboon, there are many games out there that can be subtley exploited, but this one has severe issues with it's AI pathing, glitches out, freezings that it's easily reproducible even without trying. The main problem is that the game has one type of enemy and they all act the same, it's the curse of being based on reality, unless they are going to make major changes to Cryengine the AI will never be fixed and the issues will remain forever.

Shadenuat

Arcane
With your logic <insert ridiculous strawman>, maybe we should all <insert ridiculous strawman>.
I wouldn't call him completely incorrect in principle but I don't understand why in a game that starts with sword training and has 10 perks for swords and 0 for bows you would be so obsessed with latter and be mad at people who play game as intended and enjoy it.

Also, the ratio of fighting and other activities in KCD is close to say Mafia game, which for big chunk of game was not about shooting enemies for example. It seems designed to be more realistic in that respect, not to be about murdering dozens of cumans because you can. People argue you have to search for actual enemies during day with torch to find some bandits, unlike say Morrowind with it's cliffracers. You have to play for dozens of hours until game even throws a non-avoidable fight at you (second Sarevok meeting).

Heck, thinking Mafia, I might believe even fencing system in the game was created not to exist as challenge, but for verisimilitude - like speed signs and speed tickets and leaking gas in Mafia.

Last edited:

Chrio

Novice
I can agree with that :smug:

Still doing better than the isometric Codex GOTY :smug:

I wouldnt call Candy Crush isometric, its more like top down I think.

I wonder at what page codexfags will finally decide it's total popamole (which it is). I bet something around ~120.

The problem here is that the popamole versions arent even running properly, it was developed for pc and consoles were an afterthought, like your dads decision a few decades ago if he should pull it out or not, unfortunate for us he decided with the latter.

I read through the last couple of pages and saw (20 times) that it has more concurrent players than the Witcher 3 and Skyrim... doesn't that mean it sucks now? Fucking AAA+ popamole shit with release day DLC if you ask me.

The day 1 DLC was huge with its 23 gb and also free, but the name was misplaced, wouldnt it called it day one patch though.

Dexter

Arcane
Hahahahahaha dragonul09 is going full retard on the steam discussions.
Screenshot_2018_2_18_This_game_has_the_worst_AI_in_history_and_the_rabid_fanboys_are_defending_it_to_death_videos_included.png

The poor fuck won't stop his jihad against the game. Vavra must have really fucked up his feelz. At least use a real problem you little cunt!
At least this proves that he hasn't even bought the game and is most likely playing a pirated version. So his whining about having paid "$50" for a game made by a small team as a debut on a budget and under time pressure after a KickStarter that dares to have AI bugs he can exploit and not to be perfect at Launch rings very hollow and makes it clear that he's willing to use disingenuous arguments and his true purpose as with ELEX is shitting up forums and threads with outdated videos like the one from the PS4 before the Day1 Patch to get people that haven't even played the game and don't know his videos don't reflect reality 99% of the time to shit on it too for whatever reason, even though reposting the same videos of AI bugs or glitches (some of which have already even been fixed) over and over doesn't really constitute a very good argument.

Did Untitled Project triggered your hemorrhoids or something ? What's that gotta do with bad programming and with the content shown in the video? It's so sad seeing so many idiots on this forum defending this pile of manure, 50-60$ for a bunch of cutscenes and a mediocre story, fucking pathetic.
That's not even Euro Jank, it's pure common trash, Euro Jank should give you some headaches but still be a challenge along the road as buggy as it may be, but this game gives you nothing besides trowing deadwood AI at you that act like target practice rather than enemies. It's sad that people give this pile of manure a pass especially being a 50$ title, yet they dare to bash other games on the basis that they are not real arpeges.
As you can see those videos are fresh, the game is patched, stop blaming the players for the incompetence of the devs, fucking shit eaters like you are why we get 50$ games in alpha state.

He did the same thing when he shit all over the ELEX thread, he kept reposting the same two or three webm's from like a month earlier and whining about hitboxes as if this constituted an unbeatable argument and talking about Dwork Souls: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/elex-release-thread.118754/page-20#post-5341029 http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/elex-release-thread.118754/page-55#post-5345327 http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/elex-release-thread.118754/page-142#post-5369834 http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/elex-release-thread.118754/page-143#post-5370417 when for most other people it simply wasn't an issue and he was still at it over a hundred pages and a month later.

What's especially funny is when he even contradicts himself and gives away that his primary purpose is just to shit on the game or developer under any circumstances (apparently even using throwaway accounts on Steam or their official forums to do so and try to convince unsuspecting buyers of how SHIT the game supposedly is), for instance when he claims that it's a CryEngine problem that they couldn't possibly fix, before claiming that they're incompetents who "half assed" their game a post later:
I don't think you understand how Cryengine work, there's no fixing AI ever, modders have tried for years to improve Crysis and it's AI is still one of the worst out there. Things will improve but the AI will 99% stay the same, if Crytek couldn't improve their own games on their own engine, I'm pretty sure Warhorse is not going to do shit about it.
It's clearly that they half assed this game and you are too stupid to see past the eat shiting fanboy wall.

We have bypassed Skyrim and are approaching GTA V level of peak concurrent players
This game is exploding beyond exploding. I'm mean....in concurrent players it's doing better than Skyrim ever has. Fucking Skyrim. Wtf is going on?
Skyrim had nearly ~300,000 players playing at once near its Launch in 2011, it has an all-time peak of 287,411 on Nov 13, 2011: https://steamdb.info/app/72850/graphs/ It's just that SteamCharts data doesn't go that far back. It has surpassed The Witcher 3 in concurrent users though, although the Retail and GOG versions are obviously not counted on Steam since they didn't come with a Steam code: https://steamdb.info/app/292030/graphs/

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom