Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

jungl

Augur
there no point backpedaling with bow. You can back pedal in melee parry every now and then quick attack to kill 3 opponents. 12 year old could do this. The combat is nothing special but still fun. All it needs is shouts and magic like skyrim.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
250.000 players on Skyrim at the same time :negative:

If Kingdom Come Deliverance was a Fantasy RPG, it's sales would of doubled.

Normies don't want to roleplay as dirty peasants collecting brown trousers and blunt swords.

I disagree. The fact that KCD is the only game of its kind in a real world medieval setting is a major differentiator and has led to years and years worth of positive word of mouth. Plenty of fantasy ARPGs do poorly. Maybe it would sell like a Bethesda game, or maybe it would have sold like Divinity 2 or Bound by Flame, both of which did okay but not amazingly well. Maybe it would’ve sold like Amalur, which bankrupted its studio (and which I have proudly never played despite getting a free copy from Curt Schilling via some obscure family connection to the Phillies).

FWIW, Vávra put on a master class in building and sustaining the hype here. Putting out that great looking beta two years ago was a very smart move.

PS. For those who have really low reputations everywhere despite not breaking too many laws, are you playing pirated copies? This would be a brilliant way to punish piracy in-game.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Most times, you really shouldn't take on 6 or 7 enemies at a time alone. That's when you: run, hide, ambush, pick a few off with arrows before engaging the rest in combat

This is exactly what you said and also what everyone sane is doing and this is what breaks the AI, you run from them, they freeze, they glitch out and you can easily kill them off because the AI is so bad. But it seems that you are too stupid to even read what you write, so why am I even bothering.
I know this is hard for you, but try reading it in context:
It's pretty rare that you're facing those numbers without some other option other than taking them all head on or kiting them off one at a time like a bitch.

Most times, you really shouldn't take on 6 or 7 enemies at a time alone. That's when you: run, hide, ambush, pick a few off with arrows before engaging the rest in combat. Maybe you can return at night and catch them off guard. Maybe you steal their gear. Or maybe you just shouldn't take them on at all.
So I clearly wasn't talking about kiting them. It's your own self-absorbed, bad attitude that led you to read it like that.

This isn't a long, larpy description of kiting. I'm causally listing a bunch of different things you can do.

Running is running, hiding is using stealth to avoid them, ambushing, well, not sure I really meant ambush, but I meant attacking by surprise/stealth. And picking a few off with arrows before engaging the rest in combat doesn't imply that you are leading them off one at a time like a trolly newb. It means you shoot one or two of them before attacking. Not kite, shoot, then attack. Who thinks shooting = kiting? Pull your head out.

I'll give you an example from my game: I was tasked with taking out the two bandits that were after Ginger. Frankly, I still sucked at the combat because I hadn't gone back to learn more from the trainer. I snuck up on them at night, killed one in his sleep and then stabbed the other to death before he could gear up and fight. I probably could have taken out another one or two as well. It was easy. No AI games, no kiting.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Looks like the nightengale quest is broken for me... I set my traps and when I came back one of them is disappeared.

2 disappeared for me. And when I go to the area and enable quest markers to show the drop locations, one of the marker keeps following me. >.<

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I wonder at what page codexfags will finally decide it's total popamole (which it is). I bet something around ~120.

To be fair I already expected the honeymoon period to be over 2 pages from when I mentioned taking popcorns out for meltdown. I am genuinely surprised.

Tigranes

Arcane
Looks like the nightengale quest is broken for me... I set my traps and when I came back one of them is disappeared.

2 disappeared for me. And when I go to the area and enable quest markers to show the drop locations, one of the marker keeps following me. >.<

Most likely way to avoid bugs is to set a trap then pick it up one at a time, instead of multiple traps. Make the scripting as straightforward as possible.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Most times, you really shouldn't take on 6 or 7 enemies at a time alone. That's when you: run, hide, ambush, pick a few off with arrows before engaging the rest in combat

This is exactly what you said and also what everyone sane is doing and this is what breaks the AI, you run from them, they freeze, they glitch out and you can easily kill them off because the AI is so bad. But it seems that you are too stupid to even read what you write, so why am I even bothering.
I know this is hard for you, but try reading it in context:
It's pretty rare that you're facing those numbers without some other option other than taking them all head on or kiting them off one at a time like a bitch.

Most times, you really shouldn't take on 6 or 7 enemies at a time alone. That's when you: run, hide, ambush, pick a few off with arrows before engaging the rest in combat. Maybe you can return at night and catch them off guard. Maybe you steal their gear. Or maybe you just shouldn't take them on at all.
So I clearly wasn't talking about kiting them. It's your own self-absorbed, bad attitude that led you to read it like that.

This isn't a long, larpy description of kiting. I'm causally listing a bunch of different things you can do.

Running is running, hiding is using stealth to avoid them, ambushing, well, not sure I really meant ambush, but I meant attacking by surprise/stealth. And picking a few off with arrows before engaging the rest in combat doesn't imply that you are leading them off one at a time like a trolly newb. It means you shoot one or two of them before attacking. Not kite, shoot, then attack. Who thinks shooting = kiting? Pull your head out.

I'll give you an example from my game: I was tasked with taking out the two bandits that were after Ginger. Frankly, I still sucked at the combat because I hadn't gone back to learn more from the trainer. I snuck up on them at night, killed one in his sleep and then stabbed the other to death before he could gear up and fight. I probably could have taken out another one or two as well. It was easy. No AI games, no kiting.

Are you listening to yourself? You give the AI so much leeway to the point where you force yourself to play in a way and pretend that the AI is actually capable to outplay you and not being mind numbingly retarded. By following your logic we should also pretend that the combat and AI in Oblivion and Skyrim is oustanding and we should never use the terrain advantage or magic to defeat the enemy, instead we should go fist fighting dragons and giants, that should prove our manliness not kiting them like a bitch.

By your logic every game should be played exactly as the devs envisioned and never stray from that path, you are one of the dumbest people I have seen in a long time.

Volken

Scholar
By your logic every game should be played exactly as the devs envisioned and never stray from that path, you are one of the dumbest people I have seen in a long time.

No AI games, no kiting but solid amount of LARPing instead. Tho I bet he wears the stolen armor in front of the NPCs it belonged to.

Codex Year of the Donut
It's easier to kill melee that are in my face with the bow I won from the lord challenge(in the prologue? or right after it I think) over a superpowered str 12 sword I won in a duel
not sure if that's intended

PrettyDeadman

Just cleared Runts camp solo with a mace. Lol. Too bad the door to the church is closed., so I can't get him. before reporting to Kobyla about my "investigation" of a bandit camp.

I've also found an exploit which allows you to get to 20 str and 20 mace skill (and get a lot of vitality, agility and warfare) in a couple of munutes.
Just go into arena, ask for master strike training: mace.
When the trainer wants you to strike him so that he can parry you - just look at his feet and smash at him while unlocked. Wooden mace does a lot of damage through armor and trains you super fast. After half an hour or so - enjoy 2-3 shotting even the most heavy armored opponents..

Cnaiur

Augur
This is the first game where I've spent 2 hours going to a bath house, playing dice, doing some washing and drinking, stealing some rare wine for my lord, bringing it back and drinking it in a bath tub just to be tasked again with collecting some flowers for the bathhouse wench.

All of this has to be done before sunrise. Can't wait to be a nobleman and being able to outsource.

Last edited:

Are you listening to yourself? You give the AI so much leeway
You mean by excising normal, obvious strategy? I just play the game normally... Attack when most are asleep. Herp derp, such leeway, much difficult.
By following your logic <insert yet another desperate strawman about how difficult and impossibru normal combat is here>
k. btw, I just killed a camp of 5 bandits easily. I think it's on that quest line you were pissing and moaning about. They have crap armor and go down in one or two hits with a normal sword, it's easy. I thought you were talking about cuman-level opponents. lmao
:avatard:

Shadenuat

Arcane
By your logic every game should be played exactly as the devs envisioned
To some degree and if game supports that playstyle - yes.

Or you can shoot Great Lightning Bolt at every boss and say you experienced everything DS can give you for example.

Or only use Harm in Arcanum and never play anything else because it's "most effective way".

Developers can't strong arm you out of everything while also providing a degree of freedom and lots of options.

The 4th or so wayfarer I encountered was a knight who had 10k equipment on himself, which I got after crouching in his face and pressing F. You can likely just F guards in one area and get similar gold counts, then avoid that region while your rep resets.
Get power armor in Navarro = cult classic freedom

Strangle a knight and live life of luxury by selling his armor = not balanced popamole

The AI can't handle backpedaling, the AI can't handle the players doing unorthodox movements at all, it's one of the worst in recent history, even worse than Bethsedas crap .

IFGUb8T.png

the guy still almost died tho...

honestly, it was easier when I just melee'd the guy.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
After putting a lot of hours in it this weekend, Im of the mind to claim that the combat in this game is in no way an improvement in quality to melee and ranged combat in Skyrim...

It's just so fucking broken, exploitable and the AI is completely retarded.

The ranged combat especially is responsible for taking way any and all challenge to non scripted encounters.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Are you listening to yourself? You give the AI so much leeway
You mean by excising normal, obvious strategy? I just play the game normally... Attack when most are asleep. Herp derp, such leeway, much difficult.
By following your logic <insert yet another desperate strawman about how difficult and impossibru normal combat is here>
k. btw, I just killed a camp of 5 bandits easily. I think it's on that quest line you were pissing and moaning about. They have crap armor and go down in one or two hits with a normal sword, it's easy. I thought you were talking about cuman-level opponents. lmao
:avatard:

Does killing 5 bandits easily as a peasant really helps your argument? You are saying the exact same thing that I did, you can easily defeat everyone with melee or bow. Also I never moaned about any missions, I just told you that in reality no one will ever send a single peasant to defeat a camp of bandits/cumans. Also when you play a game, you play to win, not to exercise normal and obvious strategy, you do whatever it takes to kill the enemy, not cuddle the AI because It can't handle my unorthodox strategy. But you seem to be too stupid to understand this, keep leaving in your world and pamper the AI by doing your ''obvious'' strategies.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
After putting a lot of hours in it this weekend, Im of the mind to claim that the combat in this game is in no way an improvement in quality to melee and ranged combat in Skyrim...

It's just so fucking broken, exploitable and the AI is completely retarded.

The ranged combat especially is responsible for taking way any and all challenge to non scripted encounters.

Finally some people are starting to realise it, it will not be long before everyone starts to see the obvious.

Does killing 5 bandits as a peasant easily really helps your argument?
I've participated in a major battle at this point in the story. Not really a peasant. More like young veteran.
You are saying the exact same thing that I did, you can easily defeat everyone with melee or bow.
again, learn to read.

I said they were lightly armored and weren't cuman-level. They were weak and that's why they were easy. I didn't say all opponents were easy and I implied that some (cumans) were hard.

Tired of teaching you to read, man.

Also when you play a game, you play to win
This is how you rationalize using cheats when you can't game the AI, isn't it?
Also when you play a game, you play to win, not to exercise normal and obvious strategy
:hmmm:
It can't handle my unorthodox strategy.
But you seem to be too stupid to understand this, keep leaving in your world and pamper the AI by doing your ''obvious'' strategies.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom