Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Sure, this game has bunky AI and isn't ever going to beat Gothic, its primary value is in a (relatively) proper medieval atmosphere and some simulationist features. But you're no Diogenes here, you're a guy covered in shit yelling that nobody else has brushed their teeth.

...not sure if it's any worse than all the obsessive tracking of player count.

What simulationists features? You can pick plants, pick pocket, lockpick, collect trivial shit, sleep, eat in 90% of open world games. Do you people enjoy walking and sight seeing rather than play the damn game? Go pick farmer simulator 2018, there's a lot of simulation going on there and it's based on reality.

Immortal You can't really win this, you know? :) SteamCharts keeps track of concurrent peak, so based on that I posted that KCD is ahead of Skyrim. Now, for some strange reason, you happened to know exactly when SteamCharts launched and that it was a year after Skyrim's release, and you knew Skyrim's exact release numbers, which suggest that:

1. You have no social life
2. Are a closet fan of Skyrim

But neither of those make what I said retarded. It's like if someone quoted a statistics report to support their position, but it turned out that statistic report did not cover the event in question. For a professional work, that person might have been expected to do more research, but for a recreational forum post? So the fact that you called me a retard for that simply suggests that you also:

3. Have significant anger issues.

I will be here to drink your tears all week. :)

a cut of domestic sheep prime

So the Codex consensus now is that the more normies buy and play a game the better it is. Amazing. When did so many discussions on this website devolve into people parading about sales and player stats?
It's more about wanting to see the game sell well for me. Sales figure dick measuring is irrelevant.

So the Codex consensus now is that the more normies buy and play a game the better it is. Amazing. When did so many discussions on this website devolve into people parading about sales and player stats?

It's not really about that. It's more that if they made KCD with 15 million, we are excited to see what they can do with 80-100 million.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Whoever made Autobrewing perk for Alchemy & made it so it increases you Alchemy just like normal potion making was madder than a hatter.

And yes second tier of that perk is as broken as written. Thousands of shekels from Lazarus potions ftw.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I don't think I ever complained about combat being too hard in any game
of course you don't, because it sounds like you spend most of your time trying to game the AI so that combat will be easier.

I said that the game is way too easy to make money and abuse the AI
And yet, you repeatedly try to abuse the AI. It's not as if you are just playing normally and the AI is glitching on you, you are purposely trying to break it and then bitching when you succeed.

the only way it works properly is to stay in place and fight every enemy mano a mano
lol, untrue. again, you suck, dude.
who would be dumb enough to stay in a fight with 6-7 enemies at a time
Again with the strawman. THIS is why I keep saying that you suck at the game. Because when people ask you to play it normally, you make a strawman implying that it'd impossible or just too difficult. It's pretty rare that you're facing those numbers without some other option other than taking them all head on or kiting them off one at a time like a bitch.

Most times, you really shouldn't take on 6 or 7 enemies at a time alone. That's when you: run, hide, ambush, pick a few off with arrows before engaging the rest in combat. Maybe you can return at night and catch them off guard. Maybe you steal their gear. Or maybe you just shouldn't take them on at all.

You shouldn't be comfortable going into a 6 or 7 on 1 battle. Who would think the game is broken because that's not viable within the combat system?
where is reality of sending poor peasant Henry alone in fighting camps full of bandits?
I don't know where that reality is. Because you're only sent to scout that camp. You later return with an small army at your side.
It's clearly that they half assed this game and you are too stupid to see past the eat shiting fanboy wall.
It's "clearly" that you just can't hack the combat, look for ways to trick the AI and then come here to blubber about it when you succeed. :M

Are you fucking retarded? No really are you that retarded, because you don't seem to know what this game has to offer. When the bailifs give you those repetitive activities to clear those bandit/cuman camps, he sends you alone to clear them, no one is coming with you. You alone are sent to clear a camp of 9-10 bandits, alright I go in and do as you say, kite them with the bow while running away from them (Oh wait I'm already doing that and that's what breaks the AI you fucking retard), so in the end what the fuck are you blabing about you inbreed pillock, you can't even stay on the same page with me without eating shit every time you open your mouth.

Shadenuat

Arcane
haven't messed with alchemy at all yet, but this perk sounds p popamole decline tbh.
There are some other popamole perks though.

There's Revenant which, while pathetic, is still a regen so it has no place in this game. I am surprised there are no actual physicians in KCD really. Sawbones and such. Maybe monks who could do the job.
Then there's a perk that makes you lose no energy and nutrition while standing still. That means it cancels benefits of reading perk that reduces those issues, since if you sit and read, or just stand still and pass time, you don't lose anything anymore. It's useful to wait for quests and shops to open but arguably it has no place in this game either - just reduction like in Reading perk would be ok.

The Autobrewing perk is just an obvious economy breaker combined with perk to add extra price to your potions. Two plants produce 3 potions with both levels of that perk thus hundreds of Lazarus potions 100 shekels each etc.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
It takes some time to get to that perk but problem is, once you do it means you are now minutes away from raising your Alchemy from 10 to 20 and game economy is destroyed in an instant. At least carrying two dozen dead cumans worth of loot takes some time and is a chore in comparison.

I say just make 1 perk that gives you a chance to make 2 potions, and 2d perk gives you 100% chance to make more potions or something like that. Although due to high skill I think Henry already makes more potions the higher his Alchemy is from every plant.

Needs some :littlemissfun:

Last edited:

jungl

Augur
games alright the bugs are annoying where you have reload a save because a quest broke. Reminds me of what I imagined elder scrolls oblivion would be like when I read about it in a gaming magazine before its release. Got me really hyped to play oblivion thinking it would be this immersive experience riding horses through woods and stuff. Kingdoms come deliverance has some of that immersion I expected from that magazine I read about oblivion back in the day.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Are you fucking retarded? No really are you that retarded, because you don't seem to know what this game has to offer.
Or maybe I just haven't played to that point, drama queen?
When the bailifs give you those repetitive activities to clear those bandit/cuman camps, he sends you alone to clear them, no one is coming with you. You alone are sent to clear a camp of 9-10 bandits
Well, I've already covered what you can do in those situations. (Assuming you aren't just exaggerating breathlessly again.)
alright I go in and do as you say, kite them with the bow while running away from them
Not what I said. Level up reading comprehension and come back. There's no AI for you to trick here IRL. :M
so in the end what the fuck are you blabing about you inbreed pillock, you can't even stay on the same page with me without eating shit every time you open your mouth.
:edgy:

Cromwell

Arcane
It takes some time to get to that perk but problem is, once you do it means you are now minutes away from raising your Alchemy from 10 to 20 and game economy is destroyed in an instant. At least carrying two dozen dead cumans worth of loot takes some time and is a chore in comparison.

I say just make 1 perk that gives you a chance to make 2 potions, and 2d perk gives you 100% chance to make more potions or something like that. Although due to high skill I think Henry already makes more potions the higher his Alchemy is from every plant.

Needs some :littlemissfun:

Autobrewing should take some time. You go from 2 minutes per potion to 2 seconds per potion (3 potions about 2 minutes later). So it should forward time like waiting and sleeping. On the other hand you still have morons who cry about saviour schnapps and dont have shitloads of the stuff lying around. I pay for everything in schnapps right now and demand my moonshiner achievment.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Looks like the nightengale quest is broken for me... I set my traps and when I came back one of them is disappeared.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Most times, you really shouldn't take on 6 or 7 enemies at a time alone. That's when you: run, hide, ambush, pick a few off with arrows before engaging the rest in combat

This is exactly what you said and also what everyone sane is doing and this is what breaks the AI, you run from them, they freeze, they glitch out and you can easily kill them off because the AI is so bad. But it seems that you are too stupid to even read what you write, so why am I even bothering.

Elex

Arbiter
autobrewing is fine: who want to brew the same potion 1000 times?

still should be balanced and not “magical instant brewing”

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Every time I've tried running from people they chase me down and club me in the back of the head what the fuck are you even talking about?

The AI can't handle backpedaling, the AI can't handle the players doing unorthodox movements at all, it's one of the worst in recent history, even worse than Bethsedas crap .

Parabalus

Arcane
game economy is destroyed in an instant.

Balanced economy in an open world game? :lol:

The 4th or so wayfarer I encountered was a knight who had 10k equipment on himself, which I got after crouching in his face and pressing F. You can likely just F guards in one area and get similar gold counts, then avoid that region while your rep resets.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom