Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
rabid fans defending every single flaw
I haven't paid any attention to it until now. I literally saw it in my Steam recommendations, bought it and came here to post about what I liked/didn't like.

The only reason I'm taking issue with your criticism is because you're purposely trying to mess up the AI and that's just apparently how you play the game. It's habit for you. I have no idea how you'd play it if you couldn't.

You should literally be thanking them for every bug because without them, I think you'd be here whinging about how you couldn't handle the combat. :lol:

I don't think I ever complained about combat being too hard in any game, so why keep bringing up that argument, from the start I said that the game is way too easy to make money and abuse the AI, far easier than in most games and the only way it works properly is to stay in place and fight every enemy mano a mano, but who would be dumb enough to stay in a fight with 6-7 enemies at a time? I thought this game tried to strive for reality, where is reality of sending poor peasant Henry alone in fighting camps full of bandits? It's clearly that they half assed this game and you are too stupid to see past the eat shiting fanboy wall.

Tigranes

Arcane
Dude just keeps posting again and again and again about a game he apparently hates but keeps playing again and again and makes videos and posts all over the internet

Then mocks other people who play games they enjoy and have fun

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Lol, I just saw a guy who had titled his KCD twitch stream "Лучший симулятор маргинала" = "The best outcast simulator".

norolim

Arcane
250.000 players on Skyrim at the same time :negative:
MctMiVp.png

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Dude just keeps posting again and again and again about a game he apparently hates but keeps playing again and again and makes videos and posts all over the internet

Then mocks other people who play games they enjoy and have fun

I mock people because most of them are hypocrites, they keep bashing the mainstream industry for dumbing down the gameplay, yet they turn a blind eye to very same pile of dumbed down shit that doesn't improve or bring a single new thing to the table beside being based on reality and somehow doesn't catter to trannies and homos. Gothic had the same features 20 years ago, people did their own things, you could solve quests multiple ways, reactivity was there, but in KCD there's nothing new yet people keep saying otherwise. I would have given them a pass if the combat was acceptable but it's not,

Elex

Arbiter

If Kingdom Come Deliverance was a Fantasy RPG, it's sales would of doubled.

Normies don't want to roleplay as dirty peasants collecting brown trousers and blunt swords.
also the marketing for KCD is pretty much limited.
The marketing is basically “some streamer on twitch” and some banner around the internet.
while skyrim announcement was an hype fest started at E3.

game released the 13th?

we are at 18 and still growing.

so it’s not a “day one relase boom” but is game gaining more and more player gradually over time.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Witcher might be lower because of GOG sales, but KCD seems to be doing surprisingly well.

I mean your comparing it to 2 Top-Down "Hardcore" rpg's by Normie Standards.
I think a First Person RPG that looks this good graphically should of approached much closer to Skyrim levels of fame.

Witcher 3 I would of expected much higher actually. When did it release? Are those numbers accurate for it's release date?

If Kingdom Come Deliverance was a Fantasy RPG, it's sales would of doubled.

Normies don't want to roleplay as dirty peasants collecting brown trousers and blunt swords.
also the marketing for KCD is pretty much limited.
The marketing is basically “some streamer on twitch” and some banner around the internet.
while skyrim announcement was an hype fest started at E3.

game released the 13th?

we are at 18 and still growing.

so it’s not a “day one relase boom” but is game gaining more and more player gradually over time.

I agree but the problem would be drop off rate from the bugs / performance issues. I think you will have high turn over until the devs make alchemy tables not throw you into the sky.

Tigranes

Arcane
Sure, this game has bunky AI and isn't ever going to beat Gothic, its primary value is in a (relatively) proper medieval atmosphere and some simulationist features. But you're no Diogenes here, you're a guy covered in shit yelling that nobody else has brushed their teeth.

...not sure if it's any worse than all the obsessive tracking of player count.

sser

Arcane
Developer
So the general consensus is wait for patches? The game looks far better as an RPG than I thought it would, all those bugs and performance issues aside.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Oh look another retard. Welcome to the Thread sunshine.

So the general consensus is wait for patches? The game looks far better as an RPG than I thought it would, all those bugs and performance issues aside.

Basically yea. I would say the game has a huge potential and has some very flattering character progression / skills but needs bug fixing / polish.

:roll:

Jesus Christ man, take two minutes and do some research before you post nonsense.

Skyrim was released on 11. November 2011, Steamcharts.com however only goes back to July 2012. This "all time high" of 90,780 was recorded in April 2015; the game must have been on sale or had a free weekend or something.

Yeah, OK, I am gonna do research before posting on an internet forum. Good luck with that. :)

Everyone beat me to it.. so I will just tack on an additional "Nice try retard".

Enjoy looking like a moron.

You two seem upset (to quote old man Crispy ).

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Witcher might be lower because of GOG sales, but KCD seems to be doing surprisingly well.

I think a First Person RPG that looks this good graphically should of approached much closer to Skyrim levels of fame.

Witcher 3 I would of expected much higher actually. When did it release? Are those numbers accurate for it's release date?

Witcher 3 is an exception, because unlike the usual 90/10 split in favor of Steam for PC games, for Witcher the split is more like 50/50 between Steam and GOG.

https://gamerant.com/the-witcher-3-gog-sales-410/ said:
In total, a count of the PC users of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt tallies up to approximately 1.3 million gamers. Of those, 693,000 are playing the title using GOG Galaxy, the distribution site’s downloadable client. That means that over half of the PC users of The Witcher 3 are experiencing the game through GOG Galaxy, leaving the hugely popular Steam system in the dust.

Btw, it's a little suspicious how so many people here know exactly how many copies Skyrim sold at release day. I am proud to say I don't, cause I don't play shit like that, and was only going by SteamCharts, but apparently a lot of you are really into Bethesda games. My sincere condolences.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Yeah, OK, I am gonna do research before posting on an internet forum. Good luck with that. :)

Okay - so just to be clear. You posted retarded shit. Everyone called you a retard.
Now everyone is mad and your le master troll.

:lol: Drink Bleach.

EDIT:

Btw, it's a little suspicious how so many people here know exactly how many copies Skyrim sold at release day. I am proud to say I don't, cause I don't play shit like that, and was only going by SteamCharts, but apparently a lot of you are really into Bethesda games. My sincere condolences.

This is getting desperate. You fucked up and look stupid. Just accept it. Make another burner account.

AN4RCHID

Arcane

Divinity and Pillars are closer in terms of budget and marketing though. Witcher 3 released 2015 so the numbers should be accurate for Steam users. It's anyone's guess what the GOG numbers were though, not to mention consoles. I have a feeling Witcher would appeal more to the console crowd.

Okay - so just to be clear. You posted retarded shit. Everyone called you a retard.

I never said I trolled. And the only one mad seems to be you. Let it go bra, it's a nice game, if you don't like it, just go back to Skyrim. ;)

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Divinity and Pillars are closer in terms of budget and marketing though. Witcher 3 released 2015 so the numbers should be accurate for Steam users. It's anyone's guess what the GOG numbers were though, not to mention consoles. I have a feeling Witcher would appeal more to the console crowd.

Yea you are probably right. I think the only reason Skyrim is so PC dominant is because of the modding scene and I am sure the console sales are just as absurd.

I never said I trolled. And the only one mad seems to be you. Let it go bra, it's a nice game, if you don't like it, just go back to Skyrim. ;)

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I don't think I ever complained about combat being too hard in any game
of course you don't, because it sounds like you spend most of your time trying to game the AI so that combat will be easier.

I said that the game is way too easy to make money and abuse the AI
And yet, you repeatedly try to abuse the AI. It's not as if you are just playing normally and the AI is glitching on you, you are purposely trying to break it and then bitching when you succeed.

the only way it works properly is to stay in place and fight every enemy mano a mano
lol, untrue. again, you suck, dude.
who would be dumb enough to stay in a fight with 6-7 enemies at a time
Again with the strawman. THIS is why I keep saying that you suck at the game. Because when people ask you to play it normally, you make a strawman implying that it'd impossible or just too difficult. It's pretty rare that you're facing those numbers without some other option other than taking them all head on or kiting them off one at a time like a bitch.

Most times, you really shouldn't take on 6 or 7 enemies at a time alone. That's when you: run, hide, ambush, pick a few off with arrows before engaging the rest in combat. Maybe you can return at night and catch them off guard. Maybe you steal their gear. Or maybe you just shouldn't take them on at all.

You shouldn't be comfortable going into a 6 or 7 on 1 battle. Who would think the game is broken because that's not viable within the combat system?
where is reality of sending poor peasant Henry alone in fighting camps full of bandits?
I don't know where that reality is. Because you're only sent to scout that camp. You later return with an small army at your side.
It's clearly that they half assed this game and you are too stupid to see past the eat shiting fanboy wall.
It's "clearly" that you just can't hack the combat, look for ways to trick the AI and then come here to blubber about it when you succeed. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom