Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
kcd-geoviktw.png
One in five players of this "eurojank" is from the US. What do you know... :D
On a per-capita basis, sales in the United States are well below sales in Germany, the United Kingdom, Canada (perhaps relatively more Czechs settled in Canada?), the Czech Republic (obviously), Australia (as with Canada?), Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Belgium, Finland, Austria, Switzerland, New Zealand, and Ireland.

US per-capita sales are about the same as in Russia, France, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Hungary (perhaps not fond of being villains), and Slovakia (no love for their Czech brothers)

US per-capita sales are well above China (obviously), Spain, Italy, Brazil (obviously), Poland (!, not supporting their Slavic brethren), Japan (obviously), Ukraine (very different from Russia), South Korea (obviously), South Africa (obviously), and Argentina (obviously).

A few countries have strange discrepancies in their share of players relative to their share of owners (e.g. Austria, Hungary).

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
The bow really is kinda overpowered, I just ended the boss fight with Runt in 2 seconds with a single arrow to his face. The damn cutscenes before and after took like 40x more time than the fight itself.:decline:

Parabalus

Arcane
That plot twist in the MQ:

The bow really is kinda overpowered, I just ended the boss fight with Runt in 2 seconds with a single arrow to his face. The damn cutscenes before and after took like 40x more time than the fight itself.:decline:

Piercing arrows are just broken, best to avoid them.

Volken

Scholar

I didn't know that medieval simulators had boss fights... Which ancient HEMA manual describess those "bosses"?

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
That plot twist in the MQ:

Piercing arrows are just broken, best to avoid them.

Every arrow is broken, what mattters the most is to head shot or their legs which most of the time are unprotected.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

So now it's my fault that the game is a pile of coded shit and I should play the only ''way it meant to be played'' and that's by taking on 20 enemies at a time unnarmed
Pretty sure that's not the way you're supposed to play it either...

I was responding to you talking about taking an hour to lure away enemies one at a time - which is blatantly trying to game the AI and not at all unique to this game.

I said before that if your arrow trick (which again, I couldn't get to work) does work, then it should be fixed. I think any and all AI bugs should be fixed.

But after they do fix them, given that you think that normal combat amounts to fighting 20 enemies unarmed, how will someone like you be able to win? :M

vonAchdorf

Arcane
We have bypassed Skyrim and are approaching GTA V level of peak concurrent players:

This game is exploding beyond exploding. I'm mean....in concurrent players it's doing better than Skyrim ever has. Fucking Skyrim. Wtf is going on?

Btw where do you get these stats? Is it directly on Steam? My dumb ass can't find it.

steamcharts.com

The Skyrim number is off tough, because their numbers start in July of 2012, well after the release of Skyrim.

Elex

Arbiter
The game is at 95k concurrent players on steam.
where is your Todd now??!
Yeah the game just has "something". It's not great on anything imo ,except maybe the music and sound in general

Music, sound, environment design, writing, characters, plot, cutscenes, systems. Hopefully the AI will be great in a year or so, right now it's a fun space full of potential. Bugs and glitches will be gone eventually, they're not even an issue in the grand scheme of things.

Shitty things that'll remain shitty - most of the NPCs will always looks ugly and most of the lipsync and animation will stay stuck in 2005. Some of the shockingly ugly low-res textures and assets due to meagre console RAM. Bud most importantly - due to Vavra's pigheadedness the game will always stay in 1st person. When I imagine what Warhorse could've done with a third person realistic sword combat I'm getting hard.
Hey that's actually really correct. The game would improve a lot in third person, I agree
someone will mod it, i’m sure

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
steamcharts.com

The Skyrim number is off tough, because their numbers start in July of 2012, well after the release of Skyrim.

Thanks.

Ad Skyrim - yeah, true. Also 6 years ago Steam probably had half the active accounts it has now. But it's still pretty incredible.

Elex

Arbiter

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
So now it's my fault that the game is a pile of coded shit and I should play the only ''way it meant to be played'' and that's by taking on 20 enemies at a time unnarmed
Pretty sure that's not the way you're supposed to play it either...

I was responding to you talking about taking an hour to lure away enemies one at a time - which is blatantly trying to game the AI and not at all unique to this game.

I said before that if your arrow trick (which again, I couldn't get to work) does work, then it should be fixed. I think any and all AI bugs should be fixed.

But after they do fix them, given that you think that normal combat amounts to fighting 20 enemies unarmed, how will someone like you be able to win? :M

I don't think you understand how Cryengine work, there's no fixing AI ever, modders have tried for years to improve Crysis and it's AI is still one of the worst out there. Things will improve but the AI will 99% stay the same, if Crytek couldn't improve their own games on their own engine, I'm pretty sure Warhorse is not going to do shit about it.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

rabid fans defending every single flaw
I haven't paid any attention to it until now. I literally saw it in my Steam recommendations, bought it and came here to post about what I liked/didn't like.

The only reason I'm taking issue with your criticism is because you're purposely trying to mess up the AI and that's just apparently how you play the game. It's habit for you. I have no idea how you'd play it if you couldn't.

You should literally be thanking them for every bug because without them, I think you'd be here whinging about how you couldn't handle the combat. :lol:

Seethe

Arbiter
We have bypassed Skyrim and are approaching GTA V level of peak concurrent players:

This game is exploding beyond exploding. I'm mean....in concurrent players it's doing better than Skyrim ever has. Fucking Skyrim. Wtf is going on?

What is going on? It's the only game of this niche, pretty much, which is a shameful waste of potential. That's why the horrid bugs, bad mechanics, and also the fact that the game is 70% cutscenes (add the 5 second animations for throwing plants in the alchemy pot to that) and 30% gameplay, are all getting a pass and the game got away with it. Did you see the ending? It's realistic alright, realistically boring. Aside of the 30 men """"siege"""" that is. :D

This only made me want Bannerlord harder.

Renfri

Cipher
After 20+ hours, I chose to uninstall and start again someday, when performance and most bugs have been solved.

Mortmal

Arcane

There's no a single new AAA game worth playing , nothing was published since ages . Steam is flooded with shitty games , even discounted at 80% they are still shitty games no one is interested in . Kingdom come has absolutely no competition , a perfect timing.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
BTW, has anyone noticed that you can spar with Bernard and he can take from your health, but then to heal yourself all you need to do is approach him again and ask him to train you in combos. At the beginning of combo training you are fully healed, and after it ends, you are free to go fully healed.

You are wrong ,France was not invaded, those nice people were invited in by our democraticaly elected leaders the few last decades. It's the sovereign will of the people as proven multiple time by elections , people thirsty for diversity and enrichment. Not invaders but honored guests, thats why we treat them better than our own, retired people or unemployed ones.Pro tip, if you want to start some refugee protection association or business in France you will be drowning in cash and flooded by subsidies.Also young cuties will come help for free.
It's also worth mentioning that these "guests" are an important voter base with the demographic weight enough to elect MPs and affect presidential elections.

On a per-capita basis, sales in the United States are well below sales in Germany, the United Kingdom, Canada (perhaps relatively more Czechs settled in Canada?), the Czech Republic (obviously), Australia (as with Canada?), Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Belgium, Finland, Austria, Switzerland, New Zealand, and Ireland.

US per-capita sales are about the same as in Russia, France, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Hungary (perhaps not fond of being villains), and Slovakia (no love for their Czech brothers)

US per-capita sales are well above China (obviously), Spain, Italy, Brazil (obviously), Poland (!, not supporting their Slavic brethren), Japan (obviously), Ukraine (very different from Russia), South Korea (obviously), South Africa (obviously), and Argentina (obviously).

A few countries have strange discrepancies in their share of players relative to their share of owners (e.g. Austria, Hungary).
That's all cool, but doesn't change the fact I've pointed out, as I wasn't talking about per-capita players. The majority of all players and admirers of "eurojank" is not "euro-".

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Kingdom come has absolutely no competition

I can agree with that :smug:

Jesus Christ man, take two minutes and do some research before you post nonsense.

Skyrim was released on 11. November 2011, Steamcharts.com however only goes back to July 2012. This "all time high" of 90,780 was recorded in April 2015; the game must have been on sale or had a free weekend or something.

Still doing better than the isometric Codex GOTY :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom