Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

KateMicucci

Arcane
Installing windows 10 fixed my performance, got my bluetooth headphones to finally start working, cured my autism and got me a qt gf.

There are still mini-freezes when walking through Rattay but it's about 25% of what it was.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
In addition to this, one can simply kill the related NPCs. It's very bold of Warhorse to tie such a significant quest to a character who is probably the first one many players kill right after the tutorial

why would you kill him, you can even pay the guy? (and its not much). Or choke him out. Players that kill everyone in sight deserve to be punished.
I didn't even saw him,just dug the grave and the came to the conclusion that he have the ring,sneaked around,picklokced a few chests and got the ring. Don't know why people decided to kill him for no reason.

Does anyone know a way to fix the reputation??? Villagers do hate me in their guts for no reason,even in towns that haven't done anything criminal.....even the dead people of my own village hate me.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
In addition to this, one can simply kill the related NPCs. It's very bold of Warhorse to tie such a significant quest to a character who is probably the first one many players kill right after the tutorial

why would you kill him, you can even pay the guy? (and its not much). Or choke him out. Players that kill everyone in sight deserve to be punished.
I didn't even saw him,just dug the grave and the came to the conclusion that he have the ring,sneaked around,picklokced a few chests and got the ring. Don't know why people decided to kill him for no reason.

Does anyone know a way to fix the reputation??? Villagers do hate me in their guts for no reason,even in towns that haven't done anything criminal.....even the dead people of my own village hate me.

I beat him up and took his key, I don't know why anyone would go in intending to kill him.

Unless they're RPing a complete psycho, then fair enough I guess.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh yeah, noticed some discrepancy in henry's character when dealing with the miller thieving quest.

Like he is always a good boy even though in the end he joined. I dunno. He isn't as much as a blank as i like, which i dont mind. Only this time it create a dissonace between player choice and Henry.

Tigranes

Arcane
Some thoughts about game:

-Setting is nice and areas look pretty, forest are best I've seen in games.
-Buggy and poorly optimized (freezes and sound issues), I google'd some issues and they were few years old and still in game.
-Game forces you into fights even though you are able to build stealthy/speech guy, some of these are quite unfair, AKA getting shot by random arrow which makes you bleed etc.

Wait for sale/patching

#2 is true, #3 is not, unless you wanted a pacifist 'persuade everyone' playthrough.

It's pretty much a given that a medieval peasant turned knight errant sent on all sorts of missions is going to get into fights, and there aren't any fights where you "randomly" get fucked.

Tigranes

Arcane
After a long while of no real bugs, I've started to find some annoying ones, mostly around Sasau sidequests.

Has anyone dealt with the arc where the Skalitz survivor healing lady wants you to find a priest?

Johanka wants you to find Father Simon, you go up to Rovna, everyone's dead except one villager who explains their own need for a priest, and now I'm on a different quest to find the Skalitz priest, who of course is in Sasau, but he refuses to talk to me, so I'm not sure what the hell is going on and how to solve either of the priest-hunts.

The dude in Rovna will tell you where to find Father Simon. Once you find him and convince him to come back to Rovna you can also ask him for the recipie

But... (re. Father Simon)

I think I answered 'wrongly' in that dialogue, hence instead of looking for Simon the quest has me look for Skalitz Priest in Sasau. So the Johanka quest is stuck on 'Find father Simon' with the marker on the Rovna villager who won't talk to me anymore, and the villager's own quest is stuck on the Sasau priest who won't talk to me. Can you tell me where Simon is, and maybe I can jig things up that way?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hahahahahaha dragonul09 is going full retard on the steam discussions.
Screenshot_2018_2_18_This_game_has_the_worst_AI_in_history_and_the_rabid_fanboys_are_defending_it_to_death_videos_included.png

The poor fuck won't stop his jihad against the game. Vavra must have really fucked up his feelz. At least use a real problem you little cunt!

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Screenshot_2018_2_18_This_game_has_the_worst_AI_in_history_and_the_rabid_fanboys_are_defending_it_to_death_videos_included.png

The poor fuck won't stop his jihad against the game. Vavra must have really fucked up his feelz. At least use a real problem you little cunt!

Are you saying basic AI in a game is not an important consideration? You have a Thief avatar. The guards in Thief, a game made two decades ago, have more realistic responses than the guards in this game.

Shadenuat

Arcane
The guards in Thief, a game made two decades ago, have more realistic responses than the guards in this game.
You're talking about old game where you could club every guard trying to search for first clubbed guard, then put all of their 20 bodies in one room and lock them there. And it was a level-based game without friendly NPCs.

The AI is retarded but not out of boundaries of what is tolerable in a big game like this.

Renfri

Cipher
#2 is true, #3 is not, unless you wanted a pacifist 'persuade everyone' playthrough.

It's pretty much a given that a medieval peasant turned knight errant sent on all sorts of missions is going to get into fights, and there aren't any fights where you "randomly" get fucked.

I guess, for example bandit camp fight never happened :roll:

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
After a long while of no real bugs, I've started to find some annoying ones, mostly around Sasau sidequests.

Has anyone dealt with the arc where the Skalitz survivor healing lady wants you to find a priest?

Johanka wants you to find Father Simon, you go up to Rovna, everyone's dead except one villager who explains their own need for a priest, and now I'm on a different quest to find the Skalitz priest, who of course is in Sasau, but he refuses to talk to me, so I'm not sure what the hell is going on and how to solve either of the priest-hunts.

The dude in Rovna will tell you where to find Father Simon. Once you find him and convince him to come back to Rovna you can also ask him for the recipie

But... (re. Father Simon)

I think I answered 'wrongly' in that dialogue, hence instead of looking for Simon the quest has me look for Skalitz Priest in Sasau. So the Johanka quest is stuck on 'Find father Simon' with the marker on the Rovna villager who won't talk to me anymore, and the villager's own quest is stuck on the Sasau priest who won't talk to me. Can you tell me where Simon is, and maybe I can jig things up that way?

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

Are you saying basic AI in a game is not an important consideration? You have a Thief avatar. The guards in Thief, a game made two decades ago, have more realistic responses than the guards in this game.

It doesn't seem to matter for them, what they want is a pretty world and some nicely made cutscenes and it's the best game ever, fuck the actual gameplay, who needs that when you can complete a fetch quest for a peasant in multiple ways, that's the real deal. Who needs actual gameplay when you can watch peasants go to work and then to sleep, that's what gaming should be about, just summon your inner peasant and immerse yourself.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
The guards in Thief, a game made two decades ago, have more realistic responses than the guards in this game.
You're talking about old game where you could club every guard trying to search for first clubbed guard, then put all of their 20 bodies in one room and lock them there. And it was a level-based game without friendly NPCs.

The AI is retarded but not out of boundaries of what is tolerable in a big game like this.

I'm talking about the old game where, when guards saw a knocked out or dead guard on the floor they would react to it and raise an alarm then commence searching for the culprit. The game made 20 years ago.

Mortmal

Arcane

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Have you played the game? I am not trying to find way around the the retarded reputation system while playing the game and alt tag to the codex. I am not saying that the AI is good,i am saying that the cunt is lying trough its teeth like a fucking gypsy.Those things are impossible in the game,most npcs are really fast and i got my archery ass handled by assholes 50 meters away running like devils with their maces. You can't do circles around them and supposedly headshot them. Go on try it in the game,i challenge you.

Volken

Scholar

"Tolerable in a big game like this" and that's the problem. I would rather play smaller scope game with properly working systems than robust buggy mess with filler content. I just can't enjoy games with broken AI, wonky combat mechanics but semi-passable plot. I would rather read a book than waste time on a shitty medieval simulator. People on steam forums who beat the game boast about it like it was some kind of intellectual challenge for them, lol. They probably never played a proper roguelike.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'll probably wait until the game is less bugged and I'm less broke.
I wouldn't say it's very bugged, but then again I am playing slowly and with understanding towards the developers' intentions. Maybe I haven't reached bugged locations or quests yet.

How the fuck do I make the citizens of Rattay not hate me (currently at -100 rep)? I don't know what I did to anger them. Maybe it's because I killed the executioner in the quest to get the ring? But how would they even know that, no one has commented on the fact that he hasn't showed up for 3 days and everyone keeps talking as if he's still alive. I can't take any quests in Rattay because they tell me to fuck off and I can't trade with anyone because they tell me to fuck off too. Same for getting a simple bed in the village. This is too much like real life and it's getting annoying.
It is possible that killing the executioner sets the townsfolk against you. I've had one attempt at the quest where I took him down non-lethally, and they still found out. I suspect there had been a glitch and he had "seen" me taking him down, and later when he regained consciousness (in this game they do), he reported me to the guards. On my second attempt however, I took him down and no one ever knew. My reputation in Rattay remained good.

23716.jpg

maybe you should stick to vine and water arrows.
Better with fire arrows, they don't fly in an arc.

I think it's all easily explained, Dragonul is from Romania, probably a lazy Moldovan from Iasi.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

"Tolerable in a big game like this" and that's the problem. I would rather play smaller scope game with properly working systems than robust buggy mess with filler content. I just can't enjoy games with broken AI, wonky combat mechanics but semi-passable plot. I would rather read a book than waste time on a shitty medieval simulator. People on steam forums who beat the game boast about it like it was some kind of intellectual challenge for them, lol.

And this trend will continue, this is what we should expect from the new generation of games, shitty open world games easily exploitable with little to no challenge and of course every single one of them will come with it's own little community of rabid fans defending every single flaw and preach like Jesus Christ just shot a big load down their throat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom