Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Man... after playing some more the unavoidable master shit stuff is ruining the combat for me. I loved the combat in the first couple of hours, but now every fight is the same. I try to take a swing, the game slow down for the eleventh billion time and that damn futuristic sound plays. It fucks with the flow, and not being able to block screws everything up. Why have this stuff? Does Mount & Blade have any avoidable attacks? Nope. Also funny that every town guard is a master fencer...

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Man... after playing some more the unavoidable master shit stuff is ruining the combat for me. I loved the combat in the first couple of hours, but now every fight is the same. I try to take a swing, the game slow down for the eleventh billion time and that damn futuristic sound plays. It fucks with the flow, and not being able to block screws everything up. Why have this stuff? Does Mount & Blade have any avoidable attacks? Nope. Also funny that every town guard is a master fencer...

Yeah, the combat system is a rather mixed bag even at it's best.

FWIW you want to either wait for them to attack and riposte them, then (if you stats are high enough that you can attack fast-ish) get in a strike of your own, then you just keep striking.
Or you wait until they miss you with an attack (stay at the edge of their range, you don't need to dodge as such, just move normally or maybe even unlocked with shift, then target after they miss) and then get in and strike.
But yeah, the slowmo-parry/riposte stuff sucks and feels completely unnecessary. That being said, most of them have a slow enough follow-up strike that you can actually block it if your stats are decent enough.

Group combat also looks goofy as hell. I don't think the a.i. can really handle it very well...

Nael

Arcane
uRMJMZQ.png

SO PROBLEMATIC.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So in my very slow playthrough...First quest after the whole prologue:
Miller tells me get ring from dug body, care of the executioner. I arrive there, talk to executioner, he tells me he has the ring, offers it to me for a few moneys....and my dude say "no thanks im not interested". Wtf? Why are you not interested??? I AM INTERESTED! Dialog ends and I cant speak to him again.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Yeah, the combat system is a rather mixed bag even at it's best.

FWIW you want to either wait for them to attack and riposte them, then (if you stats are high enough that you can attack fast-ish) get in a strike of your own, then you just keep striking.
Or you wait until they miss you with an attack (stay at the edge of their range, you don't need to dodge as such, just move normally or maybe even unlocked with shift, then target after they miss) and then get in and strike.
But yeah, the slowmo-parry/riposte stuff sucks and feels completely unnecessary. That being said, most of them have a slow enough follow-up strike that you can actually block it if your stats are decent enough.

Group combat also looks goofy as hell. I don't think the a.i. can really handle it very well...
Yeah riposte is shit,especially when you get some asshole that follows up with a three four fast hits,you can block the first but the next few are fucking you up. Does the enemy skill level rises with your level?

Miller tells me get ring from dug body, care of the executioner. I arrive there, talk to executioner, he tells me he has the ring, offers it to me for a few moneys....and my dude say "no thanks im not interested". Wtf? Why are you not interested??? I AM INTERESTED! Dialog ends and I cant speak to him again.
You can steal it,it is in a chest in the barn if i remember correctly.

Vicar

Cipher
Patron
Not too sure but I think he says this when you have insufficient coin?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
I thought that might be it but still its bad design since the dude doesn't even say an amount...

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
I thought that might be it but still its bad design since the dude doesn't even say an amount...

15 groschen. You’re better off distracting him and stealing the ring.

Or you can feed the dogs meat and sneak in at night if your speech isn’t high enough to fake him out. The ring is in an easy locked chest inside his house, but he also has some nice stuff locked in a chest in the barn that’s easier to get to.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

15 groschen. You’re better off distracting him and stealing the ring.

Or you can feed the dogs meat and sneak in at night if your speech isn’t high enough to fake him out. The ring is in an easy locked chest inside his house, but he also has some nice stuff locked in a chest in the barn that’s easier to get to.
No need for any of this mate,just run there sneak near the chest and picklock it. It was in he barn from what i remember. Stealing is better during the day,strangely.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands

I tricked the guy into to going to see the Miller and then stole it from his chest is hike he was away.

kalganoat

Savant
Just beat the game and it's incomplete, missing an ending. They probably ran out of money and time.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
If you suck at lockpicking like me, you can
choke him out and take his key. Several days later you gonna get notified by a guard in Rattay that he's looking for somebody who took his shit.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
I made a really good first impression on the Samopesh villagers as I ran after some guy and proceeded to punch him in the face with my gauntlets. I thought he was a thief, as I heard someone yell he got robbed, but it turned out he was the victim who was running after the thief. Result? An 80 groschen fine from the local catchpole and the thief got away. Worth it for the laughs alone.
:yeah:

Paul_cz

Arcane
Do you know what exactly win10 does that fixed the freezing for you?

And yeah, I guess I should upgrade as well at some point, but this is the worst possible time for that...

Afaik it has significantly better memory management. I had the same issue in Witcher 3, in Novigrad on Windows 7 64 the game stuttered like a motherfucker. After upgrading to 10, with all hardware being the same, I got smooth 60 with zero drops and stutters.

Tigranes

Arcane
After a long while of no real bugs, I've started to find some annoying ones, mostly around Sasau sidequests.

Has anyone dealt with the arc where the Skalitz survivor healing lady wants you to find a priest?

Johanka wants you to find Father Simon, you go up to Rovna, everyone's dead except one villager who explains their own need for a priest, and now I'm on a different quest to find the Skalitz priest, who of course is in Sasau, but he refuses to talk to me, so I'm not sure what the hell is going on and how to solve either of the priest-hunts.

Also, re. Rattay water-carriers:

I agreed to the 'deals' for various refugees, then made my recommendations to the Bailiff, and then took a long time to sort out the cook. I told the Bailiff about my water carrier decisions early, then the cook later, to complete the quest. Now the Bailiff has no special reward or follow-up, though he seems to have a new quest lined up that he won't give me because he saw me sneaking around before or whatnot. Anyway, I see some of the water-carriers out and about town, but there's no way to follow up on my deals with them, either?

Nael

Arcane
I have been trying to think of what this game reminds me of and it finally hit me... It's like a more open-ended, medieval version of ARMA 2.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
After a long while of no real bugs, I've started to find some annoying ones, mostly around Sasau sidequests.

Has anyone dealt with the arc where the Skalitz survivor healing lady wants you to find a priest?

Johanka wants you to find Father Simon, you go up to Rovna, everyone's dead except one villager who explains their own need for a priest, and now I'm on a different quest to find the Skalitz priest, who of course is in Sasau, but he refuses to talk to me, so I'm not sure what the hell is going on and how to solve either of the priest-hunts.

The dude in Rovna will tell you where to find Father Simon. Once you find him and convince him to come back to Rovna you can also ask him for the recipie

CarlosDanger

Novice
Anybody that is looking for Belladonna for Savior Schnapps.
There is a garden of it guarded by three or four bandits in the forest between Rovna and Talmberg. The place is called "Woodland Garden" on the map. The garden has 40 or 50 Belladonna and shitload of other plants you can collect as well.

The plants respawn but I'm not sure how long it takes.

I ran into my first significant bug today during the hunt quest with Lord Capon. After the hare part he shot the boar, it ran away and he said 'get on the horse', but there was a short loading screen and I was still on my feet when he fucked off into the distance on horseback. I was overburdened with hare meat and therefore couldn't keep close to him. However, after looking for him for a little bit, the game informed me that I had successfully killed the Cuman that took Capon hostage (wtf, I never even saw a Cuman, I was in the middle of the woods with nothing around me). I finally get to the camp and see the guy tied up, untie him and cut straight to a cutscene of us arriving back in town. That was anticlimactic as fuck. The game must be full of scripting errors like this, some weird shit happened in the following quest (finding Ginger and the bandit stuff) where some things happened out of sequence.

Doesn't bother me too much, though. Still greatly enjoying the game, even the small things like hunting feel so rewarding once you get the hang of it. 15 hours in and taking it slow.

Last edited:

Abhay

Augur
It has been over 48 hours of playing this game non stop, and my first impressions are that this game is the best RPG to come out in a long, long time. Totally satisfied with what Vavra and his team has offered here. Complaints regarding the bugs, and stuff not running properly has not affected my playthrough, so far. Only a couple of crashes, but that was a problem before patching the game. Right now, the game runs very smoothly although I'm playing @ 40 fps stable, 1920x1080 with custom settings for overall image quality.
The intro did put me off initially, thinking of another cutscene heavy with little gameplay or freedom approach, but after you have passed through the beginning, slow start, the game opens up considerably later. There are still cutscenes present for the obvious story purposes, but it hasn't affected the gameplay in any major way that I feared initially. It's quite old school when it comes to gameplay. Not Skyrim trash at all. That's a big change, and very good one.
Also, I don't think a lot of the mechanics of the game could be considered "realistic" more than "fitting" for the setting and more importantly, the protagonist personality. So, I don't get why many reviewers are trying to make KCD look like some hardcore Uber realistic game. Warhorse seems to inject some amount of believability to those mechanics w/o them being too silly, or inconsistent with the games theme. If you apply some thought and play patiently, planning your approach beforehand then even the saving system doesn't seem as annoying as the reviewers seem to suggest.

Playing in Skyrim style won't work for the kind of game KCD is. The graphics, the open world design, the NPCs, the features, and the rest of the stuff are absolutely fine, with nothing serious to bitch about.

The only complaint I have is how empty the open world feels for the most part. There is a lot of scope to expand the possibilities for filling up those empty spaces with more interesting content. Hunting is way too average, nothing special just okay. It should be improved further. Lastly, the NPCs seem to not have much to say, other than generic responses for the most part.

It's a fun game nonetheless and definitely worth buying for any serious rpg fan.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Dumb question: does the perk Et Tu Brute work when I tackle someone (while they're running away) with sword?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom