Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Just encountered a nasty bug in the House of God side quest :(

Everything goes fine until near the end of the quest
when I find and kill Zmola
and then after that load times are EXTREMELY long, like 5x longer than normal, and am unable to save. I tried fast travelling to the rattay mill and sleeping, and it just hangs indefinitely after the clock stops.. I tried using a savior schnapps immediately after the aforementioned spoiler as well and it just hung on the pause screen until I alt-f4'd

Smejki pls
I am on the same quest mate,just wrote about the rep bug,found it because of the quest.
You can find the guy before you go and wait under the scaffolding. He is in the miller house,in the attic.Chose to take him to the overseer.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It’s like you’re halfway mounting, but you can’t get on or get off.
:updatedmytxt:
Oh boy...
Endless innuendos

But no, never had that happen. Only thing that happend a few times was that the whistle played even though Pebbles was standing right next to me

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Brother Godwin's quest is fantastic. Treat yourself and pay him a visit in Uzhitz.
Does your rep looks something like this after completing his quest and the side quest about the witches?
551.png

Is it something with to that makes quest give negative rep or is the game royally fucked up?

PS:Yeah,it is great a quest,great human writing. I haven't laugh that much in a game.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I did the quest and didn't get any negating rep. Did you screw up the sermon? No idea what else could have caused it.
Or are you playing a pirated version? Maybe it's some cheeky copy protection.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Game will run perfectly at 60 FPS but only if I stand still. As soon as I start walking it starts mini-freezing.
Hmm... Try CPU overclock and/or Windows 10.

I'll second this. Game seems very CPU intensive. I jumped from High settings and 20-40 FPSthat was yanky and all over the place to Ultra and 60 FPS steady when I OC'd from 3.6ghz to 4.2ghz

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Haha. WorthABuy is so impressed he just did a second video on it.

I'm of the opinion that a lot of those people do in fact understand what a good game is, they are just more tolerant of popamole trash than we are. But when incline comes their way they may get as excited as we did back when incline was the norm.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Piercer is insane. All I do is just stab people. I took out a Cuman with a single stab and another with 2.

I got the boss with one stab to the face. Very anti-climatic after all those cutscenes.
Wait, do you mean you're all the way through the game already, or...?

Gotta say though, the way you become totally overpowered after a while kind of sucks.

How'd you stab him in the face, anyway? Thrusts only seem to go center mass for me, what am I missing?

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Unibrow guy shows up a little too often, but it's hard to complain about sameface after enduring The Witcher 1.
I'm getting awful performance

What are your specs?

I managed to increase my fps a good bit with some tweaks to the texture streaming, ram and hdd stuff in a custom user.cfg plus a few select changes to the advanced graphics settings (probably the least important part though).

Often the game runs at a solid 60fps but it still gets drops every now and again, esp. in cities. Nothing too bad usually... I wonder if it's even graphics related at all. Prolly more under-the-hood a.i. stuff or something.
Win7 x64, 16gig ram, R9 380, i5-2500k @3.30GHz

Game will run perfectly at 60 FPS but only if I stand still. As soon as I start walking it starts mini-freezing.

I was going to tell you what I did to fix that, but now I'm suddenly getting it again fml

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Piercer is insane. All I do is just stab people. I took out a Cuman with a single stab and another with 2.

I got the boss with one stab to the face. Very anti-climatic after all those cutscenes.

Gotta say though, the way you become totally overpowered after a while kind of sucks.

How'd you stab him in the face, anyway? Thrusts only seem to go center mass for me, what am I missing?

The Runt fella. I stabbed him in his unprotected face and the fight ended and a new cutscene took place

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
I'm assuming they ran out of time to balance aspects of polearm implementation. Whether perks, usage, itemization etc; who knows?
My guess is that polearms are OP. The stab attack itself is pretty easy as it is on a sword. On a polearm, where you can safely attack from a distance, I'd imagine you could just walk around all day poking people to death and no one could touch you. Poke, run, poke again.

You wouldn't even have to glitch the AI like dragonul09 to take advantage of it.

Nah, a.i. will parry or parry+riposte you a lot, unless you attack them before they've recovered from one of their swing anims or some such.
Haven't tried the spear yet (i want to know if the fighting style is different or if you use it like a halberd, that'd be weird).

Also, I can't seem to get polearms from the barrels in the armories, have to find them on the road from bandits etc.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

The Runt fella. I stabbed him in his unprotected face and the fight ended and a new cutscene took place

Ah ok. But... How did you direct the thrust towards the face? The game auto-aim's them at the chest for me...
This drove me crazy when you first fight that certain character with his lack of a helmet... I couldn't land a swing/cut, but stabbed him repeatedly... Just couldn't direct the stabs upwards.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm of the opinion that a lot of those people do in fact understand what a good game is, they are just more tolerant of popamole trash than we are. But when incline comes their way they may get as excited as we did back when incline was the norm.

Also fuck dissing all millenials like they're a blob. A lot of them are retarded simply because they don't know any better. The've been fed a steady diet of AAA pigshit since they were born. My 15 yo nephew had been playing only Assassin's Creed and Far Cry and suddenly he's excitedly telling me, all flushed red cheeks and a sparkle in his eye, that he came across this bizarre game called "Legends of Grimrock" and it completely open his eyes to what gaming can be. I've pointed him to GoG and now he's playing Lands of Lore and absolutely loving it.

It's up to us veterans to bring our younger colleagues into the light of the past.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm not sure either, I have tried to direct the stabs, but that was the only time I managed to stab the face. Nonetheless with that sword you can take down any man with a stab regardless where it hits.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I did the quest and didn't get any negating rep. Did you screw up the sermon? No idea what else could have caused it.
Or are you playing a pirated version? Maybe it's some cheeky copy protection.
It seems that it is not the quest,i just waited a little bit in a corner and the villagers reputation drained. I saw that at every town with a negative rep is because of the villagers. I yeah it is a pirated version,but i doubt it that it is a drm,too specific and does not prevent you from playing.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

It doesn’t exactly autoaim them at the chest, although it will default there if you don’t change the direction. I use a gamepad for combat and as long as I keep the right stick pushed up, the thrust will go right at the enemy’s face. Just like you’d do to slash from over your head. I think the difference is that you have to keep pushing up for the thrust to go up rather than going for center mass.

As for becoming overpowered, I thought this would be a problem, with combat initially seeming trivial after I got myself fully kitted out in fancy plate. But then I ran into some higher level bandits in plate while exploring—two were equipped nearly as well as I was with a third poorly equipped scrub as an archer. Those fuckers owned me the first time, and the second and the third. Praise Jesus for savior schnapps.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

It doesn’t exactly autoaim them at the chest, although it will default there if you don’t change the direction. I use a gamepad for combat and as long as I keep the right stick pushed up, the thrust will go right at the enemy’s face. Just like you’d do to slash from over your head. I think the difference is that you have to keep pushing up for the thrust to go up rather than going for center mass.

As for becoming overpowered, I thought this would be a problem, with combat initially seeming trivial after I got myself fully kitted out in fancy plate. But then I ran into some higher level bandits in plate while exploring—two were equipped nearly as well as I was with a third poorly equipped scrub as an archer. Those fuckers owned me the first time, and the second and the third. Praise Jesus for savior schnapps.
Are they the one near the monastery? I had to sneak kill those fuckers,real pain in the ass. Another thing i noticed is that high agility assholes are increadably tough to kill with all the dogging and ripostes. I got my ass handed by some no-armour guy with a fancy weapon,couldn't even hit him. Still it is fun to sneak naked and stab them in the back :obviously:.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Btw if I search "KCD" on Youtube, time sorted, half of the links are Russian. Anyone speaks Ruskye here? What is the general take on the game in the Putin's Empire?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Are they the one near the monastery? I had to sneak kill those fuckers,real pain in the ass. Another thing i noticed is that high agility assholes are increadably tough to kill with all the dogging and ripostes. I got my ass handed by some no-armour guy with a fancy weapon,couldn't even hit him. Still it is fun to sneak naked and stab them in the back :obviously:.

They were sort of in the middle of nowhere, but closer to Sasau than any other inhabited town. I decided to wait until someone offered my a quest to kill them. Then maybe I’ll go in at night or use a bow if I still can’t finish them off, but for now I’m going for less backstabbing and more frontstabbing.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

Ah, thanks. Playing with a mouse would I have to keep moving it upwards, or is it enough if you have the upwards facing arrow activated like on an overhead swing? Mh. Guess I'll find out.

I'm more talking about the stats as well as having a warhammer or a good mace... Guys in full plate just melt on regular left/right/l/r/l/r/l/r swings unless they parry/riposte you. Maybe there are stronger ones later on, idk.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

They were sort of in the middle of nowhere, but closer to Sasau than any other inhabited town. I decided to wait until someone offered my a quest to kill them. Then maybe I’ll go in at night or use a bow if I still can’t finish them off, but for now I’m going for less backstabbing and more frontstabbing.
Yeah they are the same assholes. I wasted an hour in real time(and a day in game time) trying to kill them,successfully may i add :smug:. The two well armed assholes had to sneak kill,the rest 5 guy i jumped them,fastly smacked the annoying archers and then got the melee guys. The two peasants were easy,the noble was a really agile asshole it took a lot of time to kill him. It was really fun challenge,i did used a lot Slav cursing during that hour.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom