Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This game looks like it has huge potential but feels like a buggy and lifeless corpse of a game.
I'm waiting to see how patching goes.

Sounds like you haven't played the game. I don't now why everyone keeps claiming that the game is buggy. It really isn't that bad. In 30 hrs the only bug I encountered was a clipping issue during a cutscene. Compare that to old PB titles or Bethesda Shit and the game is positively polished. The only issues are crappy FPS and stuttering in Rattay. If the performance gets tuned a bit it is perfectly fine.

I think a lot of the bad impressions stem from the god awful Prologue. Everything afterwards is Incline. Provided you are willing to make your own adventure and LARP like a good little autist.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Smejki for some reason the game messes up with my monitor brightness and my screen is very bright even after I exit the game. How come? It goes to a point where artifacts start popping up and everything looks horrible. I play in borderless windowed mode, but switching to fullscreen has no effect. The only way to get rid of it is to reboot.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Smejki for some reason the game messes up with my monitor brightness and my screen is very bright even after I exit the game. How come? It goes to a point where artifacts start popping up and everything looks horrible. I play in borderless windowed mode, but switching to fullscreen has no effect. The only way to get rid of it is to reboot.
That's because the game is shitily programmed and it changes your LCD settings.

Mess with LCD setting that's genius men. It's nearly the Stalker level where developers introduced slow save corrupting bug which persisted three patches in the row, patches which were supposed to remove it.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why so much butthurt over the save system? It is even infecting the Codex.. wtf? go sleep in your bed, get a full spa treatment or drink a fackin' savior schnapps.. you can brew them easily enough..

Are you in-between quests and want to save? fast travel to a bath/lodgings/your abode.. save
Are you in the middle of a quest or don't want to travel far? use a schnapps..

if you are out of schnapps that is your own damn fault! a boy scout is always prepared!

the only negative thing is if the game crashes and that is unfortunate but has nothing to do with how saves work.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Why so much butthurt over the save system? It is even infecting the Codex.. wtf? go sleep in your bed, get a full spa treatment or drink a fackin' savior schnapps.. you can brew them easily enough..

Are you in-between quests and want to save? fast travel to a bath/lodgings/your abode.. save
Are you in the middle of a quest or don't want to travel far? use a schnapps..

if you are out of schnapps that is your own damn fault! a boy scout is always prepared!

the only negative thing is if the game crashes and that is unfortunate but has nothing to do with how saves work.

A lot of people have other things to do other than spend their life on Peasant Simulator 2018, it's a waste of time shoe horned in just to artificially lengthen the game, nothing more, nothing less.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Why so much butthurt over the save system?

Yep, crashing is the main problem. Also the first, say, 20 hours. Schnapps is quite rare at the start. Then it's not even an issue, it completely loses the desired effect.

They might as well make the potion super abundant from the get go, the only penalty would be alcoholism which is plenty.

A lot of people have other things to do other than spend their life on Peasant Simulator 2018, it's a waste of time shoe horned in just to artificially lengthen the game, nothing more, nothing less.

Wasting time on games I understand but wasting tens of hours on games you loathe...that takes some serious retardation.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Jenkem
Schnapps are expensive as fuck and alchemy is a bitch to deal with, and going back and forth to fast travel to your bed or a town with a inn is a pain in the ass.
Potential solutions.
-Any bed saves with 6 hours of sleep, not just your own.
-Autosaves after every 24 hours.
-Camping system where you can set up your own camp in places scattered across the map, which also saves.
-Just having a normal fucking save system.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands

Check the Gamma setting. I have found twice now that the scale gets worked and you need to turn it down considerably.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Jenkem
Schnapps are expensive as fuck and alchemy is a bitch to deal with, and going back and forth to fast travel to your bed or a town with a inn is a pain in the ass.
Potential solutions.
-Camping system where you can set up your own camp in places scattered across the map, which also saves.

Before long you can brew multiple schnaps at once and pick whole patches of plants at once. Nettles are everywhere and the other herb is cheaper than piss. You can make a lot of cash with alchemy and herbalism.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin

Until you've been out and doing stuff for an hour or so that includes quite a few persuasion checks, combat and whatnot and then the game just crashes on you.

Never felt such engagement to the gameworld from save-system.

Elex

Arbiter
Lack of decorative customisation options is a small but still a problem. FFS, Henry doesn't even grow beard over time and sticks to his nu-male nonsense. It worked with established character in Witcher 3, why not here?
perk and stat must do that! can be really great see him actually become something different from a “blacksmith son”.

Last edited:

KateMicucci

Arcane
Sounds like you haven't played the game. I don't now why everyone keeps claiming that the game is buggy. It really isn't that bad. In 30 hrs the only bug I encountered was a clipping issue during a cutscene. Compare that to old PB titles or Bethesda Shit and the game is positively polished. The only issues are crappy FPS and stuttering in Rattay. If the performance gets tuned a bit it is perfectly fine.

I think a lot of the bad impressions stem from the god awful Prologue. Everything afterwards is Incline. Provided you are willing to make your own adventure and LARP like a good little autist.

I'm getting awful performance, two sidequests totally broken due to dialog bugs, frequently get stuck on stairs or in doorways, AI constantly shitting itself, light armor perk is bugged, and sometimes I bullrush enemies so hard that I leave gravity behind.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Jenkem
Potential solutions.

alchemy is not a bitch to deal with it is literally a two minute process.. if you can't handle setting aside a moment to do brew 3-4 potions before you go gallavanting around then maybe you shouldn't play a game that aims for realism and stick to todd howard games.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

I'm getting awful performance, two sidequests totally broken due to dialog bugs, frequently get stuck on stairs or in doorways, AI constantly shitting itself, light armor perk is bugged, and sometimes I bullrush enemies so hard that I leave gravity behind.
Re getting stuck on stairs - reduce your encumberance.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Re getting stuck on stairs - reduce your encumberance.

Don't think that has anything to do with encumberance. There's a set of stairs in Ratteay Hans-side castle that always has it's top-most stair stopping me and the visuals go like as if I was stepping through them. Only way to get over no matter the weight in bags for me is to take some speed and jump over the 2 final stairs.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
TL;DR
This game looks like it has huge potential but feels like a buggy and lifeless corpse of a game.

You've been watching the profound ACG review, I see. Well, a responsible gamer does his research, kudos.

I don't even know what ACG is. Stop being a disgusting potato shill for 10 minutes. Your posts are fucking garbage.

I'm waiting to see how patching goes.

The bug's aren't game breaking, just immersion breaking. (I do count crashes & memory leaks / NPC's getting stuck / weird animation shit as bugs btw)

My bigger complaint is the lack of polish. It's weird entering a large city and seeing 3 people walking around. The world feels barren a lot of the time. The quests seem simplistic and repetitive and the story while better than your average bethesda tard fest, just seems a little spread too thin.

As I said, the game has potential but needs to be polished. Feels unfinished.

Last edited:

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
This game has superb atmosphere though. Was chasing after some fella into the forest by evening and the night fell. Walking around carefully with the horse because slopes everywhere, wolves howling around.

379430_screenshots_20180217162323_1.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom