Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
They should really drop the UI color scheme that reminds of the new XCOM

Last edited:

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I dont remember correctly, do they announced that bullet will have a hit detection? And cover would be actually a cover, and not just percentage deducted from the hit chance of enemy weapon/attack? And does burst weapons/auto weapons will have hit chance calculation for each of the bullets in the salvo? Seriously if this isnt in the game, then a fucking 20 years old JA2 has still more complex gameplay xD

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
27858810_570723053307939_2714256209510006211_n.jpg

Standing room only for Julian's presentation!

orcinator

Liturgist
"These vehicles can move quite fast. They have various functions. One is as a troop carrier. They can also be equipped with various armaments and they can drive through terrain and destroy stuff."

Hope there's also late game armors with that function like that one in Xenonauts.
Though I wonder how they'll be balanced and if they'll actually require a pilot.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
"These vehicles can move quite fast. They have various functions. One is as a troop carrier. They can also be equipped with various armaments and they can drive through terrain and destroy stuff."

Hope there's also late game armors with that function like that one in Xenonauts.
Though I wonder how they'll be balanced and if they'll actually require a pilot.

power_armor_by_progv-d7tnew7.jpg

my favorite power armor concept from the internet

does the writing under the logo mean anything?

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
That's nice and all, but one of the points of PAs is that they're kinda the bridge between infantry and giant fucking robots.
You can't have giant fucking robots since having big ol' legs doesn't make phsyical sense!

So the legs are out of place like crazy

Mazisky

Magister
i am pretty hyped. My only concern is that those industrial and wasteland environments will get old pretty fast. I hope in more variety

Mazisky

Magister
The game has a real nice sci fi Horror vibe btw. looking at the stream, the mood is awesome

Also, the sounds is pretty confused with all dudes talking, but the music seems incredible. I want to see a clean version of that mission, i guess it will pop on youtube soon

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
looks almost exactly as lame as neuxcom

good that i skipped it
Yeah, it looks *really* similar to nuxcom. Would easily believe it was a total conversion of xcom2 from what they've shown so far.

This is not the victory we were promised.

Mustawd

So the livestream i don't think was the best way to show off the game, unfortunately. But just by what i saw it's nioce to see the level of polish they've achieved. Hope tat's the same standard for the final version.

My only concern is that those industrial and wasteland environments will get old pretty fast. I hope in more variety

Well, considering that there will be points all over the globe, I would imagine so. I have yet to see any other kinds of levels though. But maybe I just missed it.

Mustawd

Yeah, it looks *really* similar to nuxcom. Would easily believe it was a total conversion of xcom2 from what they've shown so far.

This is not the victory we were promised.

Errr, not sure I follow. It was readily apparent they were gonna ape the hell out of nuXCOM's presentation from day 1. All the concept art, all the previous demo's, everything I've seen, suggested that it was important that it borrow heavily form X-com's UI, cinematic turn based style, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom