Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
How are you Henry? God bless you Henry! Hey, Henry is here to see us!

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Review said:
The game is also not without its controversies. Warhorse is a team of more than 150 people, but the game’s creative director has gone out of his way to rationalize his support of GamerGate, a loosely knit hate group that has devoted time to harassing women, people of color and journalists in the past. So outspoken is the studio’s leadership on cultural issues that they have found it necessary to work with a German outlet to publish anti-fascist, anti-sexist and anti-racist statements prior to their game’s launch

:lol:

But hey, this has NOTHING to do with the smear campaign by journos against the game or the low metascores (and the gap with player score). 65 for the PS4 version, btw. PC user score is 82. :lol:

EDIT:

Holy fuck. :lol:

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ok this must be the most surreal review I've seen so far.

A mainstream, casual, dorrito journo HATES the story, writing, dialogues, characters and non-existent reactivity...but DOES like the combat. (Oh and it's nazi, obviously)

So stumped I can't even think of a funny meme to insert here.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/16/170077 ... iverance-impressions
I saw it today but thought "what's there to comment on?", how kotaku have taken every opportunity to shit on the game with articles about bugs and what patches it's getting, but have not reviewed it, and in their only "impressions" piece they carefully avoid praising the game, reviewing its features in a neutral tone, then spend a few paragraphs to talk about bugs, and in the end the reviewer concludes, as if subjectively that this kind of game isn't "his thing". I guess it's not the same "thing", without Bethesda's marketing budget buying your steaks! :D

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Well, the guy is clearly a Witcher 3 fan. I played that game at release and it was AWFUL. The "original" controls made Geralt run like a WW1 tank. Absolutely disgusting. But since it's a big release faggot journos will cut some slack, but KCD gets shat on.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just encountered the first bug.
Which lead to an unintentionally close encounter with Vashek
MQs5fiR.jpg

PLJFYuM.jpg

I guess the problem was that the house was considered private, even though the quest demanded I go there an talk to him. So he started moving around an complaining, while the cutscene triggered at the same time.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I tried reading the polygon review but the outright factual lies and presenting of opinion as fact was too much. What a rag!

The world knows no butthurt greater than that of a man who regularly gets his butt hurt!

Paul_cz

Arcane
Well, the guy is clearly a Witcher 3 fan. I played that game at release and it was AWFUL. The "original" controls made Geralt run like a WW1 tank. Absolutely disgusting. But since it's a big release faggot journos will cut some slack, but KCD gets shat on.
Nah polygon shat on Witcher 3 as well eventhough it was reviewed by someone else. In fact Witcher 3 is fucking amazing eventhough for different reasons than KCD (and is definitely less ambitious game design-wise) and the cuntfucks and polygon just hate great central european RPGs because central europeans don't give a fuck about their shitty political agendas and diversiy identity politics moronics.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Nah polygon shat on Witcher 3 as well eventhough it was reviewed by someone else. In fact Witcher 3 is fucking amazing eventhough for different reasons than KCD (and is definitely less ambitious game design-wise) and the cuntfucks and polygon just hate great central european RPGs because central europeans don't give a fuck about their shitty political agendas and diversiy identity politics moronics.

Btw, you're active at Resetera right? What's the general vibe about the game over there? Still a lot of talk about Pepe being literally Hitler or are people discussing mainly the game? And do they like it? Can't be arsed to go through all the stupid comments over there.

Kaivokz

Arcane
Not sure why it's crashing for me, but I after I changed overall graphic settings from low to high crashes went from one every ten minutes to one maybe every few hours. Playable, now, at least.

My impressions so far are good. Reactivity seems very good, though I've not really explored beyond the "introduction". They've definitely nailed the atmosphere and story-cutscenes. The world feels great, and moving around in it is pretty awesome. I'm glad the world is smaller than most ridiculous open worlds, and also glad it doesn't seem to be filled with shit (figuratively); if you go roaming out in the countryside odds are you won't find anything but a pretty sight (or something to hunt for food, perhaps).

It's awesome that training with Robbard actually seems to make you way better with a sword--it pays off (learning combos, advanced combat techniques, etc.) and makes sense story-wise for young blacksmith's son Henry to not know any of these things until trained by a better swordsman. It's gonna feel pretty good to perfect block/riposte -> combo the German or the bandit. System seems to reward player skill, and also practice. Though I imagine it won't be quite as great in non 1v1 situations, but... large scale battles like that are not as pristine and simple as a duel by nature, so I don't mind in theory.

Paid off my debt to Theresa's fucking uncle by beating up some bums in the medieval fight club and stealing their money. Figured I owed him for the medicine, but wasn't gonna let him use that to get me into dirty business--it's cool that you could actually say "I paid my debt, you can't hold it over my head to do anything."

My next goal is to finish all the training I can do with a sword, save up enough money for a horse, and then ride to Uzhitz for two reasons: 1) to learn to read, and 2) to level up my drinking skill. The cornerstones of a great knight: martial prowess, intelligence, and booze.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
W3 only became playable to me after Patch 1.07 (introduction of the "alternative" controls). That happened like a month after release. KCD is currently playable (tho buggy af). I know games should work right off the box, but that's not the world we live in 2018.

RPGs because central europeans don't give a fuck about their shitty political agendas and diversiy identity politics moronics.

Some of them clearly do, as evidenced by the oh-so-ironical hissy fit ITT. We're just lucky they are not the ones calling the shots (Jesus be praised!).

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
Is it worth pirating ?

Asking for a friend.
No, if it is going to be like Spellforce 3, which received about 20 patches in the first month. :D I think sometimes 2 in the same day. Meaning it's going to be a pain in the ass hunting for all the patches without automatic updating.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Anyone done the 'Lost in Translation' quest? Not sure if there was a bug or a weird trigger.

Figured out the trick, had the guy lead me to the right spot, got the money, let him go.... I walk a little bit and find a couple of enemy combatants, one of them runs to god knows where, another attacks me and I kill him - he's a bandit, but the moment I off him, I fail the objective to return half the cash to the miller and thus the quest?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Loving this fast travel system. Reminds me of Daggerfall where it costs time and money and things can happen to you on the road, except far more things can happen in this game. I was assaulted by a guy in a bush with a wooden stick who I killed in 2 strikes, then a guy who had his mother force him to LARP as a knight asked me to duel even though he knew he was terrible at it.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Loving this fast travel system. Reminds me of Daggerfall where it costs time and money and things can happen to you on the road, except far more things can happen in this game. I was assaulted by a guy in a bush with a wooden stick who I killed in 2 strikes, then a guy who had his mother force him to LARP as a knight asked me to duel even though he knew he was terrible at it.

Killing that little brat was how I got my first breastplate. I felt bad about it, but his gear was too good to let him live.

Monty

Arcane
Review said:
The game is also not without its controversies. Warhorse is a team of more than 150 people, but the game’s creative director has gone out of his way to rationalize his support of GamerGate, a loosely knit hate group that has devoted time to harassing women, people of color and journalists in the past. So outspoken is the studio’s leadership on cultural issues that they have found it necessary to work with a German outlet to publish anti-fascist, anti-sexist and anti-racist statements prior to their game’s launch

:lol:

But hey, this has NOTHING to do with the smear campaign by journos against the game or the low metascores (and the gap with player score). 65 for the PS4 version, btw. PC user score is 82. :lol:

Spamming links to that 'Gamergate' interview seems to be a pretty common tactic at the moment, but can be a bit amusing when it falls flat +M

eg comments on Polygon article:
Nt4clT.png

mf2VLr.png

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected

Killing that little brat was how I got my first breastplate. I felt bad about it, but his gear was too good to let him live.
I just told him to find love :love:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
W3 only became playable to me after Patch 1.07 (introduction of the "alternative" controls). That happened like a month after release. KCD is currently playable (tho buggy af). I know games should work right off the box, but that's not the world we live in 2018.

Vavra talked about bugs yesterday. They weren't aware of most bugs people are encountering and posting on Youtube. Apparently there's only so much your 10 people strong QA department can do. Vavra said the Ubisoft QA is bigger than the entire Warhorse.

So they thought they're pushing out a product that's mostly smooth but when hundreds of thousands of people started playing all sort of glitches started popping up.

Anyway I'm never bothered with how a game looks like on release, especially if it's an RPG. I don't remember the last time I played this sort of game right after the launch. I played Elex a bit, loved it but temporarily shelved it and I'm STILL waiting for the second patch. Due to my autism my first playthrough always has to be perfect.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Need the patch! didnt have such bad performance even with ELEX on release

deama

Prophet
I think their next game should be set in feudal japan era. The one afterwards should then be ancient greece (around 500BC with spartans and stuff), or maybe Rome.

EDIT: no one wants to see feudal japan kingdom come??

Last edited:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
At least tell me this shit is better than Elex.

I really liked Elex, at least until the very end. It was a solid 7.5 out of 10 RPG for me, maybe even higher if we’re grading on a curve because last year was not so great for the genre.

Kingdom Come is better. Possibly a lot better, especially once you get through the prologue. There’s less explicit choice and consequence and no jetpack, but other than that I think it’s superior across the board. Only 20 odd hours in, though.

In terms of performance, it runs like a dream on my GTX 970 and I’ve had only one real bug so far.

It wouldn’t make my GOAT list, but it’s really excellent nonetheless. I’d say GOTY candidate but there’s a lot of potentially great stuff coming out this year so we’ll see.

Elex

Arbiter
At least tell me this shit is better than Elex.
well, it’s different.

it’s different from any rpg you played.
is basically a sub genre apart.

i suppose that people expect “fantasy minus magic” but is not that, is not even a mount and blade style game, it’s history-game.

So for this reason you have to know history for really appreciate certain element of the game, or live in a place that have strong connection with that part of medieval history.

I suppose that the big part of copies of the game are sold in europe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom