Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I am pretty sure if they see you walking around the town walls at night, this is considered breaking curfew and is a crime that you have to pay a fine for.

Except I haven't, and even if I did then you'd have the red bounty icon visible at the top of your screen so that doesn't explain it at all.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

The stealth AI could use some polish. Breaking a lockpick shouldn't alert everyone that there's a thief. Guards seem to have psychic hearing at times.

Also, if you are going to take away free save games, at least put a lot of autosaves in.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I am pretty sure if they see you walking around the town walls at night, this is considered breaking curfew and is a crime that you have to pay a fine for.

Except I haven't, and even if I did then you'd have the red bounty icon visible at the top of your screen so that doesn't explain it at all.
Indeed it doesn't. I was only mentioning what my experience has been. I really hope crime information doesn't propagate unrealistically due to bugs.

Tigranes

Arcane
Pickpocketing at level 3, or even better, 4 with the faster mosue cursor perk, is worlds away from picking at level 1. I wouldn't try doing any real picking until 3/4, just practicing and training and rehearsing on sleeping refugees in a corner.

Still needed to pop a potion to get the Bailiff's docs thoug.

Where are the Baliff's docs? Are they on him? I assumed they were in one of the very hard chests upstairs.

Sort of.

you do need to get into the room upstairs blocked by the Hard locked door & open one of the chests - but I think it was a Hard lock. In any case, my solution was to pickpocket the bailiff's key. If your stealth (& lockpick) is high enough, in my case through a potion, you can silently pick the door while they all sleep, and then pickpocketing is much easier. I suppose you could just pickpocket the bailiff during the day if you're confident.

How I game in the era of the incline, benny hill edition.

I killed 40-50 training targets, I mean enemies with a mediocre bow, in about 5 minutes and I trully, trully feel immersed and shocked at the same time at how this game can deliver such a challenge. I really want to thank Vavra and his entire team for this spectacular piece of programming and trully bringing the era of incline and advancing the AI to new breaking grounds, let this be an example to the other heatheans in the industry.

What level are you and what's your gear though? I notice your health barely decreases when you're hit.

You could do this in Skyrim from level 1.

Naked.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Indeed it doesn't. I was only mentioning what my experience has been. I really hope crime information doesn't propagate unrealistically due to bugs.

I just hope there isn't some fuckery with how the game loads saves when you're already in the game - I noticed the other day that the shelves I looted prior to loading my save still looked like they'd been rummaged through after the reload even though they had the items untouched. If that kind of persistence through save loads extends to other things, there could be all sorts of unintended consequences (like punching guards and then the rep penalty sticking). That is, of course, unless you exit the game every time before loading a save.

Do you get some kind of rep penalty for doing "evil" quests? Like digging up a body?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Italian wars would be great too. I want to play in the French army during the 1494 campaign :)

Why do you want to play as a rapist baguette? Venice was better.
There is dramatism in being on the losing side. Plus, the French army was only partly "proper French".

They’d have to figure out how to work in primitive gunpowder weapons for the Italian wars. But I guess they’re working out the mechanics of early canons for their Hussite wars sequel (if I don’t get to fire off a falconet from inside a wagon fort I will be very disappointed).

Presumably they’ll want to keep focusing on Bohemia since that’s where they live. Good thing there’s a lot to work with. But any period after the widespread adoption of pistols and arquebuses would be less fun because they’d punch right through armor. Plus, a musket loading simulation would get real boring real fast.
My guess would be that they would turn musket loading into a minigame based on player skill.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why, 4 separate minigames in a row where if you fail one you have to start over, would be great fun :lol:

My guess would be that they would turn musket loading into a minigame based on player skill.

Sure, but the ramrod would only work with a gamepad while priming the pan would be impossible without a mouse. Warhorse seems to think that switching between inputs lends verisimilitude.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
How I game in the era of the incline, benny hill edition.

I killed 40-50 training targets, I mean enemies with a mediocre bow, in about 5 minutes and I trully, trully feel immersed and shocked at the same time at how this game can deliver such a challenge. I really want to thank Vavra and his entire team for this spectacular piece of programming and trully bringing the era of incline and advancing the AI to new breaking grounds, let this be an example to the other heatheans in the industry.

What level are you and what's your gear though? I notice your health barely decreases when you're hit.

You could do this in Skyrim from level 1.

Naked.

I was level 9-10, using Capon's bow and better piercing arrows, but you can do this with the first bow you get in the game and the results will be the same. In the end it's just the terrible AI that somehow resets when you run away from them and they freeze in place doing fuck all.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
It's a bit annoying that horses can't swim a 10 meter river. I mean, sure the current could be dangerous for a man, but there definitely seem to be places where a horse should swim across fine.

I was level 9-10, using Capon's bow and better piercing arrows
Guessing you had some decent armor too. That or maybe the AI doesn't have decent arrows because you are hit several times with arrows for almost no damage.
you can do this with the first bow you get in the game and the results will be the same.
I tried something like this early on and I got raped by a horde of angry foreigners, so not sure I believe you. Especially if you don't have good armor.
In the end it's just the terrible AI that somehow resets when you run away from them and freeze in place doing fuck all.
so it's an AI exploit. Most games have them, especially large games on release. ok. hopefully it will be fixed, but we'll see.

It's not like it's a core game mechanic though, like level scaling etc.

Perkel

Arcane
Damn i want to play it but bugs keep me from it. IT seems right up my alley but i don't want to spoil fun by playing buggy version.

Hopefully when they will release GOG version most of critical things will work.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I found this article on optimization, which I think is rather good. It also mentions a trick to turn off your single utilized core's affinity and thus use all your CPU cores. I am not noticing significant improvements in framerate though.
https://segmentnext.com/2018/02/14/kingdom-come-deliverance-fps-boost-optimizations-tweaks/

There is a boost that gives you about 10% more fps, you have to look at your cpu cores, one is at 100% (CPU1 most of the time) in the taskmanager go to the kdc task rightclick-> affinity and tick off this core, afterwards all cores will be used evenly.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I was level 9-10, using Capon's bow and better piercing arrows
Guessing you had some decent armor too. That or maybe the AI doesn't have decent arrows because you are hit several times with arrows for almost no damage.
you can do this with the first bow you get in the game and the results will be the same.
I tried something like this early on and I got raped by a horde of angry foreigners, so not sure I believe you. Especially if you don't have good armor.
In the end it's just the terrible AI that somehow resets when you run away from them and freeze in place doing fuck all.
so it's an AI exploit. Most games have them, especially large games on release. ok. hopefully it will be fixed, but we'll see.

It's not like it's a core game mechanic though, like level scaling etc.

Try to hit their faces, or the head in general, it's a guaranteed one shot. And the bow doesn't really matter that much, only the arrows, especially the better pierced ones. As for the armor, yes I have one of the best armor in the game because I killed a Cuman very early into the game and it seems that nothing can budge it, only if you stay like a moron in place and eat a combo.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Damn i want to play it but bugs keep me from it. IT seems right up my alley but i don't want to spoil fun by playing buggy version.

Hopefully when they will release GOG version most of critical things will work.

Yep, I'm waiting too. Pretty hard to avoid spoilers with all my reading through comments and reviews but I really want a perfect experience with a perfect game.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
But are the guards in Rattay supposed to know you beat up the executioner who lives on the opposite hill? I think they shouldn't know. I choke-held him without him seeing me, and my reputation is fine, except with citizens, where it's 50, I think.

Well, I didn't do anything stealth related. I walked up to the guy, punched him in the face and kept punching until he went down and surrendered. What can I say, subtlety is not my thing. Then I demanded his sword and let him go. It took me a while to loot EVERYTHING at his place, so he came back. And I gave him another beating. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I ASSUME he told everyone in town about it, because my citizen rep is at -100. It IS weird that the Law doesn't seem to give a shit about what I did, but whatever.

Or maybe I did nothing wrong and the rep just bugged. Anyway, tips on how to improve my rep again would be appreciated.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ok this must be the most surreal review I've seen so far.

A mainstream, casual, dorrito journo HATES the story, writing, dialogues, characters and non-existent reactivity...but DOES like the combat. (Oh and it's nazi, obviously)

So stumped I can't even think of a funny meme to insert here.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/16/170077 ... iverance-impressions

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom