Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

DeepOcean

Arcane
The region had X-TREME diversity: greeks, serbs, croats, bulgarians, vlachs, albanian tribes, turks, hungarians, nomadic tribes from the northern Black Sea region, in the South there were neo-Latin kingdoms in Athens, the Marquisate of Bodonitsa, County of Salona, etc. It was a very chaotic period with a huge number of local players, plus a few bigger ones. It would be a blast.
There were no ghetto gang bangers and dick ladies so it will remain raycist.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
How I game in the era of the incline, benny hill edition.

I killed 40-50 training targets, I mean enemies with a mediocre bow, in about 5 minutes and I trully, trully feel immersed and shocked at the same time at how this game can deliver such a challenge. I really want to thank Vavra and his entire team for this spectacular piece of programming and trully bringing the era of incline and advancing the AI to new breaking grounds, let this be an example to the other heatheans in the industry.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
the soldiers dislike me.
Fifteenth century Czech soldiers typically were avid Terror from the Deep players, and therefore bound to automatically see you as an enemy.

I don't have an earlier save to check it right now, but I'm pretty sure the guards in Rattay don't start off hating you by default. So something is definitely affecting the rep even though I dindunuffin. Certainly nuffin they can prove, anyway!

moon knight

Matt7895's alt

I killed 40-50 training targets, I mean enemies with a mediocre bow, in about 5 minutes and I trully, trully feel immersed and shocked at the same time at how this game can deliver such a challenge. I really want to thank Vavra and his entire team for this spectacular piece of programming and trully bringing the era of incline and advancing the AI to new breaking grounds, let this be an example to the other heatheans in the industry.

Yeah, enemies should be a bit more aggressive and actually charge the player.

Mortmal

Arcane

Same here and quite sad its really the only way to do it.

Renevent

Cipher
Had my first pissed off moment with the game...

Finally escaped the castle (although I couldn't find my horse lol), walked all the way to my home looting the dead on the way. Looting, btw, with so many things to loot is a little annoying. Anyways found my parents, found a spade, dug a hole, and cutscene starts. Up to this point it seemed like the game saves at regular intervals during quest progress points. Anyways during the cutscene I got tired of watching Henry bury his parents as was presented two options:

E: Skip cutscene segment

E (hold): Skip entire cutscene

Figure it was safe enough just to skip a little to the next part and just skip the segment, and wham, all the sudden I am surround by a group of bandits (I think) and some dude trying to beat my face in. Decided to reload since I had no idea who the fuck any of these people were or why they were attacking me, and was sent back to right outside the castle and have to make my way all the way back to town. It's at least an hour worth of gameplay lost!

I'll do it again, but I was sufficiently pissed off enough to shut the game down for the night.

PrettyDeadman

I've managed to kill first Cuman. Unfortunately its not much of a boost in term on skills/money.
Sellers in first town can't offer you much, and its pointless to bring all that weight with you.
The saber requires 9 agi, by the time you get that you'll have much better weapons.
It might be possible to kill 2 cumans in a row, but there is too much cumans below.
Unlocking trick works really well and is easy to do, but you are ded if you make 1 mistake.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
s5cRUWd.jpg

That's pretty damned impressive even if it doesn't climb at all anymore from that number.

:gumpyhead:

Beowulf

Arcane
Is this some kind of God mode on? Looks completely retarded

No, I'm just that good. Do you folks even play the game? This has to be the worst piece of programming I have seen in a long ass time, jesus christ:negative:

And yet you are so computer skilled, that you didn't even change the default name of your video file, you were so so hasty to complain about bad programming.

EDIT: I watched it. Yeah, it's pathetic. Only the most lightly armoured foes charge straight at you (happened to me once as well), while the default behaviour for the AI should be to sprint to the player and start spamming fastest attacks if they detect the player character with ranged weapon.

Last edited:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

No, I'm just that good. Do you folks even play the game? This has to be the worst piece of programming I have seen in a long ass time, jesus christ:negative:

And yet you are so computer skilled, that you didn't even change the default name of your video file, you were so so hasty to complain about bad programming.

Did Untitled Project triggered your hemorrhoids or something ? What's that gotta do with bad programming and with the content shown in the video? It's so sad seeing so many idiots on this forum defending this pile of manure, 50-60$ for a bunch of cutscenes and a mediocre story, fucking pathetic.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Finally escaped the castle (although I couldn't find my horse lol), walked all the way to my home looting the dead on the way. Looting, btw, with so many things to loot is a little annoying. Anyways found my parents, found a spade, dug a hole, and cutscene starts. Up to this point it seemed like the game saves at regular intervals during quest progress points. Anyways during the cutscene I got tired of watching Henry bury his parents as was presented two options:

Figure it was safe enough just to skip a little to the next part and just skip the segment, and wham, all the sudden I am surround by a group of bandits (I think) and some dude trying to beat my face in. Decided to reload since I had no idea who the fuck any of these people were or why they were attacking me, and was sent back to right outside the castle and have to make my way all the way back to town. It's at least an hour worth of gameplay lost!

I'll do it again, but I was sufficiently pissed off enough to shut the game down for the night.

Sorry to say, but that’s on you bro. It saves when you start or finish a major quest. Never reload without checking to make sure the save you want actually exists. And don’t skip the damn early game cutscenes—they tend to be pretty great.

EDIT: I watched it. Yeah, it's pathetic. Only the most lightly armoured foes charge straight at you (happened to me once as well), while the default behaviour for the AI should be to sprint to the player and start spamming fastest attacks if they detect the player character with ranged weapon.

Sure they should, but making all those face shots defies belief, even from up close. Those first Cumans had full face protection so nailing them in the eye is a very risky strategy. In my experience, all enemies rush me and then spam their attacks when I’m using a bow. Maybe the AI gets screwy with so many opponents at once.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

Sorry to say, but that’s on you bro. It saves when you start or finish a major quest. Never reload without checking to make sure the save you want actually exists. And don’t skip the damn early game cutscenes—they tend to be pretty great.

Sure they should, but making all those face shots defies belief, even from up close. Those first Cumans had full face protection so nailing them in the eye is a very risky strategy. In my experience, all enemies rush me and then spam their attacks when I’m using a bow. Maybe the AI gets screwy with so many opponents at once.

It doesn't defy anyhting, use better piercing arrows and its going to cut through any armour, I just shoot them in the face for shit and giggles but otherwise the results are going to be the same.

Inziladun

Magister
This game does a really good job of making you utilize your time wisely, whether through mechanics or illusion I'm not entirely sure yet.

For example(very minor spoilers):

Accepted quest to help Lady at Neuhof, which had me delivering a horse to Talmberg. I arrived at Talmberg only to find out I had to win a Horse race to really help her out. Was told the horse race would commence the following day at noon. Since it was still early in the day I wandered around Talmberg to see if there was anything else I could do to occupy my time and was given a task to help out with a wedding.

I was to travel to Uzhitz, Rattay and Sasau. Uzhitz was a short ride away so I started there. I was tasked to deliver yet another horse, seemed simple enough. After that I had time to ride to Rattay, so I managed my way back south and had to compete in an Archery Competition to complete my task there. It was late at that point so decided to call it a night and ride back to Talmberg at Dawn. Made it back to Talmberg the next day, did the horse race, rode back to Neuhof to complete the original task, and made way to Sasau to complete the task I received in Talmberg. Rested for the evening in Ledetchko and then continued onward to complete my task in Sasau the following morning, after which I was informed the item I came to collect wouldn't be ready until the following evening.

So now I'm doing a few quests around Sasau while i'm waiting, and exploring the area. If this were a game like Skyrim i'd likely have waited 24 hours for the horse race, and waited 24 hours for the task in Sasau as opposed to taking the opportunity to do other things in the area to fill up the time.

I really like that about this game.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah guys, it's a real time first person game. Combat can be and will be cheesed as in any other game of this type.
It's still a bit more interesting that Skyrim's combat though.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Yeah guys, it's a real time first person game. Combat can be and will be cheesed as in any other game of this type.
It's still a bit more interesting that Skyrim's combat though.

Yeah, I mean...being more interesting than Skyrim's combat isn't a great achievement, it's something that can be achieve with minimum effort.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Can you train your bow-skill outside of combat or hunting, like you can train your melee weapons in the combat arenas?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Finished the extended tutorial, finally saw the intro credits and got some measure of free roaming. I must say the game keeps being surprisingly fun and interesting. Sadly I have -100 reputation in Rattay, don't know how that happened. Joke. It may have something to do with the fact that I beat the executioner senseless so I could rob his place in peace. Maybe. Still, those free levels in STR and Warfare were really worth it. He is surprisingly tough. Much tougher than Hans Faggon.

There is a ton of stats and associated perks to every stat, which is nice. Since my min-max nature won't stop nagging me If I don't make the best character possible™ I'm saving some perks till I can reach their required minimum lvl. Why go for stuff that has a negative side when I can get some purely positve stuff at later levels?
Oh and most people in Rattay outright tell me to fuck off and don't engage in dialogue, which is IMO a huge :incline:. Beating that guy up and robbing his place had actual consequences, something that doesn't really happen in most games these days.

Once I thought I had plenty of cash, I decided to look at some new armor at the Armourer and quickly realized I was STILL a fucking beggar, lol. Speaking of which, how do I give money to beggars? Game tells me that's a way of restoring my reputation, but only option is to talk to them and ask them about Skelitz.

All in all, I can totally see myself sinking some hundreds of hours into this game. Not sure about its replay value, tho, since it's heavily story-based and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of "builds", in a traditional sense. Guess I'll probably finish the game being awesome at everything, Skyrim Style. Will have to wait and see.
But are the guards in Rattay supposed to know you beat up the executioner who lives on the opposite hill? I think they shouldn't know. I choke-held him without him seeing me, and my reputation is fine, except with citizens, where it's 50, I think.

They’d have to figure out how to work in primitive gunpowder weapons for the Italian wars. But I guess they’re working out the mechanics of early canons for their Hussite wars sequel (if I don’t get to fire off a falconet from inside a wagon fort I will be very disappointed).

Presumably they’ll want to keep focusing on Bohemia since that’s where they live. Good thing there’s a lot to work with. But any period after the widespread adoption of pistols and arquebuses would be less fun because they’d punch right through armor. Plus, a musket loading simulation would get real boring real fast.
Why, 4 separate minigames in a row where if you fail one you have to start over, would be great fun :lol:

I don't have an earlier save to check it right now, but I'm pretty sure the guards in Rattay don't start off hating you by default. So something is definitely affecting the rep even though I dindunuffin. Certainly nuffin they can prove, anyway!
I am pretty sure if they see you walking around the town walls at night, this is considered breaking curfew and is a crime that you have to pay a fine for.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

What was your download speed then? I got a smooth 140 Mbps. It is the one thing GOG could learn from Steam. The best I can get on there is a poverty 6.1 Mbps.
No, megaBYTES per second. My download is around 1000 Mbps. Upload is the same.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

The game is p awesome so far. There are one or two forced failures that I wasn't in love with, but they made sense.
You're not going to be able to take on an army at level 1.

You're not going to be able to take on a gang of thugs at level 1 after being injured. (Though that one sucked a bit more.)

The game features a surprising amount of reactivity. No bugs encounters so far and frame rate and load times are tolerable considering I'm playing on a laptop and don't even have it loaded on my solid state drive.

I see why the SJWs are having convulsions btw:

White ppl everywhere.

Walk up to a merchant "JESUS CHRIST BE PRAISED!"

FFS1s8R.jpg

:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom