Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Zer0wing

Cipher
Oh so he's just fighting unlocked! And the Cuman in this video can't defend if you're unlocked?
But how does he preform that whipping movement when he hits?
It's complicated. More complicated than Dark Souls because it's an exploit. First, you must constantly press Shift key (default for sprint and exit locking) to keep distance with your enemy and disable locking. Then, you look down (most safely) and move your mouse while you attack with a sword like up and left/right but close enough to hit an enemy. Then you sprint back, turn off locking, look down and repeat. One hell of a rhytm game.

No, there's no unlock mod yet and no, enemy is not a fool, one moment of hesitance and he'll beat your ass with a combo strike.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh so he's just fighting unlocked! And the Cuman in this video can't defend if you're unlocked?
It's complicated. More complicated than Dark Souls because it's an exploit. First, you must constantly press Shift key (default for sprint and exit locking) to keep distance with your enemy and disable locking. Then, you look down (most safely) and move your mouse while you attack with a sword like up and left/right but close enough to hit an enemy. Then you sprint back, turn off locking, look down and repeat. One hell of a rhytm game.
So it doesn't increase the power of the strike or something like that?

Zer0wing

Cipher
So it doesn't increase the power of the strike or something like that?
No, keep your distance so cuman (or any other humanoid really) wouldn't be able to strike at all and keep your sight on his feet so he wouldn't be able to strike too. Henry can survive one, maybe two signle hits but it'll affect your stamina obviously, and you need free stamina for sprint and consistent unlocking.

BTW, it's worth killing him for a decent sword and 1k+ worth loot.

Last edited:

Ganimoth

Novice
Holy shit some of the side quests are really broken as hell ( Bird in The Hand for example). Dont tell me someone actually tested those, I would not believe that
Yep. I got the birds, but the game hangs when try to turn in the quest. The birds are supposed to be nightingales, but they weigh as much as chickens, so now I have to carry six pounds of fat ass birds around entire Bohemia with me.+M

Fucking buggy shit.
Well be glad you could at least capture those birds, for me traps would not spawn on ground after planting them. Even if one spawned after multiple reloads / game restart, other would not etc.

Elex

Arbiter

No, there's no unlock mod yet and no, enemy is not a fool, one moment of hesitance and he'll beat your ass with a combo strike.
looking at the video is like some strange form of sword art, look like he unsheathed the sword multiple time and the enemy is too slow for follow and react.

Zer0wing

Cipher
looking at the video is like some strange form of sword art, look like he unsheathed the sword multiple time and the enemy is too slow for follow and react.
Henry lowers his sword when there's no targeted enemies in "sight".

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I'm 99% sure it's not intended that you win that fight. I'd question why the writing has to resort to this method of moving the plot forward, but that's the way it is. I'm sure we'll soon have videos where someone manages to win the fight with some exploit.

I've watched a streamer yesterday, his Runt got stuck in a terrain and the dude was smacking him over his bald head over and over again. Runt eventually freed himself though and killed the dude. I guess he is immortal then.

I don't like it btw. I've always thought the "you must lose this fight" mechanics is very dumb.

I would agree, but having advanced well beyond that I can say that losing that fight is pretext for central parts of the narrative.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Finished the extended tutorial, finally saw the intro credits and got some measure of free roaming. I must say the game keeps being surprisingly fun and interesting. Sadly I have -100 reputation in Rattay, don't know how that happened. Joke. It may have something to do with the fact that I beat the executioner senseless so I could rob his place in peace. Maybe. Still, those free levels in STR and Warfare were really worth it. He is surprisingly tough. Much tougher than Hans Faggon.

There is a ton of stats and associated perks to every stat, which is nice. Since my min-max nature won't stop nagging me If I don't make the best character possible™ I'm saving some perks till I can reach their required minimum lvl. Why go for stuff that has a negative side when I can get some purely positve stuff at later levels?
Oh and most people in Rattay outright tell me to fuck off and don't engage in dialogue, which is IMO a huge :incline:. Beating that guy up and robbing his place had actual consequences, something that doesn't really happen in most games these days.

Once I thought I had plenty of cash, I decided to look at some new armor at the Armourer and quickly realized I was STILL a fucking beggar, lol. Speaking of which, how do I give money to beggars? Game tells me that's a way of restoring my reputation, but only option is to talk to them and ask them about Skelitz.

All in all, I can totally see myself sinking some hundreds of hours into this game. Not sure about its replay value, tho, since it's heavily story-based and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of "builds", in a traditional sense. Guess I'll probably finish the game being awesome at everything, Skyrim Style. Will have to wait and see.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Since this game is doing well can we have the next setting suggestion?

Kingdom come: war of the roses
3 kingdoms come
Kingdom come: crusade
Kingdom come: inquisition (same setting with expedition conquistadors but more to the religious side or maybe i am just stealing VD's idea of what to make after TNW)
Kingdom come: shogun
Kingdom come: fall of Constantinople
Empire come: Khan
Kingdom come: arabian knights

Or whatever. I hope warhorse start a new historical rpg series like expedition games.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt

3 kingdoms come
Kingdom come: inquisition (same setting with expedition conquistadors but more to the religious side or maybe i am just stealing VD's idea of what to make after TNW)

Or whatever. I hope warhorse start a new historical rpg series like expedition games.

The italian wars would be interesting, but I think they will do a sequel with the Hussite Wars.

Parabalus

Arcane
Something seems to be wrong with stats/scaling.
After getting 10ish in defense/offense you barely take any damage and oneshot most enemies. I'm completely naked, only a sword, and it appears way to easy, compared to fresh out of Skallitz (but equipped).

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
A much better theme than the fall of Constantinople would be the Balkans during the interregnum after Bayezid I (1402-1413). The region had X-TREME diversity: greeks, serbs, croats, bulgarians, vlachs, albanian tribes, turks, hungarians, nomadic tribes from the northern Black Sea region, in the South there were neo-Latin kingdoms in Athens, the Marquisate of Bodonitsa, County of Salona, etc. It was a very chaotic period with a huge number of local players, plus a few bigger ones. It would be a blast.

3 kingdoms come

The italian wars would be interesting, but I think they will do a sequel with the Hussite Wars.
Italian wars would be great too. I want to play in the French army during the 1494 campaign :)

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Italian wars would be great too. I want to play in the French army during the 1494 campaign :)

Why do you want to play as a rapist baguette? Venice was better.

Edit: I wouldn't mind also something...older. Like the Roman Republic or Empire. Uhm, maybe something like the Social War https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_War_(91–88_BC)

There are countless possibilities with this genre of historical games, I'm excited only by think about them.

AwesomeButton

Patron

There is dramatism in being on the losing side. Plus, the French army was only partly "proper French".

Venice imployed Albanian light cav at Fornovo, and the whole coalition had a serious German contingent...

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
the china opium wars themed RPG would be cool too. the possibility is limitless with even our own history. it's already pretty cool and bloody (mostly bloody tho) i hope developer and media in general realize the potential of the stories made from our own world.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Any information on what is the ratio of game time vs real time? I think I could do with game time slowed down a bit.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
there doesn't seem to be much in the way of "builds", in a traditional sense.

While going through the perks I thought a "Night Ninja" build would be fun, there are some interesting night and rain perks - going through the most of the game at nights, mostly stealing and backstabbing. I'm sure you can also do a very different "Diplomat" build. But apart from those three archetypes...dunno.

I think the Hussite wars is a pretty obvious choice here. It's a pretty obscure but also one of the most important conflicts ever. It was the first full-on religious war within the Christian world, that's when the protestant movement was born and the Catholic church started to lose power. Radical consequences for the entire Western world going forward.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron

There is dramatism in being on the losing side. Plus, the French army was only partly "proper French".

They’d have to figure out how to work in primitive gunpowder weapons for the Italian wars. But I guess they’re working out the mechanics of early canons for their Hussite wars sequel (if I don’t get to fire off a falconet from inside a wagon fort I will be very disappointed).

Presumably they’ll want to keep focusing on Bohemia since that’s where they live. Good thing there’s a lot to work with. But any period after the widespread adoption of pistols and arquebuses would be less fun because they’d punch right through armor. Plus, a musket loading simulation would get real boring real fast.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
the china opium wars themed RPG would be cool too. the possibility is limitless with even our own history. it's already pretty cool and bloody (mostly bloody tho) i hope developer and media in general realize the potential of the stories made from our own world.

Wasn't there some years ago an isometric RPG about philipono folklore? Can't remember right now what it was, but it looked very fresh and interesting.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Why is most of the hare meat I hunted in the hunting mission classified as stolen? How can you steal hare meat from those you yourself killed?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So does your reputation lower when you steal even if you aren't caught? Because my rep with the guards of Rattay's down to 14, I can't get a new quest from the bailiff and the guards keep harassing me.

I'm wondering this myself. My rep with the citizens are great, but the soldiers dislike me. I have only stolen one thing, and I have helped out the captain. Feels a bit strange.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Why is most of the hare meat I hunted in the hunting mission classified as stolen? How can you steal hare meat from those you yourself killed?

Because you’re a poaching bastard. Those forests belong to noblemen. Just cook the meat and you can sell it to anyone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom