Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The performance in this game is extremely strange. Surprised by FPS gains/stability from setting OBject/Texture to Ultra, I tried it with all settings and now it's near buttery smooth 60 everywhere else but villages where it's a stable (no framedrops) 35.

Only issue remain are those very strange sudden CPU usage spikes that freeze game on occassion for no apparent reason.
I guess particle effects detail, shader detail, and shadows will take care of the villages fps drops.

No idea what it is but rarely I've seen a game optimization work in fashion of max the setting, double the performance. <.<

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So has anyone left the main quests for too long and either failed them or experienced negative consequences for being late? I really want Henry to learn to read, but I’m not sure if I can afford to set aside a couple of days with the scribe while I chase Reeky.

I'd like to know if there are other premature endings like in the prologue, where you die in prison if you get caught committing a crime.

Because if that is an exception then you can do pretty much whatever you like and it'll always lead to SOMETHING. So even if you dawdle and the quest with Reeky gets aborted, the game simply adjusts.

Ganimoth

Novice
Holy shit some of the side quests are really broken as hell ( Bird in The Hand for example). Dont tell me someone actually tested those, I would not believe that

Codex Year of the Donut
So has anyone left the main quests for too long and either failed them or experienced negative consequences for being late? I really want Henry to learn to read, but I’m not sure if I can afford to set aside a couple of days with the scribe while I chase Reeky.

I'd like to know if there are other premature endings like in the prologue, where you die in prison if you get caught committing a crime.

Because if that is an exception then you can do pretty much whatever you like and it'll always lead to SOMETHING. So even if you dawdle and the quest with Reeky gets aborted, the game simply adjusts.
heh

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
I'm 99% sure it's not intended that you win that fight. I'd question why the writing has to resort to this method of moving the plot forward, but that's the way it is. I'm sure we'll soon have videos where someone manages to win the fight with some exploit.

I've watched a streamer yesterday, his Runt got stuck in a terrain and the dude was smacking him over his bald head over and over again. Runt eventually freed himself though and killed the dude. I guess he is immortal then.

I don't like it btw. I've always thought the "you must lose this fight" mechanics is very dumb.

Would have been better if Runt just knocked you down in a cutscene.

The forced fight thing was annoying, especially as I was doing quite well against him. That is, until a kick connected and that was apparently enough to knock Henry down straight away.

I guess it's like the fight against Letho in The Witcher 2. It is meant to make you fight an hard encounter whose level is considerably superior to yours, so that you can measure your progress and get satisfaction when you fight that boss later in the game.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So according to some dude from Warhorse that one speech check with Robard in the prologue or the fight with Runt are impossible to win. Who thinks this is a good design idea?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
So according to some dude from Warhorse that one speech check with Robard in the prologue or the fight with Runt are impossible to win. Who thinks this is a good design idea?

Yeah the fight when you return to bury your parents felt really forced, like that cunt with the shovel and the fucking dog... it was all very scripted.

Codex Year of the Donut
would prefer if the fight was hard but winnable despite still losing in the cutscene because you get smacked upside the head by one of his buddies or something

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
This is like Drizzt in Baldur's Gate all over again. Killed that fucker then and stole his shit, i'll kill fucker here as well!

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
And unwinnable speech checks are stupid too.

Then again the bois at Warhorse evidently thought long and hard about every single tidbit of their game, maybe they did have their reasons.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
would prefer if the fight was hard but winnable despite still losing in the cutscene because you get smacked upside the head by one of his buddies or something
Yeah, and you would get an achievement for passing it this way. Minor reactivity is better than none.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Is it possible to save your Waifu from the turks at the start of the game? I lied to her on speech check and failed... as situation looked un-winnable for me.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Is it possible to save your Waifu from the turks at the start of the game? I lied to her on speech check and failed... as situation looked un-winnable for me.

Yeah, you can just run up to them, smack them and run away. Or you can get on your horse first and whistle.

Not sure though about the reactivity coz apparently if you don't help her

she manages on her own and survives anyway

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
So does your reputation lower when you steal even if you aren't caught? Because my rep with the guards of Rattay's down to 14, I can't get a new quest from the bailiff and the guards keep harassing me.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Steam's major selling point used to be faster downloads for me. They need to invest in their infrastructure ASAP as torrents are crazy fast nowadays.

Still, wanted to support this sort of game, so I bought.

What was your download speed then? I got a smooth 140 Mbps. It is the one thing GOG could learn from Steam. The best I can get on there is a poverty 6.1 Mbps.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
There is a trick to saving her. You can distract them so she runs away. Check the "Controls" in the game options ;)

Yeah, you can just run up to them, smack them and run away. Or you can get on your horse first and whistle.

Not sure though about the reactivity coz apparently if you don't help her

she manages on her own and survives anyway
She tells you a different story when you talk to her if you didn't save her, but I believe that in fact she was raped, but came up with a lie to protect her honor.

imweasel

Holy shit some of the side quests are really broken as hell ( Bird in The Hand for example). Dont tell me someone actually tested those, I would not believe that
Yep. I got the birds, but the game hangs when try to turn in the quest. The birds are supposed to be nightingales, but they weigh as much as chickens, so now I have to carry six pounds of fat ass birds around entire Bohemia with me.+M

Fucking buggy shit.

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
Probably my GOTY. The story delivery is fantastic, the combat is tough but fair. Thugs are easy to dispatch but knights are hard. As a criticism, there are events which are too hard scripted like
when you lose the sword
. Did anyone manage to defeat the Runt there or is it really impossible?
I'm 99% sure it's not intended that you win that fight. I'd question why the writing has to resort to this method of moving the plot forward, but that's the way it is. I'm sure we'll soon have videos where someone manages to win the fight with some exploit.

I kind of knew I'm playing with fake choices here the moment when I started hitting Zbyshek with the sword and he survived 3-4 swings instead of dying and ran away like nothing had happened.

Smejki
From the same cuman killer. No, the bandit leader is scripted to BTFO you and can't just die.

Smejki

What the hell is this? Explain this blatant railroading. At least make it a fracking cutscene.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Oh so he's just fighting unlocked! And the Cuman in this video can't defend if you're unlocked?

If so that is a massive oversight.

Elex

Arbiter
From the same cuman killer. No, the bandit leader is scripted to BTFO you and can't just die.

oh ironic, henry can save his waifu from rape but can’t save himself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom