Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
About (Theresa's uncle) the miller's quest:
I figured that what he asked was out of the table for a God-fearing Christian living in the 1400s and refused his offer, but is it one of those quests that the game kinda wants you to do, and if you don't you lose much content and that kind of things?
Too early to say, but you will lose the chance to upgrade some of your skills. Which skills depends on how you will go about resolving the quest. After you finish the quest, Peshek will serve as your trainer in pickpocketing and lockpocking (which will gift you 5 lockpicks at least once, maybe more times), and will serve as a buyer for stolen objects.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
So, I succumbed and bought this game impulsively, against my best intents rather than wait for bug- and performance fixes.

What are the performance hacks to use in this game?

I am running with 1080GTX, i5 6600K and 16gb of RAM. Overall performance runs at 45 to 50 with nothing around and 25-35 when shit hits the fan. Running with settings between high and very high.

Its not exactly satisfactory with the rig I have.

I am noticing a pattern in reports from people with 1080s having shit frames compared to inferior or comparable AMD cards. There has to be a fix coming for it.

I have 390x, 20 GB RAM, 4960k and SSD and am getting similar frames running 1440p on Ultra.

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
About (Theresa's uncle) the miller's quest:
I figured that what he asked was out of the table for a God-fearing Christian living in the 1400s and refused his offer, but is it one of those quests that the game kinda wants you to do, and if you don't you lose much content and that kind of things?
Too early to say, but you will lose the chance to upgrade some of your skills. Which skills depends on how you will go about resolving the quest. After you finish the quest, Peshek will serve as your trainer in pickpocketing and lockpocking (which will gift you 5 lockpicks at least once, maybe more times), and will serve as a buyer for stolen objects.

There are other Miller's as well. I suspect you could get familiar with others, since Millers in general seem involved in shady affairs.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So, I succumbed and bought this game impulsively, against my best intents rather than wait for bug- and performance fixes.

I am running with 1080GTX, i5 6600K and 16gb of RAM. Overall performance runs at 45 to 50 with nothing around and 25-35 when shit hits the fan. Running with settings between high and very high.

Search this thread for the word "heapsize"and apply the command line switch when you find it.

The most impact on framerate comes from Shader detail, Texture quality, shadow quality. The rest of the stuff is mostly situational. Particle quality is more impactful if there are numerous torches around. Same with shadows when guards with torches are moving around, and if you have a lit torch in your hand as well. Weather effects quality, when it's raining (though even then I can't feel any difference), etc.

Achieving good preformance is doable. Like I said previously, I'm running the game in mostly 50-60 fps on a GTX Windforce 780 (3GB vram)/4970k/8GB ram, and the only real concession I've had to make was running it in 1080p.

Last edited:

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin

I am noticing a pattern in reports from people with 1080s having shit frames compared to inferior or comparable AMD cards. There has to be a fix coming for it.

I have 390x, 20 GB RAM, 4960k and SSD and am getting similar frames running 1440p on Ultra.

I run at 1080p

:negative:

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
So I took my 5960k to 4.5Ghz and my 390x Twin Frozr to 1160Mhz core and modest DDR5 boost.

Capped frames at 30FPS and set VSync ON in user.cfg.

Playing at 1440p all ultra and 3/4 maxxed lod, distance and vegetation sliders, HDR on. I am nailed at 30FPS in all but the worst cases where it might dip to 27 very briefly.

My screen is a 50" Aquos 4k UHD TV. I don't like how it plays with VSync off unless the frames are guaranteed to be at or near 60 FPS at all times. I prefer VSync ON in that case.

At 4k and Very High with some pull back on sliders I get 18-30 FPS, which looks great but plays like shit IMO. I don't like how games play at 4k in general actually.

1440p seems a nice sweet spot for this game.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Do not try to use the alchemy bench at the witch’s place west of Uzhitz. The moment I started using it, Henry levitated straight up. When I exited the alchemy minigame he plummeted to his death.

Still, first real bug so far.
...are you sure that's not a feature? It is a witch.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Do not try to use the alchemy bench at the witch’s place west of Uzhitz. The moment I started using it, Henry levitated straight up. When I exited the alchemy minigame he plummeted to his death.

Still, first real bug so far.
...are you sure that's not a feature? It is a witch.
The Devil picked him up and crushed him, that's what he does for fun sometimes. Only cats are not hurt, because they are his favorite animals.

It's good that you died, means you were not under the Devil's protection. You were a good Christian.

AwesomeButton

Patron

I run at 1080p

:negative:
I am only keeping Texture quality, object quality and water quality on Very High, the rest is on medium or high. Shader quality is on high. The others are more situational. I have visibility distance maxed out, object LOD at the middle (this also controls when shadows pop in, so it may be major), and foilage LOD maxed out.

Also, I know it's silly, but did you upgrade the display drivers?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
The latest nvidia drivers - supposedly made for Kingdom Come - did fuck all to help performance, there's something wrong with nvidia gpus and this game that needs to be fixed.

AwesomeButton

Patron
The latest nvidia drivers - supposedly made for Kingdom Come - did fuck all to help performance, there's something wrong with nvidia gpus and this game that needs to be fixed.
I don't know if nvidia have posted anything on the subject yet, but I see many people with GTX 10xx cards complaining. I don't know if that's because many people have them nowadays, or because there's a problem with this particular set of GPUs. I certainly wouldn't mind nvidia releasing more optimized drivers giving a performance boost :) To be honest, I haven't seen much difference when I ran the game at 1440p and all on Very High, for a few minutes, except of course the more crisp picture, due to the resolution. The details and textures all seemed the same.

Edit:
Have you given this thing a read. Your Cuman friends are to the rescue: http://www.guru3d.com/articles-page...-graphics-performance-benchmark-review,1.html

Edit 2:
It appears nvidia have released "kingdom come deliverance game ready driver" on Jan 29 :D Well, thanks, Obama!

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think I might buy another copy after seeing those posts. When did the world become filled with such retards?

If you ever wondered how on earth the whole kool-aid deathcult thing happened, it's because people like that exist.
Too bad they're out of kool-aid...

There are Tide Pods for that now.

Also, the world isn't filled with these kinds of people, you can tell by how KCD's sales seem largely unaffected. Like how most normal people won't care when a gay person's in a game, most normal people won't care that there aren't black people in medieval Bohemia.
because those bitch ass retards are barely playing videogames, same with TV and movies.

They just pick a target, bitch about it until their retard fuel goes out and move on. Basically like children crying for attention only they lack the justification that children have for being kids.

Gord

Arcane

Mind that I don't have the game, I can only speak from some reviews I read.
Apparently the game really likes high single core performance AND a lot of cores. The old i5s lack in the latter a little bit.
Seems that in this game, you are better of with something that gives 6 threads and more (i7, i5-8xxx, Ryzen 5/7).

See, e.g. here.

Try reducing settings that tackle the CPU a bit, maybe that helps.

Beowulf

Arcane
found myself playing the first quest
tried to talk to the charcoal guy once
it worked

then i got enough money to buy the charcoal off him
but i couldnt talk to him anymore since he doesnt respond to the use key anymore
and everytime i walk into him he pops out of existence
tried loading and found myself back at the fucking start

will try again in few months

You can buy the charcoal form the trader on the corner. It's even cheaper than from the charcoal helping hand. Also, you can sell there you stolen apples and cabbages so you wouldn't even need money from Kunesh (but I beat him anyway, so I didn't check if game acknowledges that).

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

I am running the game with i5-2500k 3.3ghz overclocked at 4.4ghz with 16 gigs of ram and Geforce 1050gti (4gb) and the game runs around 30 fps on most settings in very high, I wonder how it runs on comparable ATI-cards.

Elex

Arbiter
also: how can these roadside bandits have full plate armor and run as fast as me with it? retardo
level scaled bandits!

if oblivion can have daedric armor bandits why kingdom come can’t have “simple” plate armor bandits?

(maybe they are deserters from some army)

Elex

Arbiter
Anyone far enough into the game found real armor yet? Does the layer system they mentioned during development actually work?

I just got a chain hauberk to go over my gambeson and it has dramatically improved my odds of survival.

. I was having trouble with the two bandits who are out to kill Ginger, but the armor helped me eke out a win.
Cool, but I meant visually. During ks they mentioned a layer system that would allow you to go clothes -> gambeson -> chainmail -> plate and it would all mix and match both visually and stats wise. Huge incline if properly implemented, but I only played the tutorial so I don't know if they actually delivered.

Here:

they have delivered, i think you get extra damage if you wear plate without some padding under.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyone far enough into the game found real armor yet? Does the layer system they mentioned during development actually work?

I just got a chain hauberk to go over my gambeson and it has dramatically improved my odds of survival.

. I was having trouble with the two bandits who are out to kill Ginger, but the armor helped me eke out a win.
Cool, but I meant visually. During ks they mentioned a layer system that would allow you to go clothes -> gambeson -> chainmail -> plate and it would all mix and match both visually and stats wise. Huge incline if properly implemented, but I only played the tutorial so I don't know if they actually delivered.

Here:

they have delivered, i think you get extra damage if you wear plate without some padding under.

Not got plate yet, but I'm layered with a gambeson under a mail hauberk and a padded coat over the mail. It reduces blunt damage a lot. It also shows them all visually (you can see the hauberk under any gaps).

The game definitely has layering.

AwesomeButton

Patron
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_page..._graphics_performance_benchmark_review,9.html

Concluding
If you are into the genre, this game could be a nice surprise. It offers that Game of Thrones feel in a massive open world. Our forum community has been raving about his game, ever since the development started back in the year 2013. The game itself then. The tested PC version looks pretty nice and with the better image quality setting, I'd rate it even as good. Things really start to look better at the highest quality mode, and sure either 2560x1440 resolution wise or something above that up-to Ultra HD, serves this game the best. Up-to 2560x1440 the game is very playable, it's struggling a bit more at Ultra HD rather quickly though. I still need to check into it and will add results tomorrow on Wednesday, but Ryzen procs should be fine with this game really. The minimum 8GB system RAM really isn't enough with the better settings; you want 12GB at a minimum, 16GB is recommended. The vast majority of the game plays with proper framerates though, including with a somewhat older and mainstream card. It's all thanks to the Cryengine 3 really, which feels refined like fine wine. Overall the game feels smooth in game-play, nothing negative to mention there. FCAT/Frametime plots look reasonably well. As always, we do hope you like this little test as it will be an indicator of overall performance. All modern graphics cards will run the game at Full HD without any issue. There is just no need to drop down in images quality modes too massively and heck, that's where we as PC gamers need to be.

Currently, you WILL experience sudden performance drops and oddities. The developer already announced that patches are going to solve it. But overall, nice gameplay and decent enough graphics. BTW if you want the best quality and need a little more perf? Drop shadows, and set shaders and post-processing to high if you're attempting to play on ultra. You'll easily gain 20 fps with minimal visual impact

Bought it tonight and just completed the prologue. The game is very impressive, both on a technical level and from a writing perspective - all the while not treating the player like a complete mongoloid. This first section that I played was quite railroaded but still felt pretty great. Vavra is a real bro. I hope this goes on to sell over a million copies.

And, again, fuck the gaming "media". The fact that something as abysmal as Fallout 4, a turd made on an infinite budget, gets a pass and glowing reviews and a game like KCD gets dismissed as "eurojank" is unconscionable.

Long live potato. :outrage:

edit: I have a very modest computer - i5 3570k running at 4.2ghz, a GTX 1070 and 8GB RAM. I didn't get a single freeze in about 3 hours and the game runs between 45 and 60 fps all the time at 2560x1440. Pretty impressive.

Codex Year of the Donut
Bought it tonight and just completed the prologue. The game is very impressive, both on a technical level and from a writing perspective - all the while not treating the player like a complete mongoloid. This first section that I played was quite railroaded but still felt pretty great. Vavra is a real bro. I hope this goes on to sell over a million copies.

And, again, fuck the gaming "media". The fact that something as abysmal as Fallout 4, a turd made on an infinite budget, gets a pass and glowing reviews and a game like KCD gets dismissed as "eurojank" is unconscionable.

Long live potato. :outrage:

edit: I have a very modest computer - i5 3570k running at 4.2ghz, a GTX 1070 and 8GB RAM. I didn't get a single freeze in about 3 hours and the game runs between 45 and 60 fps all the time at 2560x1440. Pretty impressive.
as a eurojank connoisseur, this isn't eurojank.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom