Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Neuhof spoilers

I thought I was getting the hang of the combat, but these two thugs that Ginger asks me to kill are kicking my ass. Feels nearly impossible to take on multiple opponents at once.
Go back (fast travel) to captain barnard/bernard dummy.
He'll get mad at you if you go solo, anyway.

Or you can headshot the one without a helmet with your bow. The remaining bandit is a cakewalk on his own. Took me a few tries to pull it off, though.

Or you could sneak up on them at night and and knock one unconscious.

Tigranes

Arcane
Pickpocketing at level 3, or even better, 4 with the faster mosue cursor perk, is worlds away from picking at level 1. I wouldn't try doing any real picking until 3/4, just practicing and training and rehearsing on sleeping refugees in a corner.

Still needed to pop a potion to get the Bailiff's docs thoug.

KevinV12000

Arcane
I'm of mixed feeling regarding the save system.

On one hand, I love my quick saves for risk taking. If WH implements quick saving, I won't be able to control myself and I will choke out everyone in an entire village if I can - just to see what happens.

On the other hand, I appreciate how much thought and guts it takes to plan something and execute on it, knowing that screwing up could cost you hours since your last save. I choked out two people in the Talmberg when you are under house arrest - and both times I was terrified of getting caught.

I think I would be happy with just a free save when quitting the game. Losing a savior schnapps when quitting the game feels bad.

I still think this is the best game I've played in ages.

Jesus, this is despair-inducing. The one PC rpg developer we have left, and he's ga-ga for a consolized piece of trash so he can "choke" everyone out.

Fuck, you all have been in O.C. too long. This stuff is SHIT compared to your best games. It's not even close.

PC gamers gave you a lacklustre message with PofE. Many bought it out of duty. This isn't going to last forever.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Holy shit, I know people mentioned that Father Godwin is a bro, but what a bro he is. Damn.

Just got to the sermon! This quest is amazing. One of the funniest things I’ve ever seen in any game. Not normally a fan of cutscenes, but fuck, Warhorse knows how to do it right. That quest is better than TV.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Also, the trainers' armor seems to be permanently damaged from my attacks, and doesn't appear to repair itself between bouts/days/weeks?

Either it takes a looong time, or the NPCs inventories don't refresh/respawn. Immediately after I arrived to Rattay, the town tailor strolled by the miller's at night so I mugged him and stole all his clothes. So now he is walking around naked like a bum - cobbler's children may have no shoes, but the tailor doesn't even have clothes.

Lennie

Novice
Don’t attempt the Nightingale quest from the hunter in Rattay. It is buggy as shit right now. Spent 2 hours just getting the traps not to bug out while capturing the birds and now the game hangs when trying to turn them in to complete the quest. After looking it up, apparently this is a common problem with this quest.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
So I looted the entire armory (which has a door wide open, for some reason) and carried it all back to my safehouse while encumbered by 50%, but I can't even sell it because all the traders can see the red UI icon and tell it's stolen. I guess I gotta find a fast travel marker for another city and sell it there, or just use it myself since it's all pristine. Game is okay so far, just wish there were more trash NPCs to kill, I didn't expect roadside bandits to be elite double backflip Kung Fu mercenaries.
Also lockpicking sucks. It's way too hard even on easy locks, this is awful for Miller Peshnek or whatever his name is and his quest, I couldn't even steal the key to open it since there is none for the chest that contains the ring.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
So I looted the entire armory (which has a door wide open, for some reason) and carried it all back to my safehouse while encumbered by 50%, but I can't even sell it because all the traders can see the red UI icon and tell it's stolen. I guess I gotta find a fast travel marker for another city and sell it there, or just use it myself since it's all pristine. Game is okay so far, just wish there were more trash NPCs to kill, I didn't expect roadside bandits to be elite double backflip Kung Fu mercenaries.
Also lockpicking sucks. It's way too hard even on easy locks, this is awful for Miller Peshnek or whatever his name is and his quest, I couldn't even steal the key to open it since there is none for the chest that contains the ring.

About the miller...
Do his quest and he’ll fence stolen merchandise. you can only sell stolen goods to the millers but you need to do the quest first. It’s worth just buying the ring from the executioner.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Lockpicking is harder early on but after you get a few levels in it, it becomes very easy. You can apparently get some lockpicks for free from your bro Fritz when first starting out in Skalitz, but this is very easily missed.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Holy shit, I know people mentioned that Father Godwin is a bro, but what a bro he is. Damn.

The scene with the sheep made me laugh especially

I've gone through "mysterious ways", hoping he'll feature more in the game.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Lockpicking is harder early on but after you get a few levels in it, it becomes very easy. You can apparently get some lockpicks for free from your bro Fritz when first starting out in Skalitz, but this is very easily missed.
Same goes for everything, basically. Combat feels totally different once your guy isn't such a lumbering oaf anymore and you have decent stuff on top of that.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Exactly, which is why it's so easy to spot the quitters who didn't get more than hour or two into the game and are now whining how impossibly difficult the game is.

Geckabor

Savant
Some of these characters you meet along the way like Godwin and Capon are really well done, I hope there are multiple quests where you can revisit them. Hell, I'd probably buy DLC to hang out with my bro Hans.

Tigranes

Arcane

So... you want to rob the contents of entire buildings and get millions of gold, and also have more trash fights?

Oooooooooooooookay.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Do not try to use the alchemy bench at the witch’s place west of Uzhitz. The moment I started using it, Henry levitated straight up. When I exited the alchemy minigame he plummeted to his death.

Still, first real bug so far.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Millions is a stretch, value of everything all in all was under 2000 gold and if I sold it it's probably end up as around 1000 gold. 'More' trash fights? I haven't had any to begin with aside from 2 bandits in the prologue. Reminds me actually, in the scripted fight in the prologue the guy with the big club managed to knock me out cold by just blocking my attack and pushing me, not even attacking once, just a mild push.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Also, the trainers' armor seems to be permanently damaged from my attacks, and doesn't appear to repair itself between bouts/days/weeks?

Either it takes a looong time, or the NPCs inventories don't refresh/respawn. Immediately after I arrived to Rattay, the town tailor strolled by the miller's at night so I mugged him and stole all his clothes. So now he is walking around naked like a bum - cobbler's children may have no shoes, but the tailor doesn't even have clothes.

They get their clothes back eventually. I knocked out one of those brawler guys and stole all his stuff. Like your tailor he walked around naked for a while, then all of sudden he had clothes when I got back after some traveling.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands

Just got to the sermon! This quest is amazing. One of the funniest things I’ve ever seen in any game. Not normally a fan of cutscenes, but fuck, Warhorse knows how to do it right. That quest is better than TV.

I chickened out for fear of repercussions with my Lord. Turns out they think he is a bro and rolled their eyes at experiencing the same Bishop scrutiny I feared would bring shame on my Lord. Lol I am playing a lapdog run!

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands

Sell it at a Miller. You may need to gain trust before they will fence for you.

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
It has been ages since I have seen this much local and world reactivity, particularly in a first person RPG. I am seeing depth and interplay between main and side quests that I have to assume is a rarity.

I have replayed maybe 6 RPGs in my entire life because I never forget shit and there are so few games that really warrant repeated play-throughs for me. KCD is the first one in a long time for me. I will certainly be playing this again and taking different approaches.

Rev

Arcane
About (Theresa's uncle) the miller's quest:
I figured that what he asked was out of the table for a God-fearing Christian living in the 1400s and refused his offer, but is it one of those quests that the game kinda wants you to do, and if you don't you lose much content and that kind of things?

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pickpocketing at level 3, or even better, 4 with the faster mosue cursor perk, is worlds away from picking at level 1. I wouldn't try doing any real picking until 3/4, just practicing and training and rehearsing on sleeping refugees in a corner.

Still needed to pop a potion to get the Bailiff's docs thoug.

Where are the Baliff's docs? Are they on him? I assumed they were in one of the very hard chests upstairs.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Just committed my first murder. A heathen, dishonorable bandit was looting the corpses of the townsfolk so I gave him a swift death.

And then proceeded to loot the corpses myself. Because I'm the fucking hero and I need all those apples and mushrooms!!!!!!

On a side note, stats seem to matter. Bandit blocked my attack with his weapon but still lost his balance. I'm assuming that's my Strength stat doing its job?

Everything has consequences in this game.

As Radzig likes to say - You still have a lot to learn.
I only looted a couple of people on my return to Skalitz. Later I took the miller Peshek's task, snuck past the executioner's dobermans and took him out with a stranglehold while he was seated, without him seeing me. I took nothing from him or his house except the ring. I hope he won't recognize me if I go to him again, and that no one will know what I did.

However, I decided to deliver the ring on the same night. While I was on my way back, I must have been seen from Rattay's walls because I suddenly got a "crime/fine" icon (the bag of groschen), I presume because I was seen breaking curfew. But I would protest this fine, as I have not yet been inside Rattay's walls, hence I can't have broken their curfew and owe them money, because I have never been under the town's protection in the first place, so their laws can't apply for me yet. I was just a traveller returning late to his house. IDK, it seems like a bug that thing. Anyone have an idea how long it will take for Rattay to "forget" they saw a dark figure on the trail along the river at night?

Stealth is very fun, probably in part due to the limited savegames. I am currently torn between my desire to roleplay and to profit, because once you get good at stealing, you can break the game's economy even here.

Overall, I'm having great fun, thank you Warhorse. Roleplaying can be very fun when the game developer has provided the mechanics, neccessity, and restrictions needed for such style of playing.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
So, I succumbed and bought this game impulsively, against my best intents rather than wait for bug- and performance fixes.

What are the performance hacks to use in this game?

I am running with 1080GTX, i5 6600K and 16gb of RAM. Overall performance runs at 45 to 50 with nothing around and 25-35 when shit hits the fan. Running with settings between high and very high. Edit: At 1080p

Its not exactly satisfactory with the rig I have.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom