Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Finally, after 2 failed attempts to download the game (one with pre-load, another when I tried again) finally managed to get in-game. This was due to me pausing download, then download wouldn't restart because of not enough free space on HD. A common steam bug.
Steam's major selling point used to be faster downloads for me. They need to invest in their infrastructure ASAP as torrents are crazy fast nowadays.

Still, wanted to support this sort of game, so I bought.

JBro

Arbiter
I grabbed it from greenmangaming so I could support it at a cheaper price.

Someone answer me about user.cfg loading automatically.

Saxon1974

Prophet
DWFOKaSVAAE-tbX.jpg:large

I bought it a few min ago. Happy to support white supremacy. :M

I think I might buy another copy after seeing those posts. When did the world become filled with such retards?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think I may have found my first real bug.

Ginger is not at the hut where the charcoal burners said he’d be. I’ve waited nearby for 24 hours and still no show. Anyone else have this issue?

Never mind! He just showed up. Speak of the devil and he shall appear!

Game is still fucking awesome.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Smejki Is there any chance polearms will be fleshed out?
Yes, we're not very satisfied with their implementation (outside combat)

BTW there is a bug where the trainer (Bernard or whatever his name was) in Rattay trains your polearms skill (which actually goes up, but there is no such skill?) but not your mace skill. It's under the training tab in his dialogue at the training grounds, I think. For a second, that got my hopes up that you can actually learn skills that aren't initially shown in the character menu :D

Also, the trainers' armor seems to be permanently damaged from my attacks, and doesn't appear to repair itself between bouts/days/weeks?

Considering that you can stuff 10 full suits of plate in your inventory if you want, it does seem a bit strange that you can't do anything like that with a polearm. Also, are guards supposed to walk with their polearms held rigidly upright in front of them? I figure one would put it over the shoulder like a greatsword.

It'd be nice if we could at least mount a polearm somewhere on our horse. If holsterable on your person, let your char carry it either over the shoulder or in an unrealistic back holster but make it impossible to also holster a bow/arrows/shield simultaneously to balance things out. It might not be very realistic to run around with a polearm constantly, but it's terribly sad not to be able to do it either.
A spear and shield combo could be possible though, certainly on horseback you should be able to use a spear. But then, the enemies would have to have some means of countering you properly... Right now I guess all of this stuff would unbalance the game.

So far having lots of fun mopping up bandit camps on Bernard's orders. Buying a new saddle with saddlebags for my horse was mandatory haha.
Maces/hammers seem to be the best weapons class atm, I have a heavy warhammer that wrecks everything. You can kind of just do left/right alternating attacks until the enemy is down... (actual combos that you learn with perk points feel too finicky with the mouse imo, easy to accidentally get the wrong attack direction because you don't have a central position with physical feedback like on an analog stick) They (including the trainer) usually fail to block a left (your left) mace swing after a right swing for some reason. Maybe low stamina after blocking the first?

The perfect block mechanic sure can get in the way of things though. I'm not sure what sort of attack you're supposed to do to get past it? Sometimes I'm unlucky and enemies just perfect-block/counter every single attack of mine... And if I counter or dodge theirs, I can't follow up before their defense is up again because they are then either too far away or because Henry takes too long to initiate an attack after.

Another thing is that it's weird how your guy holds the polearm correctly in battle but doesn't use the bottom end that is aimed at the enemy to defend right or thrust

Anyway, pretty great so far (apart from the prologue's performance issues), with all the reactivity in quests and all the stuff you can do I can say so far that the good aspects way outweigh the issues and it's the most fun I've had in ages.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I really need to learn how to make Saviour potions lul but I've failed at the recipe 3 times and I haven't picked a plant yet even though herbalism is apparently amazing. Youtube guides it is I guess.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Is there a way to train with someone for free? I've seen combat arenas around but no one around them to talk with.

The Fish

Arcane
I've become stuck during the crimps in sasau quest, I'm pretty sure it's a bug. Has anyone here done it yet?

So, you're told to talk to an injured man at the infirmary but walking up to him only presents the option of pickpocketing. The Punch character doesn't provide any resolution either. If I kill the injured man that part of the quest successfully completes but the quest still says "find where the crimps meet" without resolution or any direction. Is there time and place you're supposed to go in order to interrupt a meeting?

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer

Ginger is not at the hut where the charcoal burners said he’d be. I’ve waited nearby for 24 hours and still no show. Anyone else have this issue?

Fuck me. He should be there 24/7. Glad he showed up.
EDIT - got an idea. Is it possible that you committed a crime (hunted animal for example) or a semi-crime (arrow fly by) of any sort near him or around this location of his?

Last edited:

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
I've become stuck during the crimps in sasau quest, I'm pretty sure it's a bug. Has anyone here done it yet?

So, you're told to talk to an injured man at the infirmary but walking up to him only presents the option of pickpocketing. The Punch character doesn't provide any resolution either. If I kill the injured man that part of the quest successfully completes but the quest still says "find where the crimps meet" without resolution or any direction. Is there time and place you're supposed to go in order to interrupt a meeting?
I've inherited the script of this quest a few days ago. Will check it. Any additional info helps. Thx in advance

Fredward

Scholar
I think I might buy another copy after seeing those posts. When did the world become filled with such retards?

If you ever wondered how on earth the whole kool-aid deathcult thing happened, it's because people like that exist.
Too bad they're out of kool-aid...

There are Tide Pods for that now.

Also, the world isn't filled with these kinds of people, you can tell by how KCD's sales seem largely unaffected. Like how most normal people won't care when a gay person's in a game, most normal people won't care that there aren't black people in medieval Bohemia.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Fuck me. He should be there 24/7. Glad he showed up.
EDIT - got an idea. Is it possible that you committed a crime (hunted animal for example) or a semi-crime (arrow fly by) of any sort near him or around this location of his?

Yes, I definitely tried my hand at poaching nearby and may have been spotted.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

If you ever wondered how on earth the whole kool-aid deathcult thing happened, it's because people like that exist.
Too bad they're out of kool-aid...

There are Tide Pods for that now.

Also, the world isn't filled with these kinds of people, you can tell by how KCD's sales seem largely unaffected. Like how most normal people won't care when a gay person's in a game, most normal people won't care that there aren't black people in medieval Bohemia.

Indeed, there don't seem to be many SJW's as such outside of some universities and such.
They get signal boosted like crazy due to their own people in various media outlets etc. May not affect game sales much, but I've run into situations irl where people fall for sjw propaganda without realizing it, sadly.
We should all be glad there's not more of them...

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
I really wish you could hire some help. Maybe a mercenary or someone just could join you for a while, especially when doing "quests" for the captain. He sends you on these suicide missions - "Hey, son, want to earn some money and help the community? Just go and kill this notorious bandit leader and his five lackeys". Kinda takes me out of the game and the game mechanics isn't designed around it if you don't wanna stealth or plink away with your bow while retreating. Hiring some help would fix this issue.

Maybe you can later on though, but I doubt it.

You can ask the captain for help in an actual main quest to fight bandits with you (requires a good bit of back-tracking, but is an option and that's really neat)... Shame that doesn't work in this case.
That being said, once you are decent with a bow (good bow and arrows and know how to hit stuff, I see a lot of people in videos not drawing the bow fully) and have a mace or hammer and 8-11 strength and such the camps can be done pretty easily. Just don't run into the middle of it... Or you can get creative, sneak (take off load clothing/armor, make yourself as low-vis as possible, use the capslock key while sneaking once you get close), poison their food supply, silently kill them etc.

Remember that you have a horse... Horse+bow just ride away at a gallop, turn the horse's left side towards enemy, shoot, rinse and repeat if you must. Haven't tried horse melee yet. The horse helped me take out the first camp when I was way under"leveled".
Just make sure you take out at least one bowman with an arrow to the head first, then if there's a second one ride far enough away that they lose aggro.

Seethe

Arbiter
All it's missing is shitting.
Wait a sec, usable toilets were cut? Or you're one of these dumbfucks who judge before playing. Either way's bad.

Not gonna dabble in purchases and refunds when others can do it for me. A couple of user reviews, a few hours of game footage and ACG's 20 minute review is all I needed. It spared me the torture.

Mind you, I was super hyped for this game the moment it was announced in 2013 or something. But then I saw some vertigo inducing combat footage in 2016 and I instantly shoved a crucifix in my monitor.

PrettyDeadman

What's up with polearms? You can train this skill with the help of arena master, you can use polearms, but the character doesn't actually have the skill. Is this intended?

Inziladun

Magister
I managed to bag a deer so I got a shitloads of meat plus couple rabbits.
So if you kill a deer it counts for like 5 rabbits or something?
Only rabbit kills count in that quest.

Not sure if this is a bug or not. Is this quest supposed to be dynamic? It registered as me winning the "competition" as soon as I killed my first rabbit and it took me a while to kill him too. Thought I was going to lose for sure. I'm not sure if this was because it was late in the day when I got to this part of the quest and it was trying to wrap it up before night came.

Inziladun

Magister
Also found another one. After the horse race with Zora's dappled grey, if you win she says she'll reward you with a saddle. But she never coughs up the saddle, just some coin.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Neuhof spoilers

I thought I was getting the hang of the combat, but these two thugs that Ginger asks me to kill are kicking my ass. Feels nearly impossible to take on multiple opponents at once.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Neuhof spoilers

I thought I was getting the hang of the combat, but these two thugs that Ginger asks me to kill are kicking my ass. Feels nearly impossible to take on multiple opponents at once.
Go back (fast travel) to captain barnard/bernard dummy.
He'll get mad at you if you go solo, anyway.

Gremius

Augur
Neuhof spoilers

I was able to beat them up after a few tries.

First I came closer to their camp sneaking as they were sleeping, then fast knocked out one of them from behind, and then soloing second one. He was still hard but managed to kick his ass.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom