Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

ArchAngel

Arcane
And there are no green slot supports that give decent dps.

Cremation with GMP?
I meant in Body Swap setup. I use Body Swap + Fire Pen + Elemental Focus + Controlled Destruction + Chance to ignite + Empower. Only green support that does anything is Culling Strike but it is not nearly good enough to be used as a regular gem. Also its biggest usefulness is in boss fights and I would swap it out to put DD or Volatile Dead inside.
Spell totem is provided by Soul Mantle unique armor.

Also realistically, this totem build would work better if I just used Volatile Dead totems instead while I just provide corpses with Desecrate+Spell Cascade+Inc duration+Arcane surge.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Desecrate+Spell Cascade+Inc duration+Arcane surge

Inc duration? Maybe you've meant 'faster casting'?
No, it gives 2-3s more to arcane surge. And in this setup you can only have lvl 8 arcane surge to make sure you activate it with one cast of desecrate.

Other option of this setup is Unearth+gmp+inc duration+arcane surge. This combination has no cooldown and charges (desecrate has those) but gives you much less corpses per cast and only 10 can exist at same time.
Desecrate gives 15 corpses per one cast with spell cascade. It also makes them in a nice line that you can use to blow up all mobs in front of you on the whole screen :)

EDIT: This is the PoB link of the existing character taken from my profile: https://pastebin.com/bchur5rB

I am soon going to take some of its items for Scion so better if I leave it here first.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Desecrate+Spell Cascade+Inc duration+Arcane surge

Inc duration? Maybe you've meant 'faster casting'?
No, it gives 2-3s more to arcane surge. And in this setup you can only have lvl 8 arcane surge to make sure you activate it with one cast of desecrate.

Other option of this setup is Unearth+gmp+inc duration+arcane surge. This combination has no cooldown and charges (desecrate has those) but gives you much less corpses per cast and only 10 can exist at same time.
Desecrate gives 15 corpses per one cast with spell cascade. It also makes them in a nice line that you can use to blow up all mobs in front of you on the whole screen :)

EDIT: This is the PoB link of the existing character taken from my profile: https://pastebin.com/bchur5rB

I am soon going to take some of its items for Scion so better if I leave it here first.
OK I needed to quote myself to say I given up on this build. It works well until you start doing t14 and beyond. The time you need to spawn corpses and then blow them up is too long, you can get killed or close often because of that. Also bosses are irritating to fight if they are the kind that likes to move around a lot.

Back to the drawing board. I saw a RF build using 2x Dydus and cycloning to apply that debuff and then I made a Blood Magic version with more max life (up to 10k). I might want to try that one if I feel like it before league ends (which means respec my existing Juggernaut into this juggernaut).

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Now, when you obtain the 15th memory fragment, you’ll be able to open the infamous locked door and enter the Shaper’s laboratory. Inside, you’ll obtain the Elder’s Orb. This powerful orb will allow you to upgrade the tier of any map on the Atlas to Tier 16
Okay then, T16 Beach it is.

This looks like fun.

Last edited:

frajaq

Erudite
a bold prediction: having to stop to capture the beasts constantly while clearing maps is gonna get annoying really fast

T. Reich

Arcane
Wow, a Pokemon league!

So, you have to use a separate skill to capture mobs? Laaaaaame.
My guess is that you'll probably have to get them down to a certain % of life before even being able to use that skill - have fun, people with high dps! Especially in high tier maps, where mucking around even white mobs can cause you serious harm.

Unless GGG have planned some serious QoL regarding the league's mechanics, it's gonna get super-tedious. GGG being GGG, they probably haven't...

Also, GGG-patented multiple layers of RNG detected: RNG to find the right mob -> RNG to capture the right mob -> RNG of (not) getting the desired effect when sacrificing the mob to the altar -> further RNG for special boss area encounter, because you bet your sweet ass you can only get to that blue tiger if you sacrifice enough specific mobs to the altar.

P.S.: My prediction is that this new league will not be retained after it ends because it looks like the most micromanaging shit GGG ever released, beating Talisman and Legacy combined.

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Once you have high damage, you can throw the net first then kill the monster and you'll still be able to capture it.

The skill will also be on an extra skill slot, similar to the detonate Mines skill.

T. Reich

Arcane
I really have no idea why they haven't made you simply collect the specific animal parts instead.
Make them only drop from magic+ mobs - low % for magics (higher for bloodlines), high % for rares (higher for nemesis). And then you could harvest the specific map bosses (and possibly the new random mob spawns) for extra strong shizzle.
Would that be shitty layers of RNG all over again? You bet! But it still would be much less of a hassle than setting up a snare. Plus harvesting the map bosses would make it relavively more appealing to open the atlas instead of locking yourself into one specific sextant-blocked map.
And the whole B L O O D S A C R I F I C E arena thing would be easily replicated by making angry spirit animals appearing to avenge the animal murders instead of you murdering your captive animals.

GGG went the overly complicated way instead, though.

P.S.: I've just realised that the way the system is currently set up, seemingly makes trading your captured animals with the other players impossible? If true, that's extra dumb.
Another concern is: is that snare a consumable? How much inventory space does it take up? How often does it drop? If it's something like divine vessels, it's extra dumb.

So much potential for this league to be useless shit, I'm worried here.

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
not hyped for league mechanics.
looks super tedious and at some point, such an intake of additional content can bloat things into oblivion.

ascendancy remakes will shake things up pretty hefty i suppose.

also:

new Snare Stash Tab inc

Saark

Arcane
Patron
As far as I'm aware the trap itself is just a gem that you socket and then you get a skill that is basically Detonate Mines, i.e. you get an extra keybind to use it, and with a proper build you will most likely just drop it on whatever beast-enemy you see or want, blast it into oblivion and continue with your mapping. Depending on the cast-time and cooldown this may either be extremely intrusive, slow the game down and feel super-bad - or it may be just another button you press on occasion. If it's the latter the league may be a success, if its the former the league is fucked. I am however fairly sure that GGG thought about that and it will most likely be possible to capture 5-10 beasts per map without really thinking about it all too much, while the invasion-style addition of special beasts seems to cater to the people who don't really want to engage in the crafting mechanic but still want a few more challenging monsters to slay and still provide them with the beasts for some of the rarer recipes.

All in all I was a bit scared that the league doesn't really provide anything new for the endgame experience, seeing how you could spend most of your time capturing white trashmobs to craft shit and not advance your atlas as much, so it will mostly depend on the spawn-rate of special packs of beasts to feel new enough.
Even if it is a fairly bad league-mechanic I figured that with the rather big change to mapping in general during the last league, this league is mostly about rebalancing ascendancies and getting more people into crafting by using a gimmicky league-mechanic, all the while checking out how those balance changes pan out. With about 40-50 new uniques, a lot of them being fated uniques which are generally build defining, there should be plenty of new stuff to check out even if you don't care at all about the league mechanic itself. Also, Uber-Elder.

It still seems a bit underwhelming but its also something that most likely needs to be played to be judged properly.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am also not hyped at all for new league mechanics, hopefully Ascendancy changes and other unannounced ones make it worth playing. I am very very close to taking one league break from PoE like I did during Legacy league.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
After looking at Chieftan a bit more
Chieftain.jpg
I must say I will probably try something with it. I am thinking RF with BV with 100% phy conversion to fire. Seems this will now stay only ascendancy with leech for spells (unless Scion also gets that) so I got to use that to my advantage :D
Also maxing Strength and using Iron Will (probably through those unique gloves)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
My guess is that you'll probably have to get them down to a certain % of life before even being able to use that skill - have fun, people with high dps! .
Have you fought against Shaper/Elder/Abyss bosses? They stop receiving damage to play their animations (and run away/send you elsewhere), something like these games where you fight with the boss, you kick his ass but in the cutscene you (and your team) boss run away or you get kicked in the arse.

a bold prediction: having to stop to capture the beasts constantly while clearing maps is gonna get annoying really fast
Like pushing Shaper/Elder influence on the atlas with hundred(s) of maps?

frajaq

Erudite
Would love to see what the fuck they're gonna do with Elementalist/Deadeye/Champion

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom