Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

KateMicucci

Arcane
I just tried again. It seems like you CAN move out of range of the riposte if you're far enough away but that breaks his animation too. It still doesn't seem blockable though.

Seethe

Arbiter
Pretty sure I attacked this game for being a rancid pile of Eurojank that only slavs like. Same with ELEX.

How's it feel, Seethe, to be a bitch?

How does it feel to have shit tastes from all the shit eating? How's this game being praised is beyond my comprehension. It's like someone modded Skyrim Oblivion with a bunch of retarded "muh immersion" mods like eating, and drinking, and long animations for doing basic tasks like flower picking. All it's missing is pissing, shitting and rape.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Must say that the game is great. Just managed to persuade a horny noble woman to help me escape the castle because i have to bury my parents. First thing i do once outside is get drunk fuck the local wash girls and now picking flowers for that sweet dosh while walking like zombie.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Pretty sure I attacked this game for being a rancid pile of Eurojank that only slavs like. Same with ELEX.

How does it feel to have shit tastes from all the shit eating? How's this game being praised is beyond my comprehension. It's like someone modded Skyrim Oblivion with a bunch of retarded "muh immersion" mods like eating, and drinking, and long animations for doing basic tasks like flower picking. All it's missing is pissing, shitting and rape.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
There is an innkeeper who will pay you well for venison a little southeast of the charcoal burners who know about Ginger. But be careful, it’s illegal to kill deer—makes you a poacher, like Robin Hood—so don’t get caught.
Doesn't he only pay for roe meat? I remember trying to sell him red deer venison and he wouldn't buy it, but of course you can always just sell it to the miller fence.
Cooking the meat 'launders' it. I've done a couple deer-poaching expeditions around Hans' spot and it seems to be the best early-game moneymaker. No need to sneak since just running after them like a madman to trap them on the terrain works well, but be careful not to be spotted by wayfarers. Take bigger hauls to Rattay's 3 innkeepers and butcher.

I'm liking this more than anticipated, though being recruited into a town guard even though my reputation amongst them is so low that it prompts random searches wasn't the game's finest moment.

Sentinel

Arcane

seethe?
more like seething

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:negative: Just lost an hour of gameplay and 6 levels of herbelmaster.....whoever decided that no saves is ok and didn't add a timed autosave is a fucking retard. Downloading the save mod. Fuck that shit!!!

Zer0wing

Cipher
:negative: Just lost an hour of gameplay and 6 levels of herbelmaster.....whoever decided that no saves is ok and didn't add a timed autosave is a fucking retard. Downloading the save mod. Fuck that shit!!!
STALKER and Bloodlines PTSD. :prosper:Haven't run into problems yet but it's such a familiar incident.

Mortmal

Arcane
its not dumbed down popamole, without using bow , its absurdly hard borderline unplayable.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Cooking the meat 'launders' it. I've done a couple deer-poaching expeditions around Hans' spot and it seems to be the best early-game moneymaker.
Too hard, concidering you can find nearest chickens, a herd of sheep or alike, and club them with a mace to death. Their meat would count as stolen, but - take all your 900 lamb meat to nearest fire, and voila, you have not stolen cooked lamb which is also double the price.

Although I did get tanner perk since I am doing hunting quests anyway.

Oh and people who want unlimited saves, herbalist womyn have unlimited belladonna, it replenishes every 8 hours. I found one such womyn with 8 belladonna west of horse farm where you get first quest with Pebbles. I was autistic enough to only make 20 savescum pots so far though. Each cost 40-100 shekels depending on trader/persuasion I think but to make 4 I spent 10 shekels. Womynz also helpful enough to teach you alchemy, you can sleep in their beds, they have their own alchemy tables and forest around is always full of plants and game which you can sell them.

Fond of my memories of mystic gypsy womynz from Arcanum I tried to kill one, but she only had 1 key to her laundry chest. But she had no key to Very Hard second chest. I wonder if her recipe book collection worth of 5000 shekels is in there or not, but I am shit at lockpicking.

By the way, I recommend to leave all your armor in a trunk for some later times - that's what I did anyway. Carry a bow, a weapon & some charisma clothes. Sure, you can run around in hauberk all the time, but it will put you above 100 weight and it won't help much in combat since if you're shit, you will lose more from a fight anyway. Say hauberk costed you 600 coins. After it loses half durability repairing it would cost 1/10 for me it was 60 coins. And you can't repair it unless you are good at Maintenance skill & have Big Repair Kit which would also cost 150+ coins to buy.

People you can club to death with your low skill you can kill with almost no armor. And with 100 free weight you can carry a ton of loot, herbs, meat, etc.
I actually began doing better in fights almost without armor due to higher speed and stamina.

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin
Finally, after 2 failed attempts to download the game (one with pre-load, another when I tried again) finally managed to get in-game. This was due to me pausing download, then download wouldn't restart because of not enough free space on HD. A common steam bug.

So far, I'm in the beginning. But I already fell in love with this game. Frame rate is on the 40 range in very high, with a 970 GTX and i7-2600 16 Gb ram. It's perfectly accetable to me.

Only bug/glitch so far I encountered is texture taking time to load, but I get that will eventually be fixed.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The frame rate on mid tier systems is exceptionally good, the ability avoid sick FPS drops on high roller 1080ti systems is super bad with this game. It's a weird combination, hopefully they can fix it with the patch.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
I am still so bad at combat. :/ Still tend to panic and button mash if there are more than one opponent. I think I'll catch those fucking nightingales and come back to clean out the bandit camp later. :/

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Is there a limit for free training? Can you get good in terms of stats, with training, indefinetely?

Sentinel

Arcane
Finally, after 2 failed attempts to download the game (one with pre-load, another when I tried again) finally managed to get in-game. This was due to me pausing download, then download wouldn't restart because of not enough free space on HD. A common steam bug.

So far, I'm in the beginning. But I already fell in love with this game. Frame rate is on the 40 range in very high, with a 970 GTX and i7-2600 16 Gb ram. It's perfectly accetable to me.

Only bug/glitch so far I encountered is texture taking time to load, but I get that will eventually be fixed.
try this
https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Kingdom_Come:_Deliverance#Improve_mipmap_streaming
Increase the game mipmap LOD value to prevent the game from constantly reloading the mipmaps from the disk[12]
  1. Open the in-game console with ~
  2. Type r_TexturesStreamingMipBias -3
  3. Press ↵ Enter, then close the console with ~
Notes
This workaround might cause a 2-4 FPS loss.
You can also apply this fix by adding the above line to your user.cfg file, mentioned above.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I really wish you could hire some help. Maybe a mercenary or someone just could join you for a while, especially when doing "quests" for the captain. He sends you on these suicide missions - "Hey, son, want to earn some money and help the community? Just go and kill this notorious bandit leader and his five lackeys". Kinda takes me out of the game and the game mechanics isn't designed around it if you don't wanna stealth or plink away with your bow while retreating. Hiring some help would fix this issue.

Maybe you can later on though, but I doubt it.

JBro

Arbiter
Is my user.cfg supposed to be loading automatically when I start the game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom