Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 5 - going back to WW2

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
pps-41-artwork-2-battlefield-2018.jpg

pps-41-artwork-battlefield-2018.jpg

https://www.gamepur.com/news/28413-battlefield-2018-wwii-setting-leaked.html

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The chances of having it without origin and bringing old game modes are probably close to zero however.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Rumors of a WW2 battlefield have been going pretty strong lately. Not sure what those pics are supposed to prove though. Sure the first gun is a PPSh, but the second one is an AS-VAL a 1990s era weapon.

Makabb which old game modes are you missing in the latest battlefield games?

Mustawd

K'.

In the meantime Day of Defeat is $10 and has an active community. But whatever.

DemonKing

Arcane
BF1 in a WW2 skin would be great as there was a much bigger variety in vehicle tech. Also it would make sense to have more people lugging around sub-machine guns, automatic rifles, LMGs etc. BF1 should be almost entirely bolt action rifles but instead it's mostly spray and pray action like most modern shooters.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Can't wait to experience WW2 with the BAF being all black, now that this groundbreaking research has established that the first modern Brit had dark, or even black skin.

Do your job, DICE! I know that you can do it!

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Probably fake as shit to be honest. I wouldn't be surprised if it was WW2 but I would just want another Bad Company 2 to be honest. BC2 was one of the best balanced Battlefield games to date without vehicles constantly raping infantry or vice versa.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I hope neural networking and self-learning AI brings about a new age for bots in gaming. Bots have been neglected for too long in multiplayer games, bots meant that you can get the core gameplay even if servers were shut down, which is awesome.

orcinator

Liturgist
Given how awful (even by bland smackahoe shooter standards) the Battlefield campaigns have been I fully expect they'll fuck up something as simple as MP with bots.

Ezekiel

Arcane
I doubt I'm ever playing another Battlefield. 3 and 4 are so boring.

TheRedSnifit

Educated
Probably fake as shit to be honest. I wouldn't be surprised if it was WW2 but I would just want another Bad Company 2 to be honest. BC2 was one of the best balanced Battlefield games to date without vehicles constantly raping infantry or vice versa.

I saw plenty of BC2 matches where both teams were just spawn killing each other with helicopters. The helicopter pilots would just form truces and slaughter each others' teams as soon as they spawned.

Vehicles haven't been properly balanced since BF2 (jets aside) because they got rid of needing multiple players (separate driver and gunner, engineer needed to repair, ammo resupplies) to keep them running smoothly, so in every game tanks are either way overpowered or way underpowered. BF1 walked this back a bit with proper multi-seat vehicles, but they still couldn't resist giving them self-repair and driver cannons.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

I saw plenty of BC2 matches where both teams were just spawn killing each other with helicopters. The helicopter pilots would just form truces and slaughter each others' teams as soon as they spawned.

Vehicles haven't been properly balanced since BF2 (jets aside) because they got rid of needing multiple players (separate driver and gunner, engineer needed to repair, ammo resupplies) to keep them running smoothly, so in every game tanks are either way overpowered or way underpowered. BF1 walked this back a bit with proper multi-seat vehicles, but they still couldn't resist giving them self-repair and driver cannons.
What are you talking about? Battlefield has had tank drivers also control the main cannon ever since 1942.

TheRedSnifit

Educated

What are you talking about? Battlefield has had tank drivers also control the main cannon ever since 1942.

Did it? I might be getting mixed up with PR.

Regardless, if you want powerful tanks then remove auto repair, bring back engineer, require a vehicle crew, require ammo resupplies - something, ANYTHING to level the playing field, because the amount of coordination required as infantry is way out of wack to what one decent guy in a single seater vehicle can do. It should be a team effort to bring them down and a team effort to keep them up. Instead every game makes them obscenely easy to use, or obscenely easy to kill.

Last edited:

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Battlefield franchise is dead, its basically a CoD, run and gun K/D team deathmatch. Sales and number of players tells that people aren't that interested in the game -at least keeping the audience for a longer time like 2 years, the hype buyers aren't playing the BF1 today. Maybe that's the typical modern shooter experience, and im just old fag, expecting FPS games to last long time, like CS 1.6, Quake, UT,MoH AA.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom