Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I was hunting with ser Hans Capon and it crashed making me lose half an hour of work, I had already killed at least five rabbits and I was finally levelling up bow and other skills. Now I have to start over again. :negative:

I've encountered basically zero bugs up until now, but it's already the third time it crashes. Pls fix it, Smejki.

Aside from that, the game is great, so far I'm loving it.

I managed to bag a deer so I got a shitloads of meat plus couple rabbits.

Elex

Arbiter
kingdom-come.jpeg

kingdom-come.jpeg

This is it, boyos! The turning point!

A developer gave the middle finger to SJWs and made MASSIVE BUCKS in the process. Maybe we can start dreaming about big budget titles without niggers and trannies again! Other devs can't possibly ignore KCD now.
B-but how is it possible? The SJW said on twitter that KCD is a racist and sexist game made by a nazi, while Wolfenstein is a courageous game with women of colour and other POC in lead roles that takes a punch to Nazi America. How can it be?
It's almost like SJW don't count for nothing outside their retarded echo chambers and are not nearly as numerous as they like to think in real world.
i only imagine bethesda bosses reading this thread (we all know they are
reading)

Deathsquid

Learned
DLC with woman protagonist ? Its about time ! I hope this time they include a jewish money lender ,a muslim slaver , and why not some "picturesque" gypsies else they will be slammed again for lack of diversity.

More like:

DLC with a woman protagonist? This is a fucking outrage, it was promised to be part of the base game for free. They better not think charging money from KS backers for this.
Of course the DLC will be given for free to KS backers
Awesome :)

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Anyone far enough into the game found real armor yet? Does the layer system they mentioned during development actually work?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone far enough into the game found real armor yet? Does the layer system they mentioned during development actually work?

I just got a chain hauberk to go over my gambeson and it has dramatically improved my odds of survival.

. I was having trouble with the two bandits who are out to kill Ginger, but the armor helped me eke out a win.

Shin

Cipher
It'd be very neat if they added an option for 'save and quit' so you could at least quit playing whenever you like without having access to the mighty F9.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Did disabling vsync help your dps? I tried and I dont see any effect on my framerate.

Elex

Arbiter
Doesn't really matter. Wolf2 had a MASSIVE budget and produced mediocre results. KCD had a decent budget and sold like hotcakes. Investors will notice the trend. And turning a blind eye to the obvious pandering doesn't make you special. "NO, UR JUST AS BAD AS THE OTHER GUISE" is a shit tier non-argument. Sorry mate. Keep developing games, tho.
Can people stop using money and profit as an example of quality game? If money would be only thing that matters. Mass Effect Andromeda would be totally awesome, while Vogel's games would be total crap. (And Sims would be a pinnacle of game design. Which they kinda are, but only from theoretical point of view of person who studied post gradual education in game development and AI. Which for these who are normal means he probably means it was crap but for these with post-gradual it has some qualities they are using in incomprehensible dissertations about art and whatever stuff... Something like movie critics.)

KCD was released as technological disaster with some redeeming qualities. And that's it. Would it be viewed to be as extraordinary as Vampire Bloodlines were 10 years later? Probably not. Would it be better than Mafia? That's the question, when it will be viewed 10 later as better game, it would mean these developers improved themselves, and it wasn't only they had more money to throw at wall and hoped it sticks.

(Of course I'd prefer if Troika would survive as charity organization paid by government, and releasing quality freeware. But it's what it's. Players needs hope for decent games that made in spite of current profit based societies.)
money and success matter when you hope that other company copy something from a game.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So if you kill a deer it counts for like 5 rabbits or something?

No idea, but I presume it's more valuable than rabbits.

There is an innkeeper who will pay you well for venison a little southeast of the charcoal burners who know about Ginger. But be careful, it’s illegal to kill deer—makes you a poacher, like Robin Hood—so don’t get caught.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

I just got a chain hauberk to go over my gambeson and it has dramatically improved my odds of survival.

. I was having trouble with the two bandits who are out to kill Ginger, but the armor helped me eke out a win.
Cool, but I meant visually. During ks they mentioned a layer system that would allow you to go clothes -> gambeson -> chainmail -> plate and it would all mix and match both visually and stats wise. Huge incline if properly implemented, but I only played the tutorial so I don't know if they actually delivered.

Here:

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So if you kill a deer it counts for like 5 rabbits or something?

No idea, but I presume it's more valuable than rabbits.

There is an innkeeper who will pay you well for venison a little southeast of the charcoal burners who know about Ginger. But be careful, it’s illegal to kill deer—makes you a poacher, like Robin Hood—so don’t get caught.
Doesn't he only pay for roe meat? I remember trying to sell him red deer venison and he wouldn't buy it, but of course you can always just sell it to the miller fence.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Cool, but I meant visually. During ks they mentioned a layer system that would allow you to go clothes -> gambeson -> chainmail -> plate and it would all mix and match both visually and stats wise. Huge incline if properly implemented, but I only played the tutorial so I don't know if they actually delivered.
Yes there are like 9+ pieces of equipment you can wear shirt+gambeson+mail etc., there is some texture tearing but it mostly works.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I find it somewhat hilarious that most of the time someone bitches about Vávra, they call him varva. It's as if these people had difficulty with written text or something :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom