Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Deleted member 7219

a2f5910d5457b92d821236d02d6c3d85.gif

Deleted member 7219

I just wish Warhorse hadn't released Kingdom Come: Deliverance this week.

I've completed TOCS 2 already and I'm in a dilemma over which game I should play to completion first.

Deflowerer

Arcane
I guess I have to get on this weeb train as well at some point, damn. Are LOGH games similar to Suikoden?

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Only in really broad strokes. Unless you count talking to NPCs and reactivity as similar, because that's kind of the same.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Anyone who chooses weak Warhomo eurojank over glorious Nihon Falcom steel should be beheaded.

Deleted member 7219

i got both

So did I, but my evenings are short and I don't really have enough time to play two games at once.

I think I'll put KCD to the side for now, maybe it'll get even better with patches. TOCS 2 is triple distilled incline the way it is right now and I'm itching to do another playthrough.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
So did I, but my evenings are short and I don't really have enough time to play two games at once.

I think I'll put KCD to the side for now, maybe it'll get even better with patches. TOCS 2 is triple distilled incline the way it is right now and I'm itching to do another playthrough.
The triple incline comes from Sara becoming a regular companion this time around.

i wonder how many takes it took the guy who voices
McBurn
to do any line in which he has to say his own name

please refrain from spoiling yourself if you haven't played yet and want to have a good laugh when you see him

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Finished the prologue and god damn the plot moves fast now.

Also uncompressed quality audio with headphone AIDIOS' DIVINE BUTTOCKS DAMNED! SO FUCKING GUT i didnt have this headphone and just use small speaker when i played CS 1 and sky, now this, the music is just eargasmic

Naesaki

Novice
Lurked around for a while but finally made an account and I just have to say that Sara is the best girl <3 Though Towa is a close second I guess.

Really loving the PC port and all the additional voice acting, double/triple on this series is pretty much the only one I've ever done it with, no regrets whatsoever.

Deleted member 7219

Lurked around for a while but finally made an account and I just have to say that Sara is the best girl <3 Though Towa is a close second I guess.

Really loving the PC port and all the additional voice acting, double/triple on this series is pretty much the only one I've ever done it with, no regrets whatsoever.

As first posts go that's a pretty good one.

Welcome to the 'dex.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Got to garelia fortress. Yup i am playing good old trails.

Few games made me lost track of time. I been playing for 4 hours with some little breaks in between.

And claire!

:love:

Just need sara and my baes gonna be complete

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

Welcome to the 'dex.
His declaration of love for Sara earned him my vote for best new member of the year.

Naesaki

Novice

Welcome to the 'dex.

Hehe, gotta start somewhere and thanks.

His declaration of love for Sara earned him my vote for best new member of the year.

She is after all, the only correct choice. Now if only Falcom would stop trying to shoehorn Alisa as the 'canon' love interest that'd be swell but alas that ship has long set sail. One can hope that come the end of CSIV the other characters will have satisfying endings on the Rean Love Train +M

Just got to Act 1 Part 2 so clearly have to take op Claire with me, sorry Toval buddy I know you can cast insanely fast but well Claire has an OP party wide buff. Though as soon as Sharon appears, the need to get the item she gives is insanely high. Eternal Delay Machine Rean is not one to be ignored once you get that accessory for him.

Naesaki

Novice
on the other hand game isn't selling too hot atm :(

http://steamspy.com/app/748490

pretty much fell out of global seller too whence it was #2 behind KC:D.

CS I stayed in the top 10 for at least a week.

it just hurts

:cry::cry::cry:

Sadly a lot it boils down to most will have already played the vita or ps3 versions and see no need to buy again, with the extra voice acting and quality of life features not being enough incentive and then we have the whole since its a direct sequel, those who didn't buy or finish the first won't buy it either.

Hopefully when future sales come around it'll get a bit of a boon though It does leave me wondering what level of sales are XSEED content/happy with?

Sky SC and The Third had similar selling issues I think on steam as well no? This franchise does deserve all the love it can get really and I do really hope one day Zero and Ao will see the light of day, though the fan patch for Zero isn't far off now at least so there's that.

Deleted member 7219

on the other hand game isn't selling too hot atm :(

http://steamspy.com/app/748490

pretty much fell out of global seller too whence it was #2 behind KC:D.

CS I stayed in the top 10 for at least a week.

it just hurts

:cry::cry::cry:

Releasing in the same week as KCD, and only a few weeks after Final Fantasy XII weren't good moves. People who like RPGs will be playing KCD and the hardcore JRPG audience will still be busy with FF XII.

Then Steam launched a sale a day later. That was extremely unfortunate but this kind of thing happens all the time.

They should have released in January when there was no competition.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom