Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What is people's complaint about lockpicking? I found it easier than Gothic or Skyrim, just hold D and move your mouse. I have pretty high mouse sensitivity, maybe that's why I'm finding it easy.

It's fucking hard. I'll increase my sensitivity--hopefully that will help. I was very tempted to get the lockpicking mod, but at least for now I'm going to persevere with the base game. The challenge is actually a lot of fun, albeit very frustrating from time to time.

Question: who is working on the official kodex review(s)? I know it just came out, but the interwebs need guidance, especially on this mostly excellent but controversial eurojanky ARPG. Someone sufficiently monocled and in need of doritos, please step forward. I very much want the industry to throw more money at games like this, so, please, fellow codexians, hop aboard the hype train!

I have to set mouse sensitivity lower/slower for lockpicking, which made it easier for me. I wonder if it has anything to do with framerate, for me they seem to be about around 30. Getting new gfx card today so I'll get to test that theory.

Also hint for those playing, if you haven't thought this out yet, pick up swords etc from the enemies and go fix them using grindstone, that is great for gaining levels in maintain-skill.

Hmm, I increased my sensitivity to right below the max and it became a lot easier. But I think I that may be more correlation than causation. Once I had more control of the mouse, I quickly figured out what I’d been doing wrong—I was trying to move the pick too rapidly. Since I slowed down, I’ve opened six easy locks and only broke one lockpick.

Anyone having trouble with lockpicking, always err on the side of moving the ball slowly. Going too fast breaks your picks much sooner than going too slow.

Has anybody gotten to play with polearms yet? I feel like swords are the best way to finish off the lightly armored foes that you face early on, but I would love me something with more reach.

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
That moment when the game runs at medium setting for 30-40fps on potato i3 4130 + R7 260X :dance:

You are talking :P. I have a second gen. I5 and a GTX 660 ****M***. And it runs perfectly fine on low and that made my day.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I spent half an hour running around the miller in Rattay looking for that stupid shovel.
game of the year.

Same here. I caught myself thinking "This is bullshit" then I realised the game wasn't handholding me at all. And I liked that.

Reminded me of Morrowind where it was possible to spend hours looking for something. That's been something that has been lost in more recent RPGs.

Reminds me of the Nord King burial ship which was somewhere E of Vivec on the coast; Could not find it even with Internet tips (it was before Jewtube spoiled us). Those were the times.

Codex Year of the Donut
Horse riding becomes alot easier if you just use keybkard.

Right. Now I just need a good keybkard. Anyone knows where they sell those?
Get an old mechanical ~1980s one on ebay. Modern keyboards are trash. Model M are overpriced due to popularity, there are equally good ones from the same time period.
I personally use a Unitek K-258 that I picked up on ebay, was never removed from its box.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just listening to Vavra describing how insanely difficult it was to cram a game of this size and complexity in the limited console RAM. Severe compromises had to be made for AI and especially textures. How they managed to pull it off on consoles is a goddamn mystery.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

It dawned on me when he was talking about the restrictions, that they actually have a way to make the game easier. If I can think of the game characters as of real people and assume them to act like real people with regards to their daily schedule, this suddenly enables a lot of "emergent gameplay" stuff. I mean, I know each of those people will eventually have to go to eat, or sleep, or work. I know if I stand them up for a long time, they won't wait for me forever and they will get pissed off. I can make plans and decisions based on these expectations I have of their behavior.

Whereas, in a game where the NPC will forever be doing the same thing or standing in the same place, the player has to constantly switch between "gamer thinking" and "immersed thinking".

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Smejki , have you guys encountered cases of missing non-English audio for some sentences, or English lines playing instead of non-English lines in some dialogues?
Deosn't ring a bell. Any instances?
French audio switches to English in the conversation when sir Robart is waking Henry up during the night, to come watch Radzig's passing by Talmberg.

During the conversation with Divish's wife in the night, some of Henry's French lines are consistently not being played. The conversation with the right-hand Radzig guard (right at the start of the game), where he gives you the sword guard, also has one French language line (of Henry's) which is consistently not voiced.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
ggyGkiZ.jpg

You've reached a new level in RAPE. One Rape Perk Point now available.

Was it tasteful though?

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I like it that they show just the general area on many quests where to look for in the map, instead of straight to the spot.

Vicar

Cipher
Patron
I spent half an hour running around the miller in Rattay looking for that stupid shovel.
game of the year.

I just asked the miller where the shovel is and he told me the location then.

I like how the game often "response" real instead like a typical game.
I especially like how we don’t even need the shovel, I bought the ring off the executioner directly.

so many bugs, so many questionable choices, but just by the tutorial i can feel a huge potential. let's hold on hope.

Mortmal

Arcane
Wow, I don't think I can play this game anymore. Turns out it's racist and you're an MRA if you play it!

5ff40af0ea.png

Same thing on french medias, i am opening numerama today and read "kingdom come a racist game?" they arent even speaking aboutt he qualities of the game or anything else , of course they conclude its racist and vavra is a white supremacist , the devil incarnate.I've never seen any game getting such treatment before.

https://www.numerama.com/pop-cultur...historique-ne-tient-pas-face-a-lhistoire.html

Elex

Arbiter
where is the skip tutorial mod?

Wow, I don't think I can play this game anymore. Turns out it's racist and you're an MRA if you play it!

5ff40af0ea.png

Same thing on french medias, i am opening numerama today and read "kingdom come a racist game?" they arent even speaking aboutt he qualities of the game or anything else , of course they conclude its racist and vavra is a white supremacist , the devil incarnate.I've never seen any game getting such treatment before.

https://www.numerama.com/pop-cultur...historique-ne-tient-pas-face-a-lhistoire.html

meanwhile in italy:

http://www.feudalesimoeliberta.org/

https://m.facebook.com/feudalesimoe...090110677797868/?type=3&source=48&__tn__=EH-R

Nyast

Cipher
Question about the noble son hunt party quest.

Does anybody know what happens if you fail it ( you don't follow him on his horse for example ) ?

When I did the quest, I lost him in the forest and he gets captured by bandits, so I had to rescue him. If you don't follow him and fail the quest, does he still get captured ? How does this affect the next quest ?

Geckabor

Savant
Is there any place where one can read the changelog of the updates? I don't understand why nothing is being posted on their steam news.

Brancaleone

Liturgist
Don't have time to play it in the foreseeable future, so for now I'll just bask in SJW's butthurt/meltdowns.

Hurt for the Butthurt God!
Meltdowns for the Melted Throne!

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Is there any place where one can read the changelog of the updates? I don't understand why nothing is being posted on their steam news.
I've already asked around, nobody answered which means there are no patch notes lol.

So everytime an update downloads just imagine the game got two inches better.

norolim

Arcane
Get an old mechanical ~1980s one on ebay. Modern keyboards are trash. Model M are overpriced due to popularity, there are equally good ones from the same time period.
I personally use a Unitek K-258 that I picked up on ebay, was never removed from its box.
Bro, I was asking about a keybkard, not a keyboard. I have a Model M. Can't imagine working on anything other that that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom