Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Master

Arbiter
Wow what a dumb asshole
"Pirahna Bytes is infamous for designing terrible combat"
except they designed the best action combat system to date.

I meant gothic 1 and 2.

Have you seriously not gotten the Dark Souls memo yet?

But BEFORE Dark Souls the best and most enjoyable aRPG combat I had ever played was in Risen 1.

Risen was good but i wish they stuck with the Gothic formula. The whole "swing animation gets faster as you level up" is fucking genius. Simple and effective and it makes sense. What more do you need?

As for DS, fuck any game with swords where you cant chop off heads and limbs(except Gothic).

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So, I guess there is no alternative way to solve these two quests:
- Katta. I need to steal the shit and blame Drog for it, right?
- The quest where I'm supposed to steal the religious book for the woman in Ignadon. I can't tell the authorities what she's up to or anything, correct?

Because if that's the case and there is no alternative solution then I will not finish these quests because of role-playing reasons.

I thought people were memeing or trolling or whatever when they said this game was GOTY or even good but they fucking WEREN'T THIS GAME IS AWESOME

I'm 12ish hours in and lovin' every single minute even though I had to- no because I had to Benny Hill'd my way at the start of the game but now I'm a Cleric and got a PSI amplifier and I'm blasting my way through

I haven't read much because I don't wanna get spoiled but I'll be back this game kicks ass I love it

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I thought people were memeing or trolling or whatever when they said this game was GOTY or even good but they fucking WEREN'T THIS GAME IS AWESOME

I'm 12ish hours in and lovin' every single minute even though I had to- no because I had to Benny Hill'd my way at the start of the game but now I'm a Cleric and got a PSI amplifier and I'm blasting my way through

I haven't read much because I don't wanna get spoiled but I'll be back this game kicks ass I love it

Yeah, Elex was indeed the best RPG of 2017, although the last 20% of the game was clearly rushed and is not as great as the start and the midgame.

Day 19 (35 hours in) I have achieved the rank of Regend and became a engine of destruction, all bends to my will I only got one need and that need is more cowb small mental energy reserves

In all seriousness it's been a good while since a game made me pull all nighters to play (and all mornings, middays, evenings) I got hooked instantly which didn't happen with Gothic, that one took a few good tries.

I think I have done all or at least most sidequests and just now I'm starting the main quests I still think this game is awesome but the skill bar could use some more slots.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
ELEX is a game from 2006 on a technical level. You can have the best systems ever but when the presentation is shit, people will hardly care about.

There, finished it. Clocked it at 56 hours.

I thought the game was awesome, my fav game from 2017 was Expeditions: Viking and I like this one just as much so now they are both my GOTY 2017.

That being said I am fucking BURNED, I don't think I'm gonna play another open world game in a long time.

okay, so I need some informations:

1) Does anyone know if Elex will get new patches?

2) Does anyone know if Elex will get an expansion?

3) Does anyone know if the modding community is pushing a community fanfix patch?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
1) Does anyone know if Elex will get new patches?
Maybe some small patches.
2) Does anyone know if Elex will get an expansion?
Probably not, PB isn't known for expansions generally but I wouldn't mind one. The game didn't sell good enough for that to be the case either IIRC.
3) Does anyone know if the modding community is pushing a community fanfix patch?
Some guy might fix some lonesome bugs on his own, but Elex is relatively bug free nowadays.

imweasel

PB said there won't be an expansion or any DLC even before the game was released. They are busy working on Elex 2 anyway.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
They did some DLCs for Risen 2 and 3 too, aside from that Gothic 2 expansion, but it generally isn't their thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom