Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
fuck pickpocketing.. have this quest to pickpocket a guard in rattay, he always catches me no matter what even in the middle of sleep

raging right now

Shadenuat

Arcane
Hendry drinks flask of wine and bottle of mead and gets stoned for hours like he drank whole night

Computah protagonists :?

...strangely enough when I'm drunk running horse in the fields I get 60 fps :shittydog:

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
It's better to make saviour schnapps rather than buy them, they are easy to brew and you can buy the ingredients cheaply from the alchemist shop or from a trader. Nettle is common around Rattay but Belladonna I haven't found growing wild yet.

Also just ran into an odd bug, I bought a peasant's bow and was practising at the shooting range, when suddenly the nearby archery trainer ran off and told the guards I had been shooting at people. I only shot at targets so...

kalganoat

Savant
Not a fan of this control scheme. I thought this is a pc title? Directional attack is a lot easier to pull off with an analog stick. Oh and there are little things like you can only exit some ui with ESC.

Just spend 20 minutes fighting a plate armor s&s dude. He can parry or dodge my counterattack and follow up with combo I can't parry. I got this guy's health to 30% and he somehow still got enough stamina to do a 4 hit longsword combo. That's fair.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Just got to Neuhof. Performance has been mostly solid on Very High settings, still no major bugs. I'm getting the hang of the combat and swordfights are starting to feel badass. It's still a little heavy on cutscenes for my tastes, but the story is great and most of the VO is at least decent. The characters and sets feel authentic like an HBO miniseries or something, I've never played a game that had such a convincing historical setting. One thing I could complain about is that the bow & arrow mechanics suck - I can never tell where I'm aiming. Loving it so far though.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
fuck pickpocketing.. have this quest to pickpocket a guard in rattay, he always catches me no matter what even in the middle of sleep

raging right now

At night he goes upstairs near the barracks and for a timr is alone. Sneak up behind him and knock him out. You can just look the key while he is passed out.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Played the tutorial for like 30 mins, got nagged by my virtual mom and bossed by my virtual dad. Then I beat up a drunk and took his stuff. Went to meet my waifu at the tavern and the game ctd. Wow, everything is just like my real life!!!

10/10 GOTY!

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

raging right now

At night he goes upstairs near the barracks and for a timr is alone. Sneak up behind him and knock him out. You can just look the key while he is passed out.

I ended up asking the miller to practice pickpocketing until I was like level 3 and then did it on my first try.. practice makes perfect

Xeon

Augur
I watched Cohh doing pickpockting, the first phase looked RNG, you just wait until the color turns green and go to second phase to reveal and take the item and then exit before the timer runs out. Entire thing looked too convoluted.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Feels like this game was entirely meant to be a linear experience which is what Vavra prefers, think it was imweasel who said how the cutscene said that he threw manure at the German's house while he didn't in game. I wouldn't have either if I knew that picking up nettles would pay for the charcoal. I like it enough for now but the performance is poor and my PC can't keep up, I doubt I will be playing for long. I might buy it and play it proper once I build a new PC once prices hopefully drop for GPUs and RAM. Bitcoin can't crash soon enough.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Result of a quest

Have a scooby doo mystery

Catch culprit

Quest log says chase after culprit in x location

Decide to have an 8 hour sleep beforehand to cure a broken ankle suffered from fall damage

Wake up from quest to see a message saying "you failed, culprit got away, report result"

*choices and consequences in action* this is why this game is actually incline unlike all the other garbage open world games

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Is it possible to kill that barbed club dickhead first time you meet him? He just goddamn KICKED me and it was an instagib.

Also is it possible to persuade Robard to let you go from Talmberg? I've failed and all the streamers and youtubers I've watched failed too.
I think he has to beat you up for plot reasons. I wonder what the cutscene will be if you just obey him, surrender the sword.

Everything before Theresa saves you is a linear prologue

She's a good christian woman who nurtured you back to health for 2 weeks. That is more than enough for blacksmith son.

And she's funny and dorky when talking about pigs stuffed with frogs.

And not that ugly. Come on.

What important is can she give Henry 6 sons & 8 daughters?
The real priorities. A peasant from 15th c. Bohemia can't match Triss' outfits and makeup, but she can still have a heart of gold. God sees the inner beauty and rewards for it, even when the engine and models aren't that pretty. God created them such for a reason.

Good question. It was a prerequisite feature for one quest but the quest got scrapped. And we never got around to implement the feature.
Aww... But praying giving boost to stats (including to pickpocketing, for the irony of it) would be so much Darklands! "Self-conditioning" as a skill would be ideal for a train-by-use system, because it actually works that way IRL. :)

Hendry drinks flask of wine and bottle of mead and gets stoned for hours like he drank whole night

Computah protagonists :?

...strangely enough when I'm drunk running horse in the fields I get 60 fps :shittydog:
Remember, you experience the world through the eyes of the character. His skills in drinking don't necessarily match ours :D

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
Feels like this game was entirely meant to be a linear experience which is what Vavra prefers, think it was imweasel who said how the cutscene said that he threw manure at the German's house while he didn't in game. I wouldn't have either if I knew that picking up nettles would pay for the charcoal. I like it enough for now but the performance is poor and my PC can't keep up, I doubt I will be playing for long. I might buy it and play it proper once I build a new PC once prices hopefully drop for GPUs and RAM. Bitcoin can't crash soon enough.
Vávra's favourite games are open world RPGs - Fallout 1/2/NV - this game was never supposed to be linear.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014

It's linear at the beginning but it opens up later on, at which point you have pretty much total freedom to ignore the main quest and do as you please.

Vicar

Cipher
Patron
Nah you guys are just bad. Throwing manure and not throwing does result in differences. Either his game was bugged or he just didn’t pay attention. The dad would mention manure was thrown but that would just be done by Henry’s cronies. In my game, I single handedly defeated the drunkard and didn’t throw any manure or pick up any nettles. How is this linear in anyway? Obviously there are multiple solutions but all the different way to do things are also limited by players’ own incompetence or lack of exploration. I also remember imweasel mentioning something along the lines of a cutscene mentioning him stealing the horse. The horse was stolen when Henry first escaped (near Theresa) so again either he wasn’t paying attention or there’s a bug in his game.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
thesheeep is experiencing an actual anomaly if he has such horrible performance on his rig and he has the game on SSD. If someone has this on a mechanical HDD then you get what you get.
I do have the game on a HDD, but the loading times are pretty fast.
And that cannot have anything to do with the performance tanking as soon as multiple characters are on screen. It's not like characters being on screen would somehow magically cause files on the drive to be accessed endlessly - I'd understand a hiccup when loading them, but that's not even happening.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The wisest Warhorse could do at this point, is looking at the nexus what changes people made and implement them into the main game.

currently there is

-saving
-lockpicking
-a much better coloring mod
-arrows without trails (if the game is so realistic why arrows leave fantasy trails?)

A small color change but can make the image so much more pleasant to look at

2-1518655708-1209296188.png

2-1518655713-904176383.png

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The brawling is really impressive in the way you feel your hits and you feel getting hit. I nearly feel sorry when I'm beating up a guy.

Smejki , have you guys encountered cases of missing non-English audio for some sentences, or English lines playing instead of non-English lines in some dialogues?

Parabalus

Arcane
-lockpicking

What is people's complaint about lockpicking? I found it easier than Gothic or Skyrim, just hold D and move your mouse. I have pretty high mouse sensitivity, maybe that's why I'm finding it easy.

Smejki , have you guys encountered cases of missing non-English audio for some sentences, or English lines playing instead of non-English lines in some dialogues?

I thought they are intentional, for atmosphere.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Those are bugs, as others have mentioned.

It's really far from linear once you get past the prologue. In a way, it's like Fallout with the time limit, except lots of little time limits that aren't game-ending. I'm now chasing down bandits after their raid on the horse farm. The thing that keeps me on track doing the main quests is the fear that if I don't accomplish them quickly I will fail them by running out of time. This is the same reason you can't just get around the save system by going home to your own bed in order to save whenever you feel like it; travel can take hours in-game. KCD turns time into a precious resource, not to be wasted, which as far as I know is pretty unheard of in an open world RPG. Or really any RPG aside from Fallout.

I'm about to start experimenting: saving by taking a nap and then deliberately failing to get a sense of how much side content I can do without blowing some of these missions.

What is people's complaint about lockpicking? I found it easier than Gothic or Skyrim, just hold D and move your mouse. I have pretty high mouse sensitivity, maybe that's why I'm finding it easy.

It's fucking hard. I'll increase my sensitivity--hopefully that will help. I was very tempted to get the lockpicking mod, but at least for now I'm going to persevere with the base game. The challenge is actually a lot of fun, albeit very frustrating from time to time.

Question: who is working on the official kodex review(s)? I know it just came out, but the interwebs need guidance, especially on this mostly excellent but controversial eurojanky ARPG. Someone sufficiently monocled and in need of doritos, please step forward. I very much want the industry to throw more money at games like this, so, please, fellow codexians, hop aboard the hype train!

Elex

Arbiter
Anyone else not grabbing perks? I'm still early and don't want to pick something that will fuck me over in the long run.. The only perk I picked was to have +3 speech when talking to nobility and wealthy people because who wants to speak to fucking peasants?

Nah, I'm grabbing perks whenever I get a point. They're useful most of the time and either way it feels like developing the character as he would - naturally over time. Then again, I've never been a minmaxer.

I often don't see a lot of exciting perks that I'm dying to grab, especially the earlier ones (falling damage reduction, etc). But I also don't see a big need to hoard points, so if I see something, I grab it.

In general, hardcore players hoard way, way more than is required - e.g. we all end upw ith 300 potions by endgame having used 10.
“i will need this stuff later”

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom