Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
re:perks - I jumped on that "less falling dmg" perk like a fat kid on cake. I already fell down a hill twice and injured both my legs - nearly bled out too! Barely managed to limp into town and buy more friggin bandages. :rage:

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
If this game ends being as good as I hope based on my 17 hours so far... Difficult combat is a godsend as it won't get old and piss easy fast. I think I remember people complaining about Die by the Sword for it's difficulty initially.

Also, I am seeing intertwining quests with reactivity from one quest effecting possible outcomes in others along seemingly unrelated questlines. Pure, pure incline.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Wow, I don't think I can play this game anymore. Turns out it's racist and you're an MRA if you play it!

5ff40af0ea.png
:mlady:Hahahahahaha this made my night. The best thing this week easily. Happy that we got another successful Slav rpg studio. When all the AAA ones fail.
Take this you fucking sjws!!!

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Gamestar gives it 77 / 100 , saying it's quite original and gud, but suffers from bugs and clunkyness ( http://www.gamestar.de/artikel/kingdom-come-deliverance-das-tschechische-gothic,3325978.html ). So not really surprising, but I hoped for it to get at least 80 points.

I didn't fling shit at Deutsch's house. The game says I did in a cutscene.
I didn't steal a horse when returning to Slavitz. The game says I did in some dialogue.

Continuity is kind of fucked up in this game... or maybe choices just don't matter and you have to go with what is canon.
That's really too bad. Smejki, can you fix this with a bug in the future?
Yes, we will introduce a new bug that will make it seem fixed... I mean... the issue was forwarded.
The shit throwing state should be taken into account. The cutscene and dialogs should be different. Likely a buggy state detection or setting

Last edited:

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
By the way. Any tips or tricks to fight multiple opponents without resorting to running and plinking away with your bow? I have no problem with difficulty of fighting more than one (pretty realistic after all), but when you are locked in you have no idea where the other guy goes - locking in is the only way to fight. It's really messy. I mean, it must have come up as an issue when developing the game, considering some camps several bandits all out for blood, and you are mostly by yourself...
you can switch between opponents with Tab BTW

agris

Arcane
Patron
PSA: the correct amounts of VRAM for the various texture qualities are thus:

Low: 1 GB
Medium: 1.5 GB
High: 2 GB
Very High: 3 GB
Ultra: 6 GB

If your GPU has less VRAM that your texture setting, your visual experience is going to be miserable FWIW. Also, anisotropic filtering is *stupidly* tied to your texture level, and only at Very High and Ultra settings do you get 16x AF. At high it is a laughable 4x. This is a horrible choice, as it makes distant textures look fuzzy, regardless of your LOD and draw distance settings. AF also isn't a resource hog like AA, so this is doubly confusing why Warhorse coupled the settings.

Anyway, if you can't play on Very High/Ultra texture settings, you can still invoke 8x or 16x AF using the console, and permanently set it by placing a user.cfg file in the root KCD directory with the correct commands. See my post here for more info https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/...s-not-motion-blur-setting-when-moving/38031/5
What res are these measurements for? 1080p?

1. They aren't measurements, they're from the comments within the game's configuration files (read the link you slacker). 2. This isn't resolution dependent, because it's a question of texture size -> graphics memory, not geometry. Geometry rendering is resolution dependent, not textures. You can load 4k textures into a game that runs at 640x480 and said textures will still use the same amount of memory.

edit: you rate my post as retarded, yet.... do you understand how computers work?

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
sold all the poppies
bought hauberk and mace and shield
clubbing brains out of cuman shits for Our Lord

I also hunted for 400 rabbit meats

Once I was walking in the forest at night hunting nightingales. Suddely two dozen crows flew off the tree. I shat my chausses.

Eventually I found third birdie for cage near bandit camp. Naked in my undergarments went in and hashhashined one of them, loaded myself with loot and gold goblets and, with looted bag in one hand and three bird cages in another, ran like hell around the river for an hour until was safe.

Hans is a bro actually. Even if he can't hunt for shiet.

If not sure about stability of your game, maybe don't get creative with save system. After that quest will ride to monk and learn to read so I can use my alchemy skills and hopefully brew 99 savescum potions.

Where is my press E to Pray to Christ button in Church??

I also don't like you can't wash your horse, feed it and groom it. I have no page, gotta do it myself no? Rich looking horse should add +CHARISMA

Last edited:

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Finally managed to brew some of the saving potions. Henry is illiterate so the recipe appears jumbled, but it's easy to decipher since it's just the words with the letters placed out of order. I like that you actually have to follow the recipe to brew concoctions rather than just mixing the ingredients.

Kingdom Come, the only RPG where you need to embark on a 3 hour quest to learn how to save the game. :incline:

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Wow, I don't think I can play this game anymore. Turns out it's racist and you're an MRA if you play it!

5ff40af0ea.png
:mlady:Hahahahahaha this made my night. The best thing this week easily. Happy that we got another successful Slav rpg studio. When all the AAA ones fail.
Take this you fucking sjws!!!

LITERALLY /OURGAME/ FELLOW MAGAPEDES! I FOR ONE WILL BE BUYING 50 COPIES AND DISTRIBUTING THEM TO PEOPLE AS A WAY OF REDPILLING THE MASSES! FIGHT ON AND PRAISE KEK!

And I for one don't mind all the countless bugs and glitches because they just make the game more fun like how they did in Skyrim ;^)

harhar!

Augur
How the fuck are you supposed to beat that bald asshole after attacking the bandit camp? I am playing a charisma char and get fucked in the ass every time. Seems like everything except melee fighting is a trap build.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
From programming point of view this game is pile of shit. 2/10. When a college violated law to get rid of disabled and I was forced to self-educate into programming (and later learned SW engineering), I was better in three years.

That's it boys when I'd have time, I'd writing review. Considering I don't have licence number, I'd do it from streams. No problem to me. Let's have fun by being rebel for once and doing it legally.

Tigranes

Arcane
I recommend the cfg fiddles linked in this thread, now I'm sitting at a mixed graphics setting at 40+fps with a couple of perks like ultra vegetation.

There is nothing like horse-sprinting into a Cuman fucker in a secluded area, ending up bleeding and 10% health and knowing it's 30 mins since your last save. Really makes you work for that kill (or run like fuck, jump down a hill, call your horse and bolt to the nearest town).

Shadenuat

Arcane
Is it possible to kill that barbed club dickhead first time you meet him? He just goddamn KICKED me and it was an instagib.

Also is it possible to persuade Robard to let you go from Talmberg? I've failed and all the streamers and youtubers I've watched failed too.
Everything before Theresa saves you is a linear prologue

they made Theresa ugly on purpose.
She's a good christian woman who nurtured you back to health for 2 weeks. That is more than enough for blacksmith son.

And she's funny and dorky when talking about pigs stuffed with frogs.

And not that ugly. Come on.

What important is can she give Henry 6 sons & 8 daughters?

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
By the way. Any tips or tricks to fight multiple opponents without resorting to running and plinking away with your bow? I have no problem with difficulty of fighting more than one (pretty realistic after all), but when you are locked in you have no idea where the other guy goes - locking in is the only way to fight. It's really messy. I mean, it must have come up as an issue when developing the game, considering some camps several bandits all out for blood, and you are mostly by yourself...
you can switch between opponents with Tab BTW

Tab seem to lock into the targets even more.

imweasel

I just lost two hours of motherfucking gameplay because the game crashed. This save system is super fucking retarded.

:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Most money I make goes into savior schnaps, I always run around with at least 3 bottles.
There's a racist slav joke in there somewhere, isn't it?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Anyone noticed even if you repair item to full durability it still kinda looks beaten? At least I think it's true for helmet. Theoretically you should be able to polish/paint it over or something.

Nael

Arcane
Anyone noticed even if you repair item to full durability it still kinda looks beaten? At least I think it's true for helmet. Theoretically you should be able to polish/paint it over or something.

Yeah, just pick up a couple rattle cans of silver paint from Ye Olde Hardware Shoppe and cover up the blemishes.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Regardless, most gaming outlets will ignore the success of this game, because "narrative".

New Colossus was utter shite, yet the gaming media couldn't help but cram it down everyone's throats hailing it as the second coming of jesus.

I've seen it being mentioned quite a bit in gaming media.

edit: Which brings me to the fact that it is really amazing how Polygon, Kotaku and Gamespot totaly ignore the realese of the game. I mean how can they even pretend to be journalists when they blacklist such a hit for ideological reasons.

That is rubbish; check out Kotaku's and Gamespot's pages on the game. Gamespot even called it one of the "top new games releasing this week".

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I think you may need to get it washed. When I went to the bathhouse I had them launder my clothes and my armor also came back nice and polished.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom