Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Can it beat DOS2's 93k peak? :takemyjewgold:
iud3FAt.png
Extremely unlikely, if you ask me, but 70k is still one hell of a peak for this game.

Or as a friend of mine put it:
lAZSTLW.png

"Nazi shitlords win again."

Vexxt

Educated
Regardless, most gaming outlets will ignore the success of this game, because "narrative".

New Colossus was utter shite, yet the gaming media couldn't help but cram it down everyone's throats hailing it as the second coming of jesus.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm probably retarded but where the fuck do I find some sort of update history. A patch downloaded today and I wanna see some patch notes. If I click on the "View update history" item on the Steam store page there's nothing there in the update section. No update info on the Steam or Warhorse forums either.

Btw a new peak record now - 70 630.

agris

Arcane
Patron
PSA: the correct amounts of VRAM for the various texture qualities are thus:

Low: 1 GB
Medium: 1.5 GB
High: 2 GB
Very High: 3 GB
Ultra: 6 GB

If your GPU has less VRAM that your texture setting, your visual experience is going to be miserable FWIW. Also, anisotropic filtering is *stupidly* tied to your texture level, and only at Very High and Ultra settings do you get 16x AF. At high it is a laughable 4x. This is a horrible choice, as it makes distant textures look fuzzy, regardless of your LOD and draw distance settings. AF also isn't a resource hog like AA, so this is doubly confusing why Warhorse coupled the settings.

Anyway, if you can't play on Very High/Ultra texture settings, you can still invoke 8x or 16x AF using the console, and permanently set it by placing a user.cfg file in the root KCD directory with the correct commands. See my post here for more info https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/...s-not-motion-blur-setting-when-moving/38031/5

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Why is it when I found a bastard looting a corpse on the road I have the option to accuse him of killing the victim but then out of nowhere he counter accuses me and if I fail the the speach skill check, he runs faster than Usain Bolt on a good day ready to rat on me to da police, what the fuck kind of logic is that?

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Why is it when I found a bastard looting a corpse on the road I have the option to accuse him of killing the victim but then out of nowhere he counter accuses me and if I fail the the speach skill check, he runs faster than Usain Bolt on a good day ready to rat on me to da police, what the fuck kind of logic is that?

Perhaps you should not accuse people if you're not convincing enough?

norolim

Arcane
Ok, so the information just got officially released (in Czech). Steam sales are currently near 300k

Congrats. You can make it 300001. I'm definitely buying it, but I still didn't decide whether I want a boxed version or a DRM-free one on GOG. I have 2 weeks to think it over.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I don't laugh at people who made an understandable mistake I've made countless times. Also one can get even more easily confused in English since 1400s is also a way to describe the same time period.
But we have set up a new department which would seek typos and other minor mistakes, misconceptions and misunderstandings in KCD reviews and archive them all. That's what we pay most attention to now. We're still hiring.

The diplomatic approach, eh?

I respect that. It doesn't help me shitpost, but you have a game to represent, after all.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Good to know. I suppose the Talmberg "Baths" area is "invisible" then, because some old lady kept following me and bitching. But then... even if I grab just a nettle from the ground it's still "a crime"? If so it really needs some better feedback. Image you wonder in an invisible crime area and noone happens to be around to let you know. You grab something from the ground or table and at THAT moment someone sees you and boom, you're busted. And jail is a relatively harsh punishment for such an easy-to-make mistake.

Also about the noise - you go inside a house, twiddle the lockpick, it makes a sound. You wait a while, nothing happens. So you loot the crate, go outside, save, walk around the town a few seconds and suddenly BOOM - a guard is on you because he heard it nearby and it took him some time to get to you. I'd prefer an instant feedback whether or not I've been heard or spotted. Sure it'd be gamey but....it's a game.
Certain areas switch between none/invisible trespass modes depending on hour of day. Some maybe even between none/blue (shops, I guess)
What was your time of day in the baths?

Picking herbs should not count as a crime. We will check that.

That guard sounds like the regular frisks I mentioned. Did you have the crime icon (money sack on red ackground) to left of the compass? If not, it was a frisk.
How crimes work:
- a perceptible volume with TTL is created at the crimescene (and angriness is raised, not sure if instantly)
- some crimes produce sound
- NPC sees the volume/hears the sounds. Either goes to check the source or starts running towards nearest guard to report. Then the guard goes to check the source.
- if player is detected at the time of crime volume creation or very shortly after he is associated with it
- the information about the crime is spread naturally

What it means
- killing a witness can prevent you being associated with a crime
- NPC must have more or less direct view of you around the crime time at the crime scene to associate it with you
- you should flee from crime scenes
- no telepathic knowledge

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Update regarding freezing issues every few secs: This has indeed stopped after I cleared the prologue, just like the guys on the steam forums said.
Interesting. Can play fine now. FPS varies of course, but oh well.
Hmm, might be related to NPC headcount. Do you have similar issues in other bigger cities?
Similar here. I decided to close my eyes and play a bit further and am now back in the starting village to do SPOILER business with my parents.
And the framerate is at least stable on low settings now, at 30-60fps and was so while I was in the Talberg village, too. Playable, so I'll continue - likely until the next city where 4+ people on screen at the same time will make the FPS drop like crazy again.
What's your CPU?
Sounds like your unit
screen_shot_2013-08-26_at_5.03.00_pm_1200x1200.png
the simulation.

Last edited:

Geckabor

Savant
Okay so understanding Hungarian just saved me from falling into a trap on a sidequest I randomly stumbled upon :lol: although you probably could have guessed it was a trap anyway.

Also I just need to point out that the main quest is one hell of a ride, might be one of the best ones in a open world RPG.
I mean, after previously mentioning how fun going hunting with a stuck up nobleboy was, you start going on a Ultima7-esque murder mystery and that makes me get drunk with a goddamn priest and we start beating people up and fucking bitches and ranting in church, what a ride!
Generally, I'm always doing something varied and different so far, be it main quest or side quest.

Last edited:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

I think those events are bugged, I pass the check and the dialogue goes back to the same tree where you can choose speech/royalty/strength.

Mortmal

Arcane
Backpedaling + shooting the bow. This should not be allowed. Yes or no?
Well you have two options, charge sword in hand try to parry, dodge , and attack, pray for combos, most of the time it fails the enemy parry it, really hard combat and if theres numerous enemies its absurdly hard and you are fucked, or one shot guys at pointblank and backpedal . Glad its possible thats the only way to survive.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just a small tip.

When you alt tab (to check Codex for an example) the game reverts to "borderless" if you have it on fullscreen. And it seems it activates vsync also, if you have it disabled in the user.cfg thingy. Just noticed it. The game runs 50% better for me on fullscreen and the vsync disabled.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom