Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shane Plays - LPs and Interviews

sstacks

Arcane
Rhylfang's Lair continues. Lots of spiders and drow, plus a... derro? Throwing spider eggs for fun and profit. Hommet and Illydia level up. Chain lightning is cool.

sstacks

Arcane
We finish the Ancient Tomb and follow Tartuccio's trail to the Old Sycamore. Kobolds and mites don't like each other. Will-o'-wisps are kind of tough (no wonder, they're CR 6 and my party is level 2). Thylacines aren't (no wonder, they're CR 1/2).

Things Owlcat Games asked me to mention:
Alpha means incomplete. Not all content and features are fully implemented, not all in-game copy is perfect, there will be bugs - this game is still a work in progress.
For more information on Pathfinder: Kingmaker please visit https://goo.gl/SwTxgo

sstacks

Arcane
mustawd. tipped me off to this video over in the Sword Coast Legends thread. Panel discussion of what SCL did right and what it did wrong.

sstacks

Arcane
The Valley of Dead Heroes continues as the Phoenix rises (sort of), we learn about a tantalizing new metal from a forgetful trader, buy some sweet loot, and finally enter the Necropolis only to interrupt some... aggressive negotiations.

sstacks

Arcane
RPG History: TSR’s Code of Ethics (D&D “Comics Code Authority” rules)

Did you know that TSR (the company that first published Dungeons & Dragons in 1974 but eventually sold to Wizards of the Coast in 1997) created a set of rules and guidelines for what could be said and done in their game and fiction products in the early 1990s that was similar in spirit to the (in)famous Comics Code Authority?

http://shaneplays.com/rpg-history-tsr-code-of-ethics-dd-comics-code-authority-rules/

sstacks

Arcane
IWOmRVT.jpg

sstacks

Arcane
Beamdog's studio director Phil Daigle talks Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition, the new updated version of the beloved D&D video game. What does it change and what does it keep the same? Plus Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear on mobile and what changes it received before desktop. What else might be in Beamdog's future?

Podcast version:
https://shaneplays.com/neverwinter-...g-phil-daigle-radio-show-podcast-episode-141/

YouTube (audio only):

sstacks

Arcane
The Old Sycamore dungeon branches out (see what I did there). Giant centipedes. The mite queen hates kobolds just a mite. Fun with resting. Shane wastes a lesser restoration potion. We see a bit of the behind the scenes of what the game dev engine / art assets process looks like for designers (literally).

Things Owlcat Games asked me to mention:
Alpha means incomplete. Not all content and features are fully implemented, not all in-game copy is perfect, there will be bugs - this game is still a work in progress.
For more information on Pathfinder: Kingmaker please visit https://goo.gl/SwTxgo

sstacks

Arcane
[Note: I was using different screen capture software than normal so this video has some black around the main game screen]

Finally, the creepy confrontation with Rhylfang in her lair! She's a big, mean, eight-legged fighting machine with lots of kids to come help momma. Brannor and Larather level up. A captive asks us for help finding his peace. The portal we have been searching for now lays open to us. Next stop, the Underdark?

sstacks

Arcane
Updated character creation in the Beta version. Pretty nice stuff! Shane recreates his Magus from the Alpha knowing better how the class works now. NOTE: This video is character creation only. Next video starts gameplay.

sstacks

Arcane
BETRAYAL IN THE NIGHT after being given a quest to claim your own country! Opening battle and introduction to your companions, including an overeager bard, a cleric who needs a pep talk, a barbarian who fits the mold, and an undead elf with a scythe (plus, let's be honest, the sorcerer Tartuccio is almost certainly a baddie). Puzzling suits of armor protect a possible cache?

[Note: around the 48 minute mark the video gets choppy. Not sure what caused that, it's never happend on my game videos before. Justy FYI!]

sstacks

Arcane
The battle against the assassins in Swordlord Aldori's fortress concludes. Suspicion is cast on us despite our heroic efforts (basically, Tartuccio's a big fat jerkface). The companions choose teams. World travel map, an ambush, and the resting system.

sstacks

Arcane
Pathfinder: Kingmaker Beta #4 - Oleg's Trading Post

We find Oleg's Trading Post with the Stag Lord's thugs already there giving Oleg and his sweet dove Svetlana a hard time... so we smack them around like the brutal heroes we are. Preparations for the inevitable retaliation (cue "A-Team" theme). First round of leveling up.

sstacks

Arcane
The bandits retaliate at Oleg's Trading Post as expected, but we're ready like a ready thing. What's the haps, Happs? A safe night's rest, a strange fog, a dreamy nymph, our first round of obligatory companion chats, and then it's off to hunt the Stag Lord! An odd stranger offers us guidance.

sstacks

Arcane
Pathfinder: Kingmaker Beta #6 - Ancient Tomb

We catch up to Tartuccio in the Ancient Tomb, recruit one of his companions (the downer cleric, but hey we need a cleric) and give the rest a nice old fashioned beat down. When we catch up to the evil little gnome again, we find out he can be literally more cold-blooded than we thought. We need a rest from resting.

sstacks

Arcane
Pathfinder: Kingmaker Beta #7 - Old Sycamore

Turns out Tartuccio isn't just a big fat jerko, he's also a spy actively working against our mission. The mites and kobolds in the Old Sycamore area are a might testy. Nightmare wisps are a bit of a nightmare. Frog legs for dinner. Falling off of a log hurts. Bandits tend to trap the area around their camps, which can be a hot mess. More clarification in the UI on encumbrance.

sstacks

Arcane
ATOM RPG Early Access #1 - Opening Cinematic, Character Creation, Quick Look at Gameplay

First look at ATOM RPG, which can be described as Fallout in Soviet Russia. This video includes the opening cinematic, a browse of the UI, character creation and a little of the beginning gameplay.

Thanks to Atomboy of the Atom Team for reaching out.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
ATOM RPG Early Access #1 - Opening Cinematic, Character Creation, Quick Look at Gameplay

First look at ATOM RPG, which can be described as Fallout in Soviet Russia. This video includes the opening cinematic, a browse of the UI, character creation and a little of the beginning gameplay.

Thanks to Atomboy of the Atom Team for reaching out.

This episode brought me the feels big time, Shane. On the surface I'm really happy you gave us the time of day! We're really thankful for the awesome review. But it goes deeper than that. There's something really special about listening to those parts where you say "i like that" or "this is nice" regarding the little things in the beginning of the game. Because as a person who watches your stuff from time to time I know what awesome masterpieces you played before. Your "i like it" has so much more weight than an "i like it" of a player who never seen an old-style RPG. Really means a lot. Thanks a bunch!

sstacks

Arcane
Hey Atomboy you're welcome, thanks for reaching out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom