Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
-which makes it weird that they havent figured how to make it rain indoor. Gothic 1 has this feature. No biggie tho.
what are you saying? that you can't hear thr sound of rain indoor?
You can see raindrops indoors, clipping through the roof of the house.
BTW wh_cam_DumpLocation 1
in console (~) returns cam position to your clipboard. I'll hapilly forward those to our guys so they could fix the instances

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I can't wait for all the articles complaining about the "problematic" sales figures. White privilege in action :flamesaw:

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Ok, so the information just got officially released (in Czech). Steam sales are currently near 300k
:desu:
1% of the way to 30,000,000!
Also: I'd like to note that this goes to show that Steamspy stats are extremely unreliable as that only shows 100k. A lot of people treat it like gospel, so I found that interesting.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Don't fuck with guards, they know kung fu!
https://webmshare.com/wymqY

No, really, only occasional framerate tanking and funny stuff happens so far, no gamebreaking fuckery. Definite :incline:.
m9Oz0Bl.png

YOU DID PREORDER KINGDOM COME: DELIVERANCE™ IN TIME, RIGHT?!

Smejki

Developer
Ok, so the information just got officially released (in Czech). Steam sales are currently near 300k
Also: I'd like to note that this goes to show that Steamspy stats are extremely unreliable as that only shows 100k. A lot of people treat it like gospel, so I found that interesting.
yacht loading in progress. This may take a few minutes. Please don't turn off your computer.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
yacht loading in progress. This may take a few minutes. Please don't turn off your computer.
if they sold 30 milliln copies might as well fill an Olympic pool with beer and have yacht party on there, where the participant given a bucket to throw over and reel in beer themselves.

ZoddGuts

Augur

Sales numbers are a day or two behind on Steamspy. Anyways, 300K is impressive, they must've broken even by now.

Smejki

Developer
i guess this is one of these games where PC sales are higher than console?
We don't have a direct access to console sales, so we don't know shit. Not even console digital sales. These numbers are measured with a great delay.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Sales numbers are a day or two behind on Steamspy. Anyways, 300K is impressive, they must've broken even by now.
Assuming all copies were sold at 50 euros and the budget was 15m euros (which is unconfirmed), they have made 15,000,000. However, Steam takes a flat 20% fee if a copy is sold on the platform, so that ticks down to 12,000,000 as 3,000,000 is taken out. With tomorrow and console sales it will no doubt break even.
This makes me ponder on a unrelated note, how much did Elex make all in all? I have no doubt that Elex had a smaller budget than KC:D and there was only ~30 employees in Piranha Bytes during development, and Elex has sold around 170,000 to 200,000 copies on Steam according to Steamspy, I would guess with Xbox and PS4 numbers also included into the equation that it would even out and they made at least a couple million in profit.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Update regarding freezing issues every few secs: This has indeed stopped after I cleared the prologue, just like the guys on the steam forums said.
Intersting. Can play fine now. FPS varies of course, but oh well.

Smejki

Developer
Update regarding freezing issues every few secs: This has indeed stopped after I cleared the prologue, just like the guys on the steam forums said.
Interesting. Can play fine now. FPS varies of course, but oh well.
Hmm, might be related to NPC headcount. Do you have similar issues in other bigger cities?

Zer0wing

Cipher
This makes me ponder on a unrelated note, how much did Elex make all in all? I have no doubt that Elex had a smaller budget than KC:D and there was only ~30 employees in Piranha Bytes during development, and Elex has sold around 170,000 to 200,000 copies on Steam according to Steamspy, I would guess with Xbox and PS4 numbers also included into the equation that it would even out and they made at least a couple million in profit.
No concrete numbers but Piranha Bytes and especially THQ Nordic are not satisfied with ELEX's sales figures. A lot of refunds is the issue, they say.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Interesting. Can play fine now. FPS varies of course, but oh well.
Hmm, might be related to NPC headcount. Do you have similar issues in other bigger cities?
Similar here. I decided to close my eyes and play a bit further and am now back in the starting village to do SPOILER business with my parents.
And the framerate is at least stable on low settings now, at 30-60fps and was so while I was in the Talberg village, too. Playable, so I'll continue - likely until the next city where 4+ people on screen at the same time will make the FPS drop like crazy again.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
No concrete numbers but Piranha Bytes and especially THQ Nordic are not satisfied with ELEX's sales figures. A lot of refunds is the issue, they say.
Source? Wouldn't be surprised, but disappointed.

Vexxt

Educated

I'm sorry to hear that, actually. I quite enjoyed Elex, as it kept me engrossed from start to finish.

Hopefully they aren't forced to soften up the systems and make it more Kotaku friendly. Honestly if they just improved the combat and stepped up the graphics I think Elex 2 would be a no brainer.

As for KCD, I'm happy their sales are good right out of the gate! I'm loving the game so far!

Parabalus

Arcane
Where is the trader for lockpicks in the starting village?

Talk to your shit throwing buddies.

After throwing shit and meeting behind that house of the guy you beat up for daddy they didn't want to talk to me and dispersed. I have to find them in the village again?

Ahh, I assumed you wanted to open Kunesh's chest.
But, since that is clearly not the case, I don't know. You'll be able to get some lockpicks in the second town and come back to Scalitz to open some of the containers.

I just saw like 20+ locked containers while stealing and wanted to open them, figured skilling lockpicking would only get harder than in the tutorial.

Did anyone manage to kill the lone enemy who spawns behind you after you get the RUN! objective? It's right after a autosave point so it seems like good practice.

To answer my own question, you can knock out (crouch behind and F) a bunch of lone villagers and take their house+chest keys. Afterwards you move their corpse and kill them with an axe (for free XP :incline:). In particular Deutsche (the guy whose house you decorate) has around 1000 groschlings in loot on himself and is alone on the other side of the shitstained wall.

I managed to kill the Hungarian but it took me about 10 tries. He also drops around 1000 in loot. Advice is to use the rocks in the left corner in front of you.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Also sometimes it's not clear whether or not you are allowed to be in a certain place. Sometimes you get the "Private area" message and sometimes you don't so you think it's ok but people pester you and chase you out anyway.
there are 4 levels of trespass
- none
- invisible = pestering, paying attention to player's actions, dogs barking etc, NO CRIME by staying there
- blue trespass = crime after a while
- red trespass = crime after a way shorter while (the resulting crime is the same as the blue one)

Good to know. I suppose the Talmberg "Baths" area is "invisible" then, because some old lady kept following me and bitching. But then... even if I grab just a nettle from the ground it's still "a crime"? If so it really needs some better feedback. Image you wonder in an invisible crime area and noone happens to be around to let you know. You grab something from the ground or table and at THAT moment someone sees you and boom, you're busted. And jail is a relatively harsh punishment for such an easy-to-make mistake.

Also about the noise - you go inside a house, twiddle the lockpick, it makes a sound. You wait a while, nothing happens. So you loot the crate, go outside, save, walk around the town a few seconds and suddenly BOOM - a guard is on you because he heard it nearby and it took him some time to get to you. I'd prefer an instant feedback whether or not I've been heard or spotted. Sure it'd be gamey but....it's a game.

Sentinel

Arcane

I'm sorry to hear that, actually. I quite enjoyed Elex, as it kept me engrossed from start to finish.

Hopefully they aren't forced to soften up the systems and make it more Kotaku friendly. Honestly if they just improved the combat and stepped up the graphics I think Elex 2 would be a no brainer.

As for KCD, I'm happy their sales are good right out of the gate! I'm loving the game so far!
ELEX doesn't need softening up of any systems, it just needs gameplay that isn't utter fucking shit. Hitboxes barely work in that game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom