Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
I hope the FPS fix improve it. .. in two weeks.
A tiny hotfix patch might come sooner. We've noticed some easy-to-fix rare but game breaking bugs in the livestreams.
I've fixed one just today. never happened to any one in 2 years, should be impossible, yet there it was.
Cause?
mystery.png

Fix?
easiest possible

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are those maps something you should avoid if you don't want to unbalance the game? I mean getting too good equipment too fast. Like I'm still running around with an ugly ax since I can't afford a proper sword.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Have you checked to see if your CPU or GPU is being throttled due to temperature?
Nah, the temperature is stable around 60°C when playing.

The problem to me seems to be the animation system (or something else to do with characters). In the main menu - which is just using ingame graphics and settings, but displays no characters - I get 60fps stable. In the game, when looking at something without animated characters - 40+ fps, too. Even 60 at night...
But as soon as people come into sight, the performance does a nose dive.
Remember that scene at night after waking up when you have to go to the rampart and meet the soldiers? 30-60 fps throughout the empty castle - but as soon as those soldiers come into view: 15-30fps.

Same thing happens during dialogues. Only one or two people are visible, but those already tank the performance.

Smejki

Developer
https://webmshare.com/AXbyN

Best animation award goes to Warhorse. :incline:
Ah, damn, that fucker is falling through terrain (that's the animation, sped up 2-3times BTW) but physics prevents him to really fall through. Worst scenario. Had he fallen through properly he'd be teleported back. That's our safeguard feature for this rare physics glitch (common to all bigger games. Anyone remeber the disappearing Megaton waterworks maintenance guy in Fallout3?).

Smejki

Developer

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
-which makes it weird that they havent figured how to make it rain indoor. Gothic 1 has this feature. No biggie tho.
what are you saying? that you can't hear thr sound of rain indoor?
You can see raindrops indoors, clipping through the roof of the house.
yeah, these areas (rain occluders) are placed manually by artists. They missed some spots here and there.
I've always wondered how it works. I've seen it happen selectively in only some places in many games.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Ah, damn, that fucker is falling through terrain (that's the animation, sped up 2-3times BTW) but physics prevents him to really fall through. Worst scenario. Had he fallen through properly he'd be teleported back. That's our safeguard feature for this rare physics glitch (common to all bigger games. Anyone remeber the disappearing Megaton waterworks maintenance guy in Fallout3?).
I know and understand, just trying to spark some creative autism instead of usual whining about glitches. BTW, what's with framerate tanking during dialogues? How does it work, does rendered Henry make such big difference?

Smejki

Developer
-which makes it weird that they havent figured how to make it rain indoor. Gothic 1 has this feature. No biggie tho.
what are you saying? that you can't hear thr sound of rain indoor?
You can see raindrops indoors, clipping through the roof of the house.
yeah, these areas (rain occluders) are placed manually by artists. They missed some spots here and there.
I've always wondered how it works. I've seen it happen selectively in only some places in many games.
It's a invisible simple box akin to physics geometry (which is always way simpler than the model). Automation is in place of course as it could be pre-baked into a preset model (same house model scattered around the map dozens of times). Or, when the world or a situation is more complicated, it must be shaped and placed manually to fit the specific site.

Smejki

Developer

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
That's posted on page 10. Yesterday, so it's not that old. BTW, I read the PC Gamer review, they seem to like it. I expected a lot more criticism, or is this Warhorse's PR budget talking? :D

Zer0wing

Cipher
Ok, so the information just got officially released (in Czech). Steam sales are currently near 300k
:desu:
Congratz on staying true to studio's creative vision throughout the whole development time, it's sure pays off.
:russiastronk:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom