Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Holy fuck. So I've played a few hours more explored and cleaned out Talimberg (which took forever thanks to the combination of terrible save and lock pick systems).
But at one point I couldn't do anything other than go back to bury the parents, even though Sir Roderik told me it is a stupid idea and I wholeheartedly agreed.

So I put on the uniform and get the horse and this is where the whole game fell apart for me. One railroaded train crash after the other.
Henrik decides to leave the horse after traveling only half the way. Why? I have no idea. Presumably he thinks it is less suspicious for a messenger to walk aimlessly through the countryside, than to ride a horse...
Then I get attacked by bandits over and over again. No problem since they are very weak and give you free loot (without having to rob the dead).
Since I cleaned out much of Talimberg before, I immediately become overburdened. Great. How to make a shit mission no one wanted to do even more annoying. So i stumble along the country side for approximatly 1.5 hrs since the movement penalty makes the walk atrociously slow. At that point I start thinking: Wouldn't it be fun if the game forces you to loss everything you pick up in the beginning in some stupid cutscene? No it wouldn't be fun. Not at all.
So of course that is what happens. I have to stumble 90 minutes through the villages just to trigger the next set of cut scenes in which I am railroaded in an unwinnable fight. At that point the game allows you to play for 10 seconds, so that you can lose the fight on your own. Well, thank you very much. I totally feel like it is my fault now.
Afterwards the game continius to touch itself indecently and rambles along with the next cut scenes and the "epic intro", during which all I feel is hatred for everybody involved.
Then you wake up and gave to talk to some wench from your village when all you want to do is hit "i" and see whether those dicks really took everything from you and invalidated the first 10 hrs of playtime.
They did. Thank you very much.
We have many jokes about all Slavs being thieves in Germany but that Prologue really takes the cake.

I'll need a moment before I decide whether I'll continue the game or refund it.

Mortmal

Arcane
The team started at , made the prototype, went to kickstarter, then 2K closed Prague office, so Warhorse hired around 30 people, then kept hiring throughout the development to current cca 120 people.
Budget closest estimate is 15 million USD.

Interesting when you consider 120 people is approx 15 million dollars a year at 10k per person per month, and the development has many different costs. Personally I reckon that 15 is too conservative and 30 is probably the total spend, although hey voice acting is obviously budget
On one hand
HbC9GSX.jpg

On the other
dhAZupM.png
In kingdom come a schnapps is costing a peasant lifetime savings. As if it was liquid gold.

Codex Year of the Donut
Holy fuck. So I've played a few hours more explored and cleaned out Talimberg (which took forever thanks to the combination of terrible save and lock pick systems).
But at one point I couldn't do anything other than go back to bury the parents, even though Sir Roderik told me it is a stupid idea and I wholeheartedly agreed.

So I put on the uniform and get the horse and this is where the whole game fell apart for me. One railroaded train crash after the other.
Henrik decides to leave the horse after traveling only half the way. Why? I have no idea. Presumably he thinks it is less suspicious for a messenger to walk aimlessly through the countryside, than to ride a horse...
Then I get attacked by bandits over and over again. No problem since they are very weak and give you free loot (without having to rob the dead).
Since I cleaned out much of Talimberg before, I immediately become overburdened. Great. How to make a shit mission no one wanted to do even more annoying. So i stumble along the country side for approximatly 1.5 hrs since the movement penalty makes the walk atrociously slow. At that point I start thinking: Wouldn't it be fun if the game forces you to loss everything you pick up in the beginning in some stupid cutscene? No it wouldn't be fun. Not at all.
So of course that is what happens. I have to stumble 90 minutes through the villages just to trigger the next set of cut scenes in which I am railroaded in an unwinnable fight. At that point the game allows you to play for 10 seconds, so that you can lose the fight on your own. Well, thank you very much. I totally feel like it is my fault now.
Afterwards the game continius to touch itself indecently and rambles along with the next cut scenes and the "epic intro", during which all I feel is hatred for everybody involved.
Then you wake up and gave to talk to some wench from your village when all you want to do is hit "i" and see whether those dicks really took everything from you and invalidated the first 10 hrs of playtime.
We have many jokes about all Slavs being thieves in Germany but that Prologue really takes the cake.

that's what you get for being a dirty thief

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
there's already an unlimited saving mod on nexusmods.

Very stupid feature the way it was implemented.

I want to know the retard designer that actually thought it would lead to a more immersive game play experience. Talk about lazy.
I'm sure this game littered with bugs / crashes / performance hitches won't annoy anyone when they lose hours of game play.

Beowulf

Arcane
Game is :incline: so far, except for the bugs.

I'm giving it a break, as I cannot progress in Keeping the Peace. After the sunset I receive instructions to ring the bell 3 times and get another torch, but after that the game shows seemingly endless loading screen.
Tried restarting, etc. To no avail. Perhaps later I'll restart the quest or do some sidequests first. I hope it's not the latest update "fix".

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
The team started at , made the prototype, went to kickstarter, then 2K closed Prague office, so Warhorse hired around 30 people, then kept hiring throughout the development to current cca 120 people.
Budget closest estimate is 15 million USD.

Interesting when you consider 120 people is approx 15 million dollars a year at 10k per person per month, and the development has many different costs. Personally I reckon that 15 is too conservative and 30 is probably the total spend, although hey voice acting is obviously budget
On one hand
HbC9GSX.jpg

On the other
dhAZupM.png
In kingdom come a schnapps is costing a peasant lifetime savings. As if it was liquid gold.
Yeah, economy improved a bit since then
realism-realism-everywhere.jpg

Vicar

Cipher
Patron
Then you wake up and gave to talk to some wench from your village when all you want to do is hit "i" and see whether those dicks really took everything from you and invalidated the first 10 hrs .
Your items are in the chest behind you. It’s even in the quest log.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Since we're pestering Smejki already, can you guys add the ability to disable markers on the compass? Obviously the ship has already sailed re needing the quest markers at all but I'd much rather have to open the map to see them than to always have them on my screen.
It's been proposed internally. I'd welcome it. We'll see.

There is a way to disable the compass in the console, but it only last until you pick a flower or open the map. Is there a way to make it more permanent?

Parabalus

Arcane

Do you also lose your levels and skills, or just all items+gold?

Smejki

Developer
Also sometimes it's not clear whether or not you are allowed to be in a certain place. Sometimes you get the "Private area" message and sometimes you don't so you think it's ok but people pester you and chase you out anyway.
there are 4 levels of trespass
- none
- invisible = pestering, paying attention to player's actions, dogs barking etc, NO CRIME by staying there
- blue trespass = crime after a while
- red trespass = crime after a way shorter while (the resulting crime is the same as the blue one)

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Since we're pestering Smejki already, can you guys add the ability to disable markers on the compass? Obviously the ship has already sailed re needing the quest markers at all but I'd much rather have to open the map to see them than to always have them on my screen.
It's been proposed internally. I'd welcome it. We'll see.

There is a way to disable the compass in the console, but it only last until you pick a flower or open the map. Is there a way to make it more permanent?
Imagine if people asking this have actually discovered a bug, where every time you open/close the map, the game overwrites the config registry entries with the defaults :lol:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I tried using the (new?) "720p > 1080p" resolution in combination with everything else disabled or very low.
Now I can in some situation reach 30+ stable FPS and even in cities, it only rarely drops under 20 :lol:
It is now somewhat playable... sometimes. But looks quite terrible.

Again, that is with a GTX 1070, 16GB and i7@3.6Ghz...
I hope the promised patch in two weeks really does something to help.

Dude I'm telling you, your PC is fucked, I have the same specs and with almost everything on ultra besides Shaders,Shadows the fps stays at 70+ in towns and 110+ outside. You better start looking inside your PC cause no patch will fix your problems.
I'm getting slightly annoyed at having to repeat myself, but my PC is not fucked.
I can play EVERY SINGLE GAME (I'm talking the likes of Witcher 3, CoD, Everspace, Tomb Raider, Spellforce 3, Ashes Of Singularity, etc.) on high(est) settings, without problems, as it should be.
That includes games where people are complaining about horrible optimization.
Just this one game has incredibly bad performance for me. And not on high settings, the game looks terrible with my current settings, more like the original Mount & Blade - and yet, barely playable.
But yeah, sure, my PC is fucked ;)

And I'm by far not the only one with this complaint, have a look around at the reviews.

I'm unsure about CryEngine in general, though. KCD is the only game from this list I have played (using CryEngine 4, that is):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CryEngine_games

Maybe something about CryEngine 4 is incompatible with my setup (though I have no idea what would be so special about my setup).

What CPU? There are different i7 out there, i7 920 for example is far too weak, since its 9 years old.
i7-4790

Last edited:

Turbo normie

Scholar
Okay... I haven't read something about the possibility to fuck a smelly farmer girl or romancing an inbreed noble woman.
This is a major :decline:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Also sometimes it's not clear whether or not you are allowed to be in a certain place. Sometimes you get the "Private area" message and sometimes you don't so you think it's ok but people pester you and chase you out anyway.
there are 4 levels of trespass
- none
- invisible = pestering, paying attention to player's actions, dogs barking etc, NO CRIME by staying there
- blue trespass = crime after a while
- red trespass = crime after a way shorter while (the resulting crime is the same as the blue one)
I have a question too, from watching streams and gameplay videos - it seems that rather often NPCs are facing the player but behaving as if they suspect someone is sneaking around... What's the reason for this? Can the player do anything in order to avoid breaking the NPC behavior?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Played it a bit more.

- sound is really good. Footsteps, clothes and ambient sounds p good.
-which makes it weird that they havent figured how to make it rain indoor. Gothic 1 has this feature. No biggie tho.
-VA is generally good and well acted, while facial animation itself is a bit. . Uncanny? It is becausr the eyeballs looks dead sometimes and ot rarely move. The facial anination in pre rendered cutscenes are p amazing tho. Still, not a big deal.

Love the atmosphere, soundtrack is awesome, graphics looks nice.

Everything is good imo except for the performance and bugs.

I updated NVIDIA driver and it run 15-10% better, buf it still run at like 55 in open fields and 30 ish in towns. If this just would run at 60 fps relatively stable, and i woild even tolerate mid 50s drop,but the performance is really grating it just use 30 FPS because it actually run pretty stable.

I hope the FPS fix improve it. .. in two weeks.

Generally i consider this game quite an accomplishment for whatever limited resources they have. Oh also the map and the illustration at the codex are really beautiful and the codex itself is a joy to read.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

The stuff is in the chest by the bed. At least was in mine.

Smejki

Developer
Your stuff is right there in the chest beside your bed. pretty sure a tutorial says so. Not so sure about dialog tho.

Smejki

Developer
-which makes it weird that they havent figured how to make it rain indoor. Gothic 1 has this feature. No biggie tho.
what are you saying? that you can't hear thr sound of rain indoor?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom