Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Why is Henry always so hungry ? I stuffed his fat fucking face with everything I've got and the chubster still asks for more and he won't shut the fuck up about it either..

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Why is Henry always so hungry ? I stuffed his fat fucking face with everything I've got and the chubster still asks for more and he won't shut the fuck up about it either..
He's coping with the death of his parents, you insensitive prick!

moon knight

Matt7895's alt

I think it's because the hunger system is based around a stat and different food has different nourishment level. So stuffing your character with low nourishment garbage will make him less satisfied.

I think the system should be based around a simple "eating check" every 6-8 hours depending on the nourishment level, so your character doesn't complain all the time.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I tried using the (new?) "720p > 1080p" resolution in combination with everything else disabled or very low.
Now I can in some situation reach 30+ stable FPS and even in cities, it only rarely drops under 20 :lol:
It is now somewhat playable... sometimes. But looks quite terrible.

Again, that is with a GTX 1070, 16GB and i7@3.6Ghz...
I hope the promised patch in two weeks really does something to help.

All that running around really speeds up his metabolism. We probably should be happy game didn't have us taking a shit every 15 minutes too.

2018 and no proper save function

Br00TCn.gif

At least make it optional, so purists can fuck off and people with actual jobs can enjoy the game without smashing peripherals and bogging down steam's refund system.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I tried using the (new?) "720p > 1080p" resolution in combination with everything else disabled or very low.
Now I can in some situation reach 30+ stable FPS and even in cities, it only rarely drops under 20 :lol:

What CPU? There are different i7 out there, i7 920 for example is far too weak, since its 9 years old.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
How a Bethesda fan reacts to KC:D

clickbait the channel?

... "It ain't good", or "When your argumentative powers' and vocabulary's limit is the phrase `... I-I mean... that's just crazy`".

Also, every time I hear this valley girl rising intonation, I want to smash that person's face with a heavy, blunt object.

Elex

Arbiter
Very positive review there. Basically it would be a slam dunk if not for the bugs.

It’s one of the most satisfying, rewarding role-playing experiences I’ve had on PC for a while, but the inconsistent performance and the game’s tendency to completely break does test my patience from time to time.
yes i guess that if you remove bugs , add better optimization and add more option for different level of "simulation/save" you get a 90-93 game.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

Dude I'm telling you, your PC is fucked, I have the same specs and with almost everything on ultra besides Shaders,Shadows the fps stays at 70+ in towns and 110+ outside. You better start looking inside your PC cause no patch will fix your problems.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Did it just now. I still freeze up every minute or so. Game is fun when it works but towns are fucking infuriating due to the freezes. I think I'll refund it and wait for patches and a sale.

Yeah I've fixed regular stutters by limiting my framerate to number it never goes below but those freezes still happen from time to time. It's a shame, I'm getting really hooked on the game but this makes it seems like I'll have to wait for a fix.

People on the steam forums are saying the freezes stop after you get through the prologue (so when you end up in Rattay). So some issue with the prologue specifically.
I'll try today to get all the way through and report back.

Codex Year of the Donut

Have you checked to see if your CPU or GPU is being throttled due to temperature?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So I finished the prologue. An awesomely handled way to ease you in into the world, characters and story. By far the best I've ever seen.

What I don't like - the stealing mechanics is wonky. There are all these impressive stats like conspicuousness, noise and visibility but there is no good feedback whether or not you're actually invisible or inaudible. Sometimes I was looting a chest in an empty house behind a close door, the lockpick rattled a bit and boom, a guard is smacking my butt with a sword.

Also sometimes it's not clear whether or not you are allowed to be in a certain place. Sometimes you get the "Private area" message and sometimes you don't so you think it's ok but people pester you and chase you out anyway. The other day I was peacefully picking some nettle in the "Baths" area under Talmberg, minding my own business, when everybody started absolutely freaking out, running into woods and screaming "Over there!" I thought Sigismund is coming. But no, instead a couple of guards from the Talmberg castle ran down and busted me (the ones in the village didn't give a damn about me). So I'm not allowed into the Baths area and even picking nettles is considered stealing? There was no "Private area" message and it's just outside, under the Lord's blue sky.

The wonky stealing system also did this to me:

I was practising lockpicking in Talmberg and failed. Guard heard the lockpick snap (right), busted me and put me in jail. And boom, after doing my time they kicked me out of the castle! I thought getting out would require some questing effort but instead all you have to do is get yourself busted. All right, but I didn't get the horse! Fuck and my save is like an hour old. So I decided to go back to Skalitz like a good Christian peasant - walking. Problem is I was trying shenanigans, jumping up and down river beds, and injured both my legs. My HP shrunk to 50%. The fall damage in this game is no fucking joke. Ofc it's the prologue so no sleeping or healing for you! On the way to Skalitz some bandits jumped me and so I literally hobbled back home on like 30% HP, on my two broken feet, with very short stamina. Those bloodshot eyes sure made the next scenes moar intense.

It was annoying to slow-walk for 15 minutes but it sure as fuck was memorable. I'm appreciating the limited save system more now but I still lean for removing it.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
"if you know me you know I really like hard games … I beat the first four bosses of dark souls … I really like Skyrim"
:retarded:
It's gold. Especially the incoherent sentences and non-existent vocabulary. It's like listening to a Donald Trump speech. Actually, this might be the product of listening to Donald Trump speeches for days on end. :lol: I'm at minute 12, it's all in the same style.

Last night the game went good mostly, FPS was around 50fps avg. No crashes, a few bugs, a few random times the lines of dialog repeated kept thinking I was in the Ground Hog movie. The major thing that bugs me is that opening and closing the menu causes the NPC's to float or fall LOL

The save system is fucking stupid, and there was a very long sequence where I had nothing to save, and then even after endless cut-scenes and getting to the next major city. Still unable to save, I had to sleep. So I'll have to redo all that tomorrow, unless there was a autosave.

I am fine with the save system, if there was just a quick save and exit option as other games have done forever so I can pickup later.

Beowulf

Arcane
Where is the trader for lockpicks in the starting village?

Talk to your shit throwing buddies.

After throwing shit and meeting behind that house of the guy you beat up for daddy they didn't want to talk to me and dispersed. I have to find them in the village again?

Ahh, I assumed you wanted to open Kunesh's chest.
But, since that is clearly not the case, I don't know. You'll be able to get some lockpicks in the second town and come back to Scalitz to open some of the containers.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Do you guys think that KCD would have done well if it just had skyrim shit combat? Realistic in all ways but you can just clickspam and powerattack your way to sword mastery?

You usually do well when you play it safe. But artists don't like playing it safe, they crave for the challenge given by innovation.

Parabalus

Arcane
Where is the trader for lockpicks in the starting village?

Talk to your shit throwing buddies.

After throwing shit and meeting behind that house of the guy you beat up for daddy they didn't want to talk to me and dispersed. I have to find them in the village again?

Ahh, I assumed you wanted to open Kunesh's chest.
But, since that is clearly not the case, I don't know. You'll be able to get some lockpicks in the second town and come back to Scalitz to open some of the containers.

I just saw like 20+ locked containers while stealing and wanted to open them, figured skilling lockpicking would only get harder than in the tutorial.

Did anyone manage to kill the lone enemy who spawns behind you after you get the RUN! objective? It's right after a autosave point so it seems like good practice.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I am fine with the save system, if there was just a quick save and exit option as other games have done forever so I can pickup later.

That would not limit save scumming in any way, it'd only make it more annoying and piss people off. Might as well implement the standard F5/F9 system.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom