Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Smejki How do you feel about all the uneducated retards who think that the game is set in the 14th century? It's not just in the "gaming journalist" reviews, it's everywhere.
1403, ~4 years into the 15th century. Wow, such retards.

Spotted someone who thought it was set in the 14th century. :lol:

It's 3 years into the 15th. 1400 is the 100th year of the 14th century.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
How the fuck does stealing work?! I grab a bunch of stuff with nobody around, door closed. In the morning a guard catches me in the street fo stealing. How?! This is somewhat frustrating.
He didn't catch you for stealing. You would have a crime icon beside your compass
What happened is that by committing crimes you are raising angriness in the area. Above certain angriness level the guards start doing regular frisks.
The system is now a bit too sensitive, we're tuning it.
Also there's an exploit I discovered last week. If you drop your items before the surrender to frisk you'll be ok. Nobody realized one could do that. It's quite an easy fix and we'll implement a system which would take that into account so enjoy it while it's there.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Smejki How do you feel about all the uneducated retards who think that the game is set in the 14th century? It's not just in the "gaming journalist" reviews, it's everywhere.

In English 1403 is either the 15th century or the 1400s. Damaged people can probably get confused easily by this.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
I don't laugh at people who made an understandable mistake I've made countless times. Also one can get even more easily confused in English since 1400s is also a way to describe the same time period.
But we have set up a new department which would seek typos and other minor mistakes, misconceptions and misunderstandings in KCD reviews and archive them all. That's what we pay most attention to now. We're still hiring.

Seethe

Arbiter
Historically Accurate Oblivion seems to have bethesda's bug count as well.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Angry Joe is as cretinous as it gets in the gaming world.

Yes.

But his final verdict is "I like it a lot, a lot of admiration for the effort and attention to detail". He seems genuinely baffled how an independent developer could've pulled out something like this.

He is "likely doing a review".

And if he does it's a couple of millions of views. If he doesn't shit on it (7/10 or better) he'll easily sell a 100k copies single-handedly.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
1403, ~4 years into the 15th century. Wow, such retards.

Spotted someone who thought it was set in the 14th century. :lol:

It's 3 years into the 15th. 1400 is the 100th year of the 14th century.
When you wrote "uneducated retards" I thought there was something more going on (like people missing the date by several centuries), instead of the usual Blainesperging :M

Rev

Arcane
Played for two and a half hours. I just scratched the surface and completed the first mission (tutorial), I've yet to master the systems but the first impression is rather good.
Also, no bug so far and the game is going fairly well with everything on high (I have a R9 290).

Tigranes

Arcane
The tutorial is too long, and is stuffed full of cutscenes - it took me 3 hours or so to get out of it, until you see the movie intro style credits rolling. For parts of that tutorial you're essentially going from one cutscene to another. I'm hoping/expecting that it opens up after that, Rattay seems alright. Also, these cutscenes are pretty good for what they are - the writing is very down to earth, and has far better camerawork and pacing than most vidya game cutscenes. The scene where Radzig is chatting with the Rattay lords is quite nice.

Now that I've fought a couple of battles and have a slight sense of the sword combat, it looks very promising - there's a ton of mechanics in there that you are essentially figuring out by watching the enemy and timing it rather than big blinking lights, and it doesn't like it when you spam LMB. Still trying to figure out unarmed combat, as it's hard to get a sense of when enemies are going to go down.

The game has a really great style - no shitty bloomfests or whatnot, just full of period setting props and some fantastic, proper looking countryside.

Vexxt

Educated
I'm a few hours in, and this game is quite captivating. The storytelling is great, and visually its quite impressive.

Running a 1080ti, 32GB ram, and an i7 6800k with an ultrawide (3440x1440) with everything set on "high". This proves challenging, as areas dense with NPC's or combat will cause the framerate to drop from a steady 60-70 down to 35-40. I'm not complaining though, since it is to be expected at that resolution. Dropping to medium keeps me at a pretty solid 60 on ultrawide, so I'm happy.

Mechanically, I like the game a lot. It's a breath of fresh air, TBH. All of the little things add up to a lot, such as the lockpicking method, haggling, inventory system, the beautiful hand-drawn map, etc.

I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow, because I really want to keep going. This is impressive work coming from warhorse, especially considering the team size. We need more games that take chances, try new mechanics etc - support this studio.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yo Smejki what's up with that lockpicking on a controller? Is it working as intended or have you made it accidentally more brutal than you wanted? Because crying over lockpicking is almost as loud as crying over saving.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Btw I won't be able to play for the next few days and I really want to ask this:

Have you bumped into Kyeser yet? How is Brian Blessed? Amazing as always or underwhelming (bc too old/crazy)?

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Yeah, this is shit. I returned to it today after work and here is what happened:

-- Continued quest "Run!" by sleeping til morning--cutscene--going to battlements with torch--cutscene--standing watch--cutscene--going to see what's happened--cutscene, followed by cutscene--then advanced quest to the "get out of the castle-get your horse--return home to bury your parents" portion.

-- Taked to Radon, denied, thought to talk with Milady, good call, she gives me idea of going to armoury and dressing up as local soldier and simply walking out of castle--go to armory--look around--go to bottom floor to look at chests--got message I was very hungry/saw meter--ate some food--apparently too much as I got the "pig" designation affecting my mobility, among other things--chests on bottom floor too tough, need to head back up to chests on upper floors which were easier--WHOOPS CAN'T CLIMB THE LADDER SINCE I'M A PIG--so I'll wait a bit with Ye Olde T Command, except i can't wait long enough to get rid of PIG status without failing quest.

Result: Load Save and do over.

Oh, except I'M NOT ALLOWED TO FUCKING SAVE WHEN I WANT SO I HAVE TO GO ALLLLLLTHEWAYBACK.

-- Taked to Radon, denied, thought to talk with Milady, good call, she gives me idea of going to armoury and dressing up as local soldier and simply walking out of castle--go to stable, but no horses give commands to either mount or take, so I figure these aren't where my horse is though I could've sworn this is where he was when I last saw him oh well he must be somewhere else--go to armory--look around--pick lock on first floor this time as it's "very easy"--dress up as local soldier--go back to M'lady, she doesn't recognize me, we're looking golden--except guard gate bloody well recognizes me since I'm not a moron--have to bribe him, offer 10 gp to start, dialog fails and I go back to beginning of conversation--try again--success at 15 gp--I leave the castle, SUCCESS BITCHES, call my horse, look around, nothing--check on Internet--OH THAT WAS MY FUCKING HORSE IN THE STABLES ONLY THE COMMANDS NOT SHOWING IS A BUG.

Result: Load Save and do over

-- As above, get out with horse, see wounded soldier on road kinda hunched over, go over to help, NO ARRESTED TAKEN BACK TO CASTLE

Result: Load Save and do over....nah, fuck this. Quit.

I'll play again when I can save so as to avoid this game's clunky clumsiness and buggy interface.

You are pretty bad a games, friend.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Since we're pestering Smejki already, can you guys add the ability to disable markers on the compass? Obviously the ship has already sailed re needing the quest markers at all but I'd much rather have to open the map to see them than to always have them on my screen.

You can deselect quests in the quest log and they stop showing up on the compass. Dunno about markers for shops/points of interest though.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
I adored the quest to go hunting with Hans. It really, truly made me feel like a hunter, something most games that have hunting fail at, imo. Those hares are really fucking dumb though. :lol:
So far I'm having an absolute blast with the game. Super solid stuff.

Dexter

Arcane
Started playing @1440p and getting 50-60FPS mostly in the first town with one GTX1080 (1080p gives 60FPS stable, oh yeah and if you haven't done it first thing don't forget to disable Motion Blur), did most of the quests till I got to the Kunesh one, was beating his ass, then I encountered my first bug, fell through the ground and couldn't hit him no more, he fell through too and got stuck down there, I could jump out but fell right back in, after some time he managed to beat me, but I ended up in a neverending black loading screen. :|
kingdomcome2018-02-14i5rfo.png

kingdomcome2018-02-14f3rn8.png

Fortunately it Saved while throwing shit at the Deutsche's Haus and I beat him next time.

Btw. these are really solid Peak numbers for Steam alone on Day1, you can usually take those and apply at least a x2 or x3 Multiplier for actual total Sales on the platform, SteamSpy is also starting to catch up:
kcd-peak3tpk6.png

kcd-steamspyb1rlh.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom