Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

imweasel

How the fuck does stealing work?! I grab a bunch of stuff with nobody around, door closed. In the morning a guard catches me in the street fo stealing. How?! This is somewhat frustrating.
Maybe everything in the game has a barcode like in Oblivion.

Or maybe the guards float up into the air on their mighty steeds and watch your every move through the roofs that exist but don't really exist. That could also be a possibility according to what has been written in the thread.

Beowulf

Arcane
- The lockpicking minigame sucks and gets old fast. I have to set my mouse sensitivity to low every time I try to pick a lock and even then it usually fails.

[..], although lockpicking seems impossible [...]

Bros, what kind of problem do you have with lockpicking?
I'm slightly inebriated, but so far only broke one lockpick while picking ever lock that is not too difficult for my character.
Just move your mouse until you find the bright spot, then hold it stable in the relative position to the centre. Nothing more to it.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The RPS review says the game's events are developing in the 14th c....

How qualified for reviewing anything at all is a retard who thinks dates from the year 1400 onwards to 1499 are in the 14th century?!

And also, which century does he believe we currently are?!

Paul_cz

Arcane
More likely he loved the simulation and sand box aspects of the game. It should be obvious to anyone that Vavra is not a CRPG fan in the traditional sense of tactical turn-based and party-based games, but entered the genre through open world, action simulation games like Oblivion, Mount and Blade, Witcher 3, Gothic, etc. His own game is also targeted towards the same crowd, though it expresses a different sensibility.
Funnily enough his favourite RPG of all time is Fallout 1 and 2. But more for quests, atmosphere, writing than perspective and turn based, yeah. He also reviewed New Vegas and gave it 9.

Mortmal

Arcane

Inclined first impressions.

As for the saving system - I personally like it (tho I wish they tweaked it a little). Moar hardcore, moar better. But seeing how much kasuals cry over it I would 100% remove it if I was Warhorse. It's just NOT worth the shitstorm.

Also I had been playing for about 5 hours today and I haven't run into a single bug. Not sayin' anything, just sayin'.

Saving system is a pain in the ass, terrible idea and completely worth the shitstorm. After the coal merchant bug i've not encountered many bugs in 5 hours of play but tbh i have not encountered much gameplay yet either. The amount of cutscenes is insane, much more than witcher 3, it would even put to shame square enix. There's definitively some incline, the atmosphere quest design and story telling is clearly on par the best , but i'd like to be able to do things a little more.

Rev

Arcane

How qualified for reviewing anything at all is a retard who thinks dates from the year 1400 onwards to 1499 are in the 14th century?!

Yeah, those fucking morons at RPS are dumb as fuck.
"The game portrays women in a negative way, there is no woman in power in a Medieval setting, and I don't know if their race portrayal is accurate either" and then they can't even write the correct century in which the game takes place.

To think I used to read that site until like four years ago, they've really gone downwards in the last years.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

"The game portrays women in a negative way, there is no woman in power in a Medieval setting, and I don't know if their race portrayal is accurate either" and then they can't even write the correct century in which the game takes place.

To think I used to read that site until like four years ago, they've really gone downwards in the last years.
People rambling about the current year suspiciously fail to answer correctly which the current century is.

Also, assuming that if something doesn't fit your beliefs or moral values, it's veracity is suspicious, is called plainly "prejudice".

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

There were powerful women in the middle ages. For starters, i'm pretty sure queens were granted far greater authority and respect than any male denizen of the land besides her husband. What didn't exist in the middle ages was any notion of equality between the sexes, which doesn't necessarily mean what SJWs think it means. You wouldn't see a woman knight but at the same time there was no such thing as men brutally and wantonly raping women on a whim, or any retarded shit they believe happened back then. Yeah, go try to rape a random woman in the streets and see how fast her family would come after you to pin you to a wall with spears, assuming the lord of the area didn't strung you up to a tree and left your carcass to get picked off by birds first. I mean, seriously, for fuck's sake.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I fought a bandit near his camp. He yielded and I let him go, but I demanded that he would leave his weapons. He did. I went to his camp to plunder, and while I was doing so the bandit wanders in with no care in the world and goes to bed. THE NERVE!
I of course knock him unconscious and take the rest of his gear and leave him there to freeze.

KevinV12000

Arcane
Yeah, this is shit. I returned to it today after work and here is what happened:

-- Continued quest "Run!" by sleeping til morning--cutscene--going to battlements with torch--cutscene--standing watch--cutscene--going to see what's happened--cutscene, followed by cutscene--then advanced quest to the "get out of the castle-get your horse--return home to bury your parents" portion.

-- Taked to Radon, denied, thought to talk with Milady, good call, she gives me idea of going to armoury and dressing up as local soldier and simply walking out of castle--go to armory--look around--go to bottom floor to look at chests--got message I was very hungry/saw meter--ate some food--apparently too much as I got the "pig" designation affecting my mobility, among other things--chests on bottom floor too tough, need to head back up to chests on upper floors which were easier--WHOOPS CAN'T CLIMB THE LADDER SINCE I'M A PIG--so I'll wait a bit with Ye Olde T Command, except i can't wait long enough to get rid of PIG status without failing quest.

Result: Load Save and do over.

Oh, except I'M NOT ALLOWED TO FUCKING SAVE WHEN I WANT SO I HAVE TO GO ALLLLLLTHEWAYBACK.

-- Taked to Radon, denied, thought to talk with Milady, good call, she gives me idea of going to armoury and dressing up as local soldier and simply walking out of castle--go to stable, but no horses give commands to either mount or take, so I figure these aren't where my horse is though I could've sworn this is where he was when I last saw him oh well he must be somewhere else--go to armory--look around--pick lock on first floor this time as it's "very easy"--dress up as local soldier--go back to M'lady, she doesn't recognize me, we're looking golden--except guard gate bloody well recognizes me since I'm not a moron--have to bribe him, offer 10 gp to start, dialog fails and I go back to beginning of conversation--try again--success at 15 gp--I leave the castle, SUCCESS BITCHES, call my horse, look around, nothing--check on Internet--OH THAT WAS MY FUCKING HORSE IN THE STABLES ONLY THE COMMANDS NOT SHOWING IS A BUG.

Result: Load Save and do over

-- As above, get out with horse, see wounded soldier on road kinda hunched over, go over to help, NO ARRESTED TAKEN BACK TO CASTLE

Result: Load Save and do over....nah, fuck this. Quit.

I'll play again when I can save so as to avoid this game's clunky clumsiness and buggy interface.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Jesus christ, just got to Talimberg or whatever the fuck and I got bombarded with a 30-40 minutes cutscene, almost forgot I was playing a damn game over here

"Played" the first two hours of the game today and I have to agree. The amount of cutscenes is insane. At least in the beginning the game plays like a JRPG, i.e not at all. It is basically a movie with short tutorial segments in between... I basically still don't know the game mechanics because I wasn't really allowed to play yet...

BUT the game has a magnificent atmosphere and I still have some hope that all this bullshit will subside once (if) the whole frontloaded story vomiting stops. The characters seem actually sympathetic and interesting instead of being terrible fantasy tropes and cliches. And the game world is coherent and refreshingly realistic without being "dark" and edgy.

So I remain optimistic. Oh and the FPS seems fine for the most part. I barely have frame drops, but occasional freezes seemingly out of nowhere. 1070, 16gb RAM, i5 3570K.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, I watched streams and I kinda see it as an average game. Which a lot of people put down in 3-10 hours.

It's kinda funny to see reviews which are giving it honest score, perhaps with current patch level too high. But what can we do about that.
It kinda pisses me off when I see game that could be better, if someone bothered to ask me about help 2 years ago, and solve all problems with bureaucrats for me.

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
It used to be my favourite gaming site back in 2008 or so. Especially liked Kieron Gillen's take on reviewing games. He put much more emphasis on the experience of playing a game than trying to give an arbitrary rating to gameplay, gfx etc. as was the standard back then. Don't know what happened over there but the site has become completely infuriating to read.
I just want to punch that Edwin Evans dude in the face over and over again while telling him he should start acting like a man. And I'm not a violent person, nor am I particularly bothered by gender-roles or invested in gamergate. But this dude's virtue signalling, his slimy pandering to women, the way he sneaky suggests that portraying Cuman mercenaries as, well mercenaries, is racist, are so incredibly rage inducing. Someone should call his mother and tell her to check her panty drawers, 'cause this pathetic excuse for a man she spawned is probably wearing them.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
A save system like that doesn't work with all-or-nothing skills like pickpocket.
When a possible result from attempting to pick pockets is that the guards will be on your ass and you will need to reload to replay the last 20 minutes of playing, then you will simply never pick pockets.
I played Fallout I without reloading. Of course failed pick pocket meant whole city would gank on you. But that's a consequence you need to accept.

"Played" the first two hours of the game today and I have to agree. The amount of cutscenes is insane. At least in the beginning the game plays like a JRPG, i.e not at all. It is basically a movie with short tutorial segments in between... I basically still don't know the game mechanics because I wasn't really allowed to play yet...

You folks are acting as you never played Xenosaga. In fact Xenosaga II and III should have more cutscenes. Remember, it's about story, not about grind.

harhar!

Augur
Struggling to kill the bandits in the Ginger quest. Any advice?

Finally killed them.

Took all armor off, waited until night, then snuck up and knocked one out and attacked the other before he had time to equip himself. Loving it.

You could've also gone back to the captain. to ask for backup. Which is pretty neat.

I barely have frame drops, but occasional freezes seemingly out of nowhere. 1070, 16gb RAM, i5 3570K.

Try to go to your Nvidia Control Panel and set your graphic card as the processor in the PhysX settings in "Configure surround, PhysX".

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You folks are acting as you never played Xenosaga. In fact Xenosaga II and III should have more cutscenes. Remember, it's about story, not about grind.

I couldn't care less about story. There is a reason I don't play JRPGs or modern RPGs in general. I'll see how the game develops but if it stays that way I am going back into my cave and keep replaying old blobbers.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What is he doing? I ain't clickin' that shit.

He spends 70% of the stream time chatting with the stream. There are very short gameplay bursts in between 1 minute long thankings to subscribers and donors.

Lol I hate Twitch so much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom