Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Kingdom Come: Deliverance Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Kingdom Come: Deliverance; Warhorse Studios

This morning, Warhorse Studios released Kingdom Come: Deliverance, their historical open world action-RPG set in medieval Bohemia. It's been a long journey for Warhorse, originally founded as Prague Game Studios in late 2011. Kingdom Come will be their first released title, and as far as I can tell they've been working on it for that entire time, although development only kicked into high gear after the game was formally revealed in December 2013 and successfully Kickstarted a month later. The founder of Warhorse, Mafia series creator Dan Vavra, is an outspoken and sometimes controversial gentleman. With Kingdom Come, he set out to prove that he could produce a better AAA game than big budget titles such as Skyrim, and at a lower cost. Needless to say, many of us here on the Codex have been rooting for him. But as development went on and on, some worried that he'd bitten off more than he could chew, that the game would be rejected as janky European shovelware.

Now that it's out, it's clear that Kingdom Come is indeed not the most polished title in the world. But that doesn't seem to be hurting its sales so far. Open world RPGs have always gotten a lot of leeway on jankiness, and the hunger for a Witcher 3 successor is real. The more important question of how the game measures up as a roleplaying experience is something we'll all be investigating in the coming weeks. For now, enjoy one last trailer:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is available now on Steam for the price of $60.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Seems like this might be the jankiest release in a long time, VTMB levels possibly? Maybe it will even get similar levels of fan-fixing in the years to come, since it seems to be rather system-driven and open gameplay-wise. Meanwhile, I see months and months of patching ahead of us.

Hopefully it sells well enough and proves that historical RPGs are worthwile, so we can get more of them.

Anyway, congratulations do Dan Vavra and the team. Hard to imagine it has been five years since this interview.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Combat seems okay but I'll bundle it -- not paying the additional $40 for edgy/mainstream gamer narrative.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I haven't followed the dev of this game but it does look like they've stamped the storytelling to cover the lack of direction of the gameplay. I don't know what they're thinking putting you in the shoes of some pleb, that is some tedious shit, just check out this empty look in his eyes, same thing when you look into a mirror you obnoxious toddler

Chrio

Novice

Oh boi, those comments, what a bunch of mouthbreathers.

"First of all, personal politics of a farmer won’t affect the food he grows, while personal politics of a writer(or most other creative professions) will absolutely affect the content he creates. "

Yeah thats because most games nowadays are utter garbage, because they are made by faggots.

Epsilon

Cipher

Oh boi, those comments, what a bunch of mouthbreathers.

"First of all, personal politics of a farmer won’t affect the food he grows, while personal politics of a writer(or most other creative professions) will absolutely affect the content he creates. "

Yeah thats because most games nowadays are utter garbage, because they are made by faggots.
I thought Fallout was pretty good.

PrettyDeadman

Seems like this might be the jankiest release in a long time, VTMB levels possibly?
The game is LEAGUES more stable than most of the modern AAA open world rpg releases. Unfortunately majority of game journalists are unqualified hack who talk out of their asses.

Nael

Arcane
Seems like this might be the jankiest release in a long time, VTMB levels possibly?
The game is LEAGUES more stable than most of the modern AAA open world rpg releases. Unfortunately majority of game journalists are unqualified hack who talk out of their asses.

I'm running on a 2 year old laptop and I haven't had any issues so far running everything on "High."

I get some pop-up on textures for a few moments when loading new scenes but nothing too severe.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Seems like this might be the jankiest release in a long time, VTMB levels possibly? Maybe it will even get similar levels of fan-fixing in the years to come, since it seems to be rather system-driven and open gameplay-wise. Meanwhile, I see months and months of patching ahead of us.

Hopefully it sells well enough and proves that historical RPGs are worthwile, so we can get more of them.

Anyway, congratulations do Dan Vavra and the team. Hard to imagine it has been five years since this interview.

That interview was good, even if it threw part of codex into hissy fit. It is gratifying to see the final game and the interview matching so well, even if it took 5 years.

Walden

Savant
I look forward to buy it on GOG, looks good, but I'm bogged down with work in these weeks, I wish I had your free time to waste with these sjw things and every fart on the internet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom